Lost Swords

Whoever is approving this must be horny as hell and has low taste in aesthetics.
Whoever is buying this must also be horny as hell and has low taste in aesthetics. Kappa and has too much money
Keep that hentai artist away from the future SCVI OH GAWD ;________________;
*PS, the helmet is totally fugly.

Whoever is approving this must be horny as hell and has low taste in aesthetics.
Whoever is buying this must also be horny as hell and has low taste in aesthetics. Kappa and has too much money
Keep that hentai artist away from the future SCVI OH GAWD ;________________;
*PS, the helmet is totally fugly.
Obviously it's Hoshino. Ever since he was put in charge the series has been using sex appeal to advertise like never before.

Ogure Ito is a hentai artist, and his Ashlotte is amazing. I like all of his costume designs for Tekken and SC too.
Ashlotte was amazing. Everything else ranged from meh to bleh. I'd pick someone else to design the future outfits rather than trust this dude quite honestly. His taste back in SCIV looks like it changed considerably, considering the current designs for Lost Swords.

Some of the previous SC character designs were really good though.
Here are some,imo:
ivy-sc2fix2.jpg
setSC3art1.jpg
Sophitia.gif
takSBEart1.jpg
tirSC3art1.jpg
1552-soul-calibur-4-maxi-wallpaper-1400x1600-customity.jpeg
HildeSC4.jpg
soulcaliburiv_character_cassandra_00 .jpg
IvyConcept02.jpg
Sc4-voldo.jpg
Soul_Calibur_New_Legends_Of_Project_Soul_061.JPG
Soul_Calibur_New_Legends_Of_Project_Soul_069.JPG
TalimSCIV.jpg
ashSC4art1.jpg

I have faith in SCVI character designs :P.

Those weren't designed by that hentai artist. All he did was design ashlotte =)
AND IT SHOULD STAY THAT WAY.
( ̄◇ ̄;)

We should all remember that Lost Swords is a spin-off free-to-play game, it's being used to draw new people to the series (obviously by using sex appeal) so I highly doubt anything like this will actually be in SCVI.

It's one thing to make a skimpy costume. It's one thing to make a costume that's hideous and devoid of any aesthetic quality.

But to do both in one? Unforgivable.

Though perhaps the same could be said of all the Lost Sword's guest designed costumes, which is precisely why I don't want any of those designers near SoulCalibur VI

It's one thing to make a skimpy costume. It's one thing to make a costume that's hideous and devoid of any aesthetic quality.

But to do both in one? Unforgivable.

Though perhaps the same could be said of all the Lost Sword's guest designed costumes, which is precisely why I don't want any of those designers near SoulCalibur VI
What kind of worries me as that he'll hire those artists to design the main costumes of SCVI.

Because "sex sells" is apparently Hoshino's motto in life. Since he doesn't seem to design the costumes himself, he'll get guests to do it.
You have to remember that Lost Swords is a free-to-play spin off.
They're trying their best to attract players by using the good old 'sex sells' card.
Because atm it's only somewhat popular in Japan.
I'm sure the SCVI character designs are going to be nowhere near the hideousness of LS's costumes.

You have to remember that Lost Swords is a free-to-play spin off.
They're trying their best to attract players by using the good old 'sex sells' card.
Because atm it's only somewhat popular in Japan.
I'm sure the SCVI character designs are going to be nowhere near the hideousness of LS's costumes.
I wouldn't be so sure, he's been doing it before LS. Remember this?
1412467_631246983585304_1565237807_o.jpg
Nothing is guaranteed, but LS is a good indication that Hoshino wants to turn this into DOA.

I wouldn't be so sure, he's been doing it before LS. Remember this?
1412467_631246983585304_1565237807_o.jpg
Nothing is guaranteed, but LS is a good indication that Hoshino wants to turn this into DOA.
Dude,that's Ivy lol.
She's the sex symbol of the soul series.

Look at the promotional posters of SCV:
l_4f226fd9c4e29.jpg

soul_calibur_v_breasts.jpg

Again,it's Ivy. :P

Dude,that's Ivy lol.
She's the sex symbol of the soul series.

Look at the promotional posters of SCV:
View attachment 43964
View attachment 43965
Again,it's Ivy. :P
Yeah, I know. But I don't trust Hoshino (though I still trust him more than Daishi, but that's not saying much), we have no proof that he is going to do the series justice, but we have proof that he's going to throw in a bunch of fanservice and make that the focus of the series. Just look at Mari Shimazaki's designs in SCV compared to LS, totally different directions.

I'll be the first to admit I have no problems with any of these "edgier" costumes and designs. They are guest contributions whether they take on a theme of "fan service" or parody so its not like any of this falls within "canon" of SC. And we're talking about Lost Swords here... As long as this isnt the only theme that'll drive the future of the series, I'm fine with that. Build a solid fighter first (and I mean Calibur and not try to be like "those other games") then they can glam it up to their hearts content with boobs, buns, bunnies, or fairy dust, I dont care. Besides, SC has a tradition of "sexi-ness" and "out of place" oddball additions, without it, it's one of those "damn if you do" "damn if you don't" situations...

What concerns me more, is pricing structure of content which I hope doesnt go the way of outrageous microtransactions. But getting back to this game, Lost Swords, I really do think it was an "experiment" in exploring a free2play model as put forth by others in earlier posts. Whether or not it "worked", who knows. It had a nice momentum at the beginning releasing some favorite characters we missed from earlier games missing in SC5 but judging from the ridiculous pricing schemes and arguably more bizzare content favoring "sex appeal", you can speculate maybe it didn't work they had hoped and are now just scrambling to collect on their investment. Or maybe it did? Who knows... The politics behind game development (and the entertainment business in general)....

Regardless, just relax and stop cursing Hoshino, Daishi, Sasaki, Okubo (God bless his soul) or Harada for what we got. I'm not too worried about the future of the series. This is one of Namco's flagship titles and I don't think they are simply going to drive this series into the ground and bail upon sinking. I'm sure you guys are just feeling the angst of waiting so long for another true Calibur game. Let's just hope they deliver in the next game.

Last edited:
Back