Leixia Videos & Discussion

You can add me ZeroEffect317. (I think my friend list is starting to run out of room.)

Anyway to get back to the purpose of this thread, here are some online matches against Mitsurugi players. All pre-patch 1.03 though.

vs LYTC

vs. Kakesia_jap

vs. NemesisX (took a few beat downs here, lol)

vs HumanTyphoon

In your 2nd match agains NemesisX, did you 4A through Mitsus 11BA on reaction? Looked nice, but I was just wondering that if you have so good reaction time online, you might as well 4A+B it. :)

I saw that you do a lot of jump attacks after 3B+KK-cancel, probably to jump over 2A's and stuff. But that's a good way to apply 4A+B as well. At least it has worked for me.

And lol @ Mitsus CH FC1BB damage.

In your 2nd match agains NemesisX, did you 4A through Mitsus 11BA on reaction? Looked nice, but I was just wondering that if you have so good reaction time online, you might as well 4A+B it. :)

I saw that you do a lot of jump attacks after 3B+KK-cancel, probably to jump over 2A's and stuff. But that's a good way to apply 4A+B as well. At least it has worked for me.

And lol @ Mitsus CH FC1BB damage.

Actually I use 4A there because if he only does 11B and tries to step or TC it should beat both. And of course if he commits to the A I'll TC it. (Not really on reaction cause he was doing a LOT of 11B/11BA mixups.) And yeah, I usually do jump B to beat 2As and throw attempts since they are most common response for some reason.

I probably should be using 4A+B there, but I'm too scared of getting CH'd that I usually save it for strings or specific frame traps.

Mitsu's damage in general is retarded. It actually makes me pissed off at times even when I play as Mitsu myself.

Mitsu's damage in general is retarded. It actually makes me pissed off at times even when I play as Mitsu myself.
Yep. I don't even play Mitsu, I've never once gone into training with him, but for the last week every now and then I have a go with him against the other UK players... he's just ridiculous. You can mindlessly spam certain moves and win easily. Mitsurugi is actually making me hate this game. I wasn't even using FC 1B. It's not fun playing against him, and it's not fun playing with him.

He seems to struggle more against longer-range characters who can space him and/or punish him hard (e.g. Nightmare) but he is ridiculous vs shorter-range, low damage characters

In match 2, 1:18. Did you iWR B BE Punish? Or did her first hit put you into FC?
Either way, it was lovely and i'm definitely using that!!

Ive got to say very impressed with kalas and zero effects leixia, but zero effect i feel you play too safe need to take more risks and keep pressure on your opponent. i feel you do very well when you keep the pressure on when you sit back you give up most of leixia good attributes and give away the momentum remember this game is all about momentum perhaps you could go for frame traps more like 4 A ,4K into launcher or aa string catches a lot of players out.

Two more videos of me vs AceFrost.

In match 2, 1:18. Did you iWR B BE Punish? Or did her first hit put you into FC?
Either way, it was lovely and i'm definitely using that!!
Pyrrha did 66B BE. The first hit puts you in FC on block and you can step the 2nd hit with WR B (BE). So you don't have to do the instant WR version, just release G and press B, that's all.
That works against Pyrrhas 236AA BE as well.

Since we're all sharing videos... My endeavors in the online tournament. I fought two Mitsurugis in a row, which was extremely frustrating. Luckily, Fahros is good, and I felt like he actually earned his win. I got eliminated by Rhynoman's Aeon. The video of that one isn't up yet.

Hello guys, here are some videos from the Don King tournament, french tournament between the top 16 french players only. I also put some Leixia advice in the description of each vid for Ivy and Pyrrha match up.

Please enjoy !

Matches from JaxelDome tournament last weekend. Need to force myself to spend meter on CE more freely.

vs. Jaxel (Xiba)

vs. KDZ (Siegfried/Astaroth)

vs. Dreamkiller (Natsu)

vs. Thermidor (Nightmare) ...ugh, that Nightmare matchup

great matches Zero was very impressed especially with the natsu come back, great stuff. however was very disappointed to see you lose that that nightmare even though he was good. you let him get away with a lot of stuff that he shouldn't have even come close to like 66k in to grim stride should have been stopped by 2A, 3A, for range every single time. you can even wait for him yo use GS A so you can punish with 6KK for more damage.
GS A loses out to 3A+B so you can use this for CH fishing or if you're fast enough WR A can also guarantee your CE.
I also found out that 3A+B beats all GS follow ups and it counter hits also so 49 damage is guaranteed FC 3B is used after.
nightmare is not that hard a match up once you know how to counter his option the only real threat he poses are if you start whiffing leixia has very good tools against nightmare so if you dont whiff its actually in her favour.

