Leixia Q&A/General Strategy Thread

I've been using Xianghua since SC2 and have been using Leixia since the release of SC5 , I think we can all agree the reason no one uses 6B+K is because it looks plain freaking retarded. If we are going to resort to using this move because we are running out of viable options, I'm losing hope in humanity.

personally i like 6B+K just for the advancing step it gives, but the second hit can be JGed and i believe it's -14 on JG. if -13 then i would use it more, but i am pretty sure it's at least -14.

the second hit can be JGed and i believe it's -14 on JG. if -13 then i would use it more, but i am pretty sure it's at least -14.

-13 at worst. Pyrrha can't stab it.

I think we can all agree the reason no one uses 6B+K is because it looks plain freaking retarded. If we are going to resort to using this move because we are running out of viable options, I'm losing hope in humanity.

You know what else looks retarded? ...Pat's launchers.

Hey guys.

I am liking 22A and 22B for a spacing game. I find it useful for natsu, mitsu, viola, pat, and apat without meter.

If i suspect evasive action i use 22B.

There are many other option but i like these moves alot

^I will admit, 22B is one of the most annoying moves in the game to me. It's not a vertical or a horizontal, I'm going to just call it "Attack!" :P

I've checked something I noticed in the matches I had vs Ring. I don't know, if it's a hitbox thing or some characters have better backstep than others, but:

If your opponent blocks a feint, WS A beat every movement except for Ivy and Xiba. They are the only characters that can backstep WS A after the block. Nobody else can, I don't know why they can.

I noticed that Ring could step this so often and I kept doing it in the believe it would beat it.

So yeah, after a billion of character-specific combos, say hello to character-specific forced blocks.

I don't know, if it's a hitbox thing or some characters have better backstep than others

That's exactly it. Ivy (and I guess Xiba), has a better backdash than most. Ivy can also backstep FC 3B after being hit with 6KK, so that's not surprising she can do it. It could also be hitbox related. Either way it sucks.

I think feints are pretty bad in general, with some practice it's very easy to JG them on reaction or step. Also, after blocking them, JG on WSA and FC3B can be done with the same timing etc..

I didn't say they were very good, but it's just annoying that some characters (most notably your kurwa) can backstep it, even when blocked at closerange.

I've checked something I noticed in the matches I had vs Ring. I don't know, if it's a hitbox thing or some characters have better backstep than others, but:

If your opponent blocks a feint, WS A beat every movement except for Ivy and Xiba. They are the only characters that can backstep WS A after the block. Nobody else can, I don't know why they can.

I noticed that Ring could step this so often and I kept doing it in the believe it would beat it.

So yeah, after a billion of character-specific combos, say hello to character-specific forced blocks.

Some characters definitely have better sidestep and backstep than others. It would be interesting to test. But it wouldn't just be about speed. Whether your opponent gets hit or not (e.g. in y our WR A situation) will depend on the opponent's hurtbox as well.

And it's not a simple range thing. E.g. Nightmare moves back really fast and really far, but can oftne get hit by some moves if they hit his claw, because of how far in front of his body it is. And I think some characters have a similar issue with their stance, if they have their front foot far forward, cos then they can get hit by some mids and lows that wouldn't hit others.

I think feints are pretty bad in general, with some practice it's very easy to JG them on reaction or step. Also, after blocking them, JG on WSA and FC3B can be done with the same timing etc..
In theory they are pretty bad, and can't be abused against someone who knows the matchup, but I've found very few players who actually deal with them properly. You were probably the best, and even against you I found them pretty useful. So until they get shut down, the mix-ups are worth discussing.

Whether your opponent gets hit or not (e.g. in y our WR A situation) will depend on the opponent's hurtbox as well.

And it's not a simple range thing. E.g. Nightmare moves back really fast and really far, but can oftne get hit by some moves if they hit his claw, because of how far in front of his body it is. And I think some characters have a similar issue with their stance, if they have their front foot far forward, cos then they can get hit by some mids and lows that wouldn't hit others.

Yep. Natsu has trouble sidestepping 66BB 2nd hit for the same reasons regarding stance or hitbox.

I've found very few players who actually deal with them properly.
Not surprising, when it comes to learning matchups in SCV, people are damn lazy. Until this day 80% of players don't even step 66BB.

Btw I found that second hit of Leixia's 33BB can be stepped when the move is blocked at tip range. Does the same thing apply to 4A+B? I haven't tested yet, but sometimes I can step second hit of her 4A+B, and sometimes it launches me. Is this also character dependent?

Btw I found that second hit of Leixia's 33BB can be stepped when the move is blocked at tip range. Does the same thing apply to 4A+B? I haven't tested yet, but sometimes I can step second hit of her 4A+B, and sometimes it launches me. Is this also character dependent?

I've tried it with some characters, and no one could step the second hit of 4A+B, including Ivy. Even at tip range, and tip range is very character-specific with this move because even at close-to-midrange it doesn't even hit a lot characters.

Hey guys what are your thoughts on 11_77A? Personally i like it.

EDIT: hmmm, this SA is dead so i am going to just state why like this move:

A perfect 8wayrun input makes 11_77A a fast low

If it hits:

1. If opponent mindlessly does a jumping move. WS B will kill all options except high and mid horizontals. however, WS WS B BE will aGI high horizontal jumps while evading verticals and most jump Ks (hilde?)

2. If opponent does a jump attack after seeing the hop animation from 11_77AAg will be safe except against leixia jump K.

3. if they freeze up or use 2A to interrupt 11_77A on hit (due to fear of WS B BE)then you use 11_77AA.

This is what like about leixia: she forces your opponent to guess, which can be very stressful and time consuming.

6B, and i will use viola as an example:

(I guess people wonder why i spam that move against pooty)

6B on block:

1. Due to expecting 6BA the opponent will mindlessly use 3B. so after opponent blocks 6B i use 44B+K in order to aGI 3B and 8A+B. if i recall: 6B at tip is out of viola 3A range.

2. Once i discourage TCs i can use 6BA to get free CHs if they guess wrong. i use 6BA sparingly against viola or if they step or JG 6B. hope this helps.

Back