Leixia Videos & Discussion

Thanks, Kalas. I am actually not really experienced with SCV so your first tip will be helpful :). To be honest I learn from reading (and my own imagination) because I have very little time to play.

Some recent matches of my Leixia in Hamburg.

I missed a lot of punishers, but I got some new experiences. :)

Kalas, you can't let Omega spam NS A or DNS B on you. Punish them with 6KK. Don't get hit by 8B+K, this move is kinda ridiculous on block/hit, you need to react with 7B_K_A every time you see it. If you block 66B, don't try to side step (unless you anticipate a vertical) because you will get hit by NS A (or you can use step bG =P not sure if this one will ever get patched) a small backdash is a safer option.

I think it's not a bad matchup for Leixia. She has better damage output but she is unsafe, and her guard burst is the same as Leixia's or even weaker. Lei on the other hand is stupidly safe and you can use this to your advantage.

Yes, I know. With Leixia I'm quite lucky because she can punish NS A, NS B and DNS B quite consistently with 6KK except at tiprange. Against Omega my problem isn't that I don't know what to do, but my reaction time decreases to the level of a dead horse, because I'm so afraid to get hit, lol.
I played 2 FT10's against daGOTTh later (the recorded match was the first time at all) and lost both, 4:10 and 5:10 which is 'ok' for me considering the time I spent with the SC5. At least it wasn't total destruction, haha.

However, I disagree with you on the matchup aspect. For now I would say that it's in Omega's favour. Omega's guard burst game might be a little weaker than Leixia's (maybe), but when you get hit by NS A so often you're (or I) just too afraid to try to step 66B which breaks guard really fast.

And I don't use QS4G or a_b_KG, even if it's never patched.

Afraid to hit by what? ;) I had to change my mindset about this matchup. I think Omega is only a shadow of what Sophitia used to be. If you play safe she is only dangerous with her guard burst. 66B is annoying if you block it all the time, not only because it has very small frame disadvantage on block but also it doesn't have a lot of pushback so it leaves you at range for 66A or NSA if you try to step. So when you are at range, try to step to her left.

As for stepG, I understand where you are coming from, but if it doesn't get patched people will use it in the tournaments and you will be at disadvantage. I had a similar mindset in SC3 about VC, I wasn't going to abuse bugs but everyone else was using it and it was a horror for me (I GI something and Xianghua punishes me for that with AA) so eventually I had no choice.

Thanks for your input btw.
I'm still not quite sure what to think about that matchup. In theory it sounds alright, but the just-block-and-punish-NS A/NS B/DNS B-strategy won't win it imo. I guess I just need more experience against her to improve my reaction time.

...off-topic
As for the 'bugs'. I can't remember that we in Germany ever had a problem with VC in SC3. We said 'It's a bug, it's banned.' and that was it basically. We didn't have any problems with that at all at the very first EBO 2008. And just like VC (was it 22G?), QS4G or the cancels are not anything you can do by accident. If you did it, you wanted to do it.
I guess sooner or later we will discuss that on ger-calibur, but for now, I don't see why such a bug wouldn't get banned by the GODs. They have the last word after all. And if it gets allowed for international tournaments like WGC... well, I don't know whether it'd be worth going there.

With your Mitsurugi match up, you played a lot more risk and relied on a greater variety of move options than in your other videos. I like that, because you play your Leixia at a very basic, very safe level in your other videos and it works for you, but at some point players will get wise and try to overwhelm you with their offensive (ala Omega). It's okay to apply some of Leixia's more riskier options, even if they are interruptible.

With Mitsurugi, you didn't punish or even really use 6KK when you had the chance. I would chalk this up as unfamiliarity with the character. There are several areas where you can punish with 6KK or even apply 6KK as pressure when Mitsurugi attacks again while at a negative frame advantage. Look for those spots and try to get in there. While Mitsu can beat WS B BE, a number of his verticals can't hit it, so you might be able to use WS B BE a bit more judiciously than against other characters.

Also, try using 3B+K and WS K. You use 66BB often, but I think 66AA is a better option. Even on block, there's not much your opponent can do since its safe. And the TC at the end tends to ward them off from throws or highs, giving you some opportunities to block and punish certain attacks.

I guess you meant to say Leixia. Yo Dest, is this an HD stream archive? If so, I won't be able to watch it on my computer. Maybe you can upload the matches to youtube somehow?

I guess you meant to say Leixia. Yo Dest, is this an HD stream archive? If so, I won't be able to watch it on my computer. Maybe you can upload the matches to youtube somehow?

I had the wrong thing linked. It's a stream archive, but not HD. I can get it uploaded to YT. Just dunno how quality will turn out. Oh and yes, I meant Lei x_x

Edit:

Here it is on YT Zero -

So, I'm reposting this video from the Zwei matchup thread in here in hopes of getting some help. Apparently Leixia is one of his worst matchups, but my scrubbiness couldn't deal with him. I won one match out of about 7 or 8

Again, I can't really tell the difference between 1{B} and {B} and my Guard was getting crushed way too fast. No answers for his keepout right now.

Zwei can be really daunting if you don't know this character. Try playing him a few days to familiarize yourself with his move animations, especially 1(B) and 4(A).

Second hit of 1(B) is high so 3B should be guaranteed. 4(A) try to step, or maybe 1B+K/iWS B or B BE

My biggest problems in this matchup are moves like 66A+B, not only this gives him +15 on block, Ein cannot be stepped, but even if you JG Ein, Zwei is still at advantage. Not to mention it's 95dmg on NH and hits grounded.

Back