when he was in NSS stance after you block the mid you should have been using fast tc like 6A+B , 3B+k or FC 3B to beat NSS BA, or simply back dash away if NSS Stance was giving you trouble you should have made him block an attack, he would have had to come out of it by blocking something.
remember nightmare doesn't want to come out of NSS stance untill he has you out of range, so there's potential for free damage doing this would have thrown him off.

most of his damage was coming from you teching never tech when you see 1A its tech trap and the face punch is the best way to set this up.
also if you block 1a he was making it safe with GS A, you should have just waited and punished with 6kk its -16 you weren't punishing GS A at all so he was using it liberally.
it also seems that this nightmare likes to play a guard break game plan hence why he always starts a round with 22AA you should have never allowed him to use charged 1A even though he can counter a jump attempt with a punch it would still go against his game plan which is to break your guard which will lead to wall combos or ring outs.
if your not near the edge you can escape charged 1A or the punch by jumping backwards.

Great matches, Zero. That being said, I've never watched a Leixia that frustrated me so much that I wanted to punch the player straight in the face.

Your homework: go into training, get the dummy to flashing red, and practice this string... iWR K, 1B+K, (Guard Crush here or on iWR K), 44[A], AA BE, 3B, 9K_W!, 4A+B, W!, 4A+B, 2K.

Do this ten times. Now I won't feel the urge to smack you when I watch you lose with the opponent still flashing red. :D

Keep up the good work! I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess that you were feeling somewhat nervous during these matches, causing you to miss out on some easy stuff. I say this because you make many of the EXACT SAME mistakes I make when I'm nervous.

Great matches, Zero. That being said, I've never watched a Leixia that frustrated me so much that I wanted to punch the player straight in the face.

Your homework: go into training, get the dummy to flashing red, and practice this string... iWR K, 1B+K, (Guard Crush here or on iWR K), 44[A], AA BE, 3B, 9K_W!, 4A+B, W!, 4A+B, 2K.

Do this ten times. Now I won't feel the urge to smack you when I watch you lose with the opponent still flashing red. :D

Keep up the good work! I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess that you were feeling somewhat nervous during these matches, causing you to miss out on some easy stuff. I say this because you make many of the EXACT SAME mistakes I make when I'm nervous.

Lol, I know the Guard crush combos, but there was never a point in those fights where I was anywhere near a wall and getting the specific 44[A] Guard bursts. I think there was a point in the Dreamkiller match where I did 4A+B 66K post burst, but that was because I thought 4A+B would Wallsplat. When it didn't, I defaulted to 66K.

To be honest with you the only match where nerves were an issue was the Thermidor one, since NM gives me problems

I also noticed that you never threatened your opponent with 4K frame traps when they were against the wall. Mix in a few FC3B's in here and they take a HUGE risk every time they try to duck under 4K.

A cheap shenanigan that I typically get away with at least once is 4K, 4K into a wall splat/RO. So much fun to clutch out of a scary situation with this.

I've only watched your match and against Jaxel's Xiba and I'm really impressed with your iFC3B whiff punishment.
You missed some punishers (e.g. on RE AK or 22AB), but I guess you know that. It's a good way to punish -14/15 moves with 6BaB from time to time, I've never thought of that before.

And like you mentioned: Spend more meter, the only meter-move I saw was one WS B BE. :)

And is there a special trick not to end up in BT when you JG Xibas 6BK? I'm always in BT after JG (which guarantees BT B+K), but I'm interested anyway.

And is there a special trick not to end up in BT when you JG Xibas 6BK? I'm always in BT after JG (which guarantees BT B+K), but I'm interested anyway.
You end up in BT if you JG from point blank, which is where you'll be most times in training. From further, you'll remain front-facing.

If you want to avoid being BT even at close range, tap forward before you JG, to re-align yourself.

I've only watched your match and against Jaxel's Xiba and I'm really impressed with your iFC3B whiff punishment.
You missed some punishers (e.g. on RE AK or 22AB), but I guess you know that. It's a good way to punish -14/15 moves with 6BaB from time to time, I've never thought of that before.

And like you mentioned: Spend more meter, the only meter-move I saw was one WS B BE. :)

Thanks. Actually, I forgot that 22AB was unsafe. I guess 6KK punishes that? No one ever uses it so it slipped my mind.
Wasn't reacting to REM K like normal either. I punished REM AK with AA instead of 6KK, but eh, it still worked.

Back