Main Character of SCVI?

pat's better anyway, his mom and aunt can stay dead for all anyone cares
50-cent-driving-gif.gif

As far as main characters goes, it has to be the following and why:

Mitsurugi (Because he's a mainstay)
Kilik (Protagonist of SC 1)
Xianghua (Protagonist of SC1 and true wielder of SC)
Sophitia (Because she needs to stop her kids from causing havoc)
Siegfried (Protagonist of SC3 and 4, second wielder of SC)
Cervantes (Antagonist, wielder of SE)
Nightmare (Antagonist of the entire series, second wielder of SC)
Zasalamel (He's too important and badass to be left out)
Talim (See Zasalamel)
Ivy (See Mitsurugi)
Taki (See Mitsurugi)
Hilde (her kingdom was attacked by Nightmare in SC4)
Tira (responsible for kidnapping Pyrrha)
Raphael (saved Sieg in SC2 only to become abnormal)

I know that's a lot of main characters to choose from but I would have to narrow it down to Kilik, Xianghua, Siegfried, Cervantes, Nightmare, Zasalamel, Ivy, Taki and Mitsurugi.

Last edited:
They even made Patroklos' edited profile one long gush about how awesome Sophitia is, while constantly berating Patroklos himself. All in all, Hoshino's treatment of Sophitia is in stark contrast to Daishi who tried to kill her off and get rid of her permanently, and would've otherwise said she's "too old".

Pfft, just checked it out and Pat's profile is just comedy gold.

It's also kinda funny how Sophitia somehow got known to be this awesome warrior when what she's actually done throughout the series that would make her famous is...

Edge: Destroy one of Cervantes blades, then had to be rescued by Taki, who actually was the one to actually defeat (the very weakened at that point)Cervantes.

I: ...Eh?

II: Eeeeeh?

III: ...Eeeeeeeh?

IV: Killed a lot of people in the service of Soul Edge.

Also, she was a holy warrior in the service of Hephaestus, when living in a land where most where either christian or now muslim. So... Pagan Warrior on top of all the rest!(I'm aware Sophitia is actually christian, but that's not what people would've seen then).

Sophitia should by all logic be a despised and hated (misunderstood) figure in Patroklos day.

Oh, and just to make things funnier: Cassandra was the only one who believed Sophitia's story of her adventures in Edge, meaning that to absolutely everyone else, she'd only be known for her actions in 4! So much for the great, known holy warrior!

Last edited:
welp you narrowed it down from 14 to 9... in a question asking for 1 individual character. Keep going!
It's a process of elimination you see. With Soul Calibur, it's hard to pick just one main protagonist. In SB it was Mitsurugi, in SC1-2 it was Kilik and Xianghua, in SC3-4 it was Siegfried, and in SC5 it was Patroklos. So it is kinda hard to choose who would be a viable protagonist for SCVI. More likely it would have to come down to either Mitsurugi, Siegfried, Kilik, or Xianghua, and here's why. Mitsurugi wants to beat Algol, Siegfried still has some feud with Nightmare, Kilik is trying to close the gates of Astral Chaos, and Xianghua because she was the first one to wield SC, but should also find Leixia, and not go the way of Sophitia. If that helps.

It's a process of elimination you see. With Soul Calibur, it's hard to pick just one main protagonist. In SB it was Mitsurugi, in SC1-2 it was Kilik and Xianghua, in SC3-4 it was Siegfried, and in SC5 it was Patroklos. So it is kinda hard to choose who would be a viable protagonist for SCVI. More likely it would have to come down to either Mitsurugi, Siegfried, Kilik, or Xianghua, and here's why. Mitsurugi wants to beat Algol, Siegfried still has some feud with Nightmare, Kilik is trying to close the gates of Astral Chaos, and Xianghua because she was the first one to wield SC, but should also find Leixia, and not go the way of Sophitia. If that helps.
What about taking into account that Sophitia seems to be Hoshino's favorite character? I think that might be a factor in deducing SCVI's possible main character.

