Kayane's CPU Impressions & Videos From Italy

Recently, Kayane was invited by Namco Bandai Games to come to Italy for an interview by an Italian newspaper and to play Soulcalibur V, where she recorded videos of her gameplay against CPU opponents. The videos should give you a better idea of what the characters are capable of as well as to demonstrate the improvements that were made to the AI.

I also asked Kayane a few questions about her recent trip and about Soulcalibur V. I would also like to congratulate Kayane for becoming a member of the eLive pro team. You can click here for more details about that announcement.

Me: Where in Italy did this interview take place?
Kayane: It took place in Milan at Namco Bandai Office. I had the meeting room with Soul Calibur V for me :-)
blank.gif
I could play in a big screen, loud sound and a fighting stick, paradise!

Me: How come you only played against the CPU while you were there? Were the people there scared to play you?
Kayane: I asked several times to play with people from Namco but they didn't want to try, maybe because they had work. But they really enjoyed watching me playing some matches.
blank.gif

Me: Did you play Broken Destiny? If so, how does the AI in BD compare to the AI in SCV? Do you feel that it's the same or have been improved in SCV?
Kayane: Yes I have already played SC BD, actually I think they made more efforts again to make the CPU more intelligent and more human like. Especially since now there is a critical edge bar, the CPU is able to manage it well, saving meter to use it at good moments only (different from SSFIV CPU which uses Ultra anytime it has bar whereas there is non sense to use it). You don't have the impression to play against a CPU but a real person.

Me: Did you use any of Natsu while you were there?
Kayane: I used Natsu sometimes, but I was really more focused on Leixia. I saw some Natsu commands changed from the previous Demo. So the developers are still working on the command list. I think that Natsu is more fun to watch than Leixia thanks to her illusions that are very stylish and impressive.

Me: How do you like Leixia so far? Was there any reason for only using Leixia in these videos? Do you prefer Leixia over Xianghua so far or would rather have seen Xianghua remain in the game?
Kayane: I really like Leixia's style, it looks like Xianghua's but it's different. It's more focused on feints than X used to be. She also has longer range but her lows are more difficult to do since you have to be on 8wayrun for old 1A, 1K.

I especially played Leixia because I wanted to be used to this new "Xianghua" in this new SC. But I could play some Viola and Ezio fastly. I would have prefered Xianghua than Leixia, since she's my character since I was 7. But Leixia looks like exactly Xianghua so i'm ok.
blank.gif
I prefered Xianghua's voice though lol!

Me: Are you solely going to be using Leixia in SCV or will you still be using Leixia and Natsu?
Kayane: I'm thinking to main Leixia and Natsu as my second character. But I want to see more about Viola who looks very interesting. She has a lot of pressure thanks to her orb, and she is fast thanks to her claws. It's very interesting! So I may use her too.

Article
YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the videos.

From this, on hard mode, ZWEI's fighting style is actually kinda strange for the weapons he uses, you might as well say he dual-wields a assassin-handle sword and EIN (as a pure weapon summon). lets see... a guy who wields one sword, with a solid sense of style that is unusual, that can summon a spirit wolf... now i remember who he reminds me of!

sieg-wahrheit-961.jpg

Sieg Wahrheit!

And with that said, those combo's were rather savage, but new. not only that, his damage is really high for Vertical -> and AB in all forms.

Without paying especially close attention, the AI certainly looked more organic than previous installments. Of course if you watch carefully you can detect some inhumanity to it, but I never expect FG AI to really impress or make perfect sense, so I’m satisfied that SCV AI at least looks fun to fight.

Kayane strikes again. This AI is extremely well done. The "mistakes" it makes are not random, but rather patterned. This gives me the impression that the AI is character specific and modeled after a real person's playstyle.

ohh God i dont wanna see anymore lexia gameplay from kayane really all she those is fill up that metter 3b launcher and then CE then 3b that flying kick, i mean really no hate intended to kayane i love what she has done for the sc comunity but seeing the same moves over and over aggain is not entertaining to me, I understand she hasent had the game enough time but dam thats repetitive i defenetly dont like the whole launcher into CE thing its really repetive and predictable, and that being said if its predictable its less apealing to the spectators by eliminating the "suprise!" factor aggain thank you Kayane for everything that you have done for the sc comunity no hate intended, i do understand that you havent had the time to master lexia resulting in limited gameplay but anyways thanks anyways

Live streams

4 Viewers
CallMePeterJr
CallMePeterJr
The Adventures Of Paige Continues. Progressing through more of Libra Of Souls
1 Viewers
diabloriscart93
diabloriscart93
ScVI:Le legendaDeSoulEdge&Soulcalibur01

Forum statistics

Threads
Members