Pfft, just checked it out and Pat's profile is just comedy gold.

It's also kinda funny how Sophitia somehow got known to be this awesome warrior when what she's actually done throughout the series that would make her famous is...

Edge: Destroy one of Cervantes blades, then had to be rescued by Taki, who actually was the one to actually defeat (the very weakened at that point)Cervantes.

I: ...Eh?

II: Eeeeeh?

III: ...Eeeeeeeh?

IV: Killed a lot of people in the service of Soul Edge.

Also, she was a holy warrior in the service of Hephaestus, when living in a land where most where either christian or now muslim. So... Pagan Warrior on top of all the rest!(I'm aware Sophitia is actually christian, but that's not what people would've seen then).

Sophitia should by all logic be a despised and hated (misunderstood) figure in Patroklos day.

Oh, and just to make things funnier: Cassandra was the only one who believed Sophitia's story of her adventures in Edge, meaning that to absolutely everyone else, she'd only be known for her actions in 4! So much for the great, known holy warrior!
But she's a sexually attractive MILF with big tits, so it's okay. PATTYCAKES IS A STOOPID DOUCHE HE SUCKS!!!!! 11!!! 11111

Mitsurugi Soul Edge protagonist??? What??? He did almost nothing story wise in the first entry. If anything, Li Long did more than him, battling Cervantes just before Sophitia arrived.

Anyone but Patroklos seems to be the case here (even though we all know he'd be the best). I vote Yoshimitsu then. At least he's funny.
Actually, he'd be the worst protagonist possible. Just like he was in SCV.

What about taking into account that Sophitia seems to be Hoshino's favorite character? I think that might be a factor in deducing SCVI's possible main character.
Well, with the Alexandras being up front and center in the story lately (Thanks SCV), and Sophita's recent appearances, I can see why she would be a top favorite to be the protagonist, but taking into what RWB said, Sophitia really didn't do much after destroying one of the blades when she fought Cervantes in SB, and in the rest of the series thereafter, she really didn't do much until SC4 when she had to be a servant to SE against her will. I don't know if she would be a protagonist, when she should could've turned into an antagonist, which would cause a lot of interest in her story, and how it would affect her family, especially Cassandra.

Eh, logically since this Hoshino fella likes Sophitia, it most likely will be her which I suppose I wouldn't mind. I like Sophitia. But if not her, I'm not sure. It'd probably be Patroklos but I'm sorry, I couldn't stand him in the story mode. His Sword/shield style is fun as hell to play but himself personality, just annoying. And yeah, I know he had a change of heart (in the most redundant way I've ever seen) but I just didn't like him all that much. Same with whine-tastic Pyrrha. I don't "hate" her per say. I mean, she's just a misguided girl but dealing with her whiny, "woe is me" attitude for so long is just painful. And don't get me started on their borderline incest like bonding that just made me feel uncomfortable. I just was not a big fan of SCV's story at all.

But yeah, if not Pat/Pyrrha, It'd probably be one of the other mainstays. B

Kilik was the main character of SC1 too, but I don't think that really solidifies anything. I think each character will have their own story in the next game.

I think this would be good. Kind of like what Mortal Kombat 9 did with involving most of the characters in chapters.

Cassandra or Pyrrha should be, or both.

If it was both Cassandra & Pyrrha, I'd pray that Cassandra toughens her up. I don't think I can deal with another story with Pyrrha whining half-way through the game.

I don't see any character in the existing roster with a whole lot of story left that hasn't already been hashed out, worn out, or criminally underdeveloped like most of the cast of SCV (Natsu, Viola, etc). I'd rather see a completely new character take center stage and move the story forward. I wouldn't mind seeing one of the younger characters (Yunsung, Talim, Natsu, etc.) except much older, or an immortal one from before (actual zombie Cervantes, vampire Amy, etc.) make an appearance, but either have thier own story or just a cameo.

Back