Mass Effect 3

Ghengis_John

[13] Hero
So Mass Effect 3 has been Delayed until 2012.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.281775-Reapers-Delay-Mass-Effect-3-Until-2012?page=1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOooookay.
I was initially disappointed but instead of remaining crestfallen I quickly consoled myself with the idea that this could mean a bigger, better and more complete game come mass effect 3. I guess I'm forced to wait a little while longer to find out if Miranda will be returning in Mass effect 3 but on the bright side, if you really really want something to make it into ME3 this gives you that much more time for death threats.

Just thought I'd pass along the news. Those of you expecting the world to end in 2012 should still have plenty of time to complete the saga before sealing yourselves away in your underground bunkers.

I hope they take away the conversation wheel, Im tired of my character telling people to fuck off when I just want to decline their offer, and unlike Fable 3 you HAVE to be 100% Good or 100% evil or your character sucks

So it being delayed until 2012 could be a good thing

As long as Skyrim dosnt get delayed, Im happy.

They need to buff the conversation wheel; I'm tired of my Shepherd just declining people when I want to bust their shit.

Yes!!! Is this really true? I even wouldn´t mind if it came out 2013!! ´cause this is ME3 we are talking about! 2011 is way to early!

ME3 needs to split up the wheel a bit:

Have a strong paragon/renegade convo option, where you enthusiastically offer to take stray bullets for them/tell them "NO!" and slap their shit;

and then have a light paragon/renegade option where you stand just on the other side of neutral, and you get 75% paragon/25%renagede (or vice versa). Or something.

at least, the delay means I have longer to enjoy Duke Nukem :)

ME3 needs to split up the wheel a bit:

Have a strong paragon/renegade convo option, where you enthusiastically offer to take stray bullets for them/tell them "NO!" and slap their shit;

and then have a light paragon/renegade option where you stand just on the other side of neutral, and you get 75% paragon/25%renagede (or vice versa). Or something.

at least, the delay means I have longer to enjoy Duke Nukem :)

I just want to see an awesome ending with either a suicide mission or Shepard sacrificing his own life for the others. ;)

I definitely can't wait for this game to be released. I'm getting it the day after it comes out.^_^

I did not like ME1 at all. It followed all the failures and tropes of a bad sci-fi universe. Therefore I did not play ME2... and will not play ME3.

Missing out Jaxel. ME2 has replaced Chrono Trigger as my favorite game of all time. Looking forward to the 3rd but i just hope they don't screw it up.

I did not like ME1 at all. It followed all the failures and tropes of a bad sci-fi universe. Therefore I did not play ME2... and will not play ME3.
Man do I agree with you about ME1, what an atrociously boring and ugly game. But ME2 is completely different, impressively streamlined, and excellently written. It also has probably one of the greatest final closing "missions" I have seen in a game in ages. If only they could have taken the brilliance of that mission and stretched it throughout the majority of the game, it would have been perfection.

Either way, ME1 is worth suffering through to get to ME2. ME3 better live up to ME2's brilliance though.

I've played both, and what ruined ME for me was the controls and junk on the PC version. But when I played ME2, so much smoother.
Thought it did annoy me that saying "No." would sometimes mean punch them in the balls and shoot their mom, while "helping" would be like "Bam! I shot your mom's balls!"
Yea, please have the action actually be what the wheel said. u.u

Man do I agree with you about ME1, what an atrociously boring and ugly game. But ME2 is completely different, impressively streamlined, and excellently written. It also has probably one of the greatest final closing "missions" I have seen in a game in ages. If only they could have taken the brilliance of that mission and stretched it throughout the majority of the game, it would have been perfection.

Either way, ME1 is worth suffering through to get to ME2. ME3 better live up to ME2's brilliance though.

I agree. The final mission was easily one of the most epic moments in games and movies for me. I just wish characters would be included more outside their recruitment and loyalty missions.

I agree. The final mission was easily one of the most epic moments in games and movies for me. I just wish characters would be included more outside their recruitment and loyalty missions.
Just the way your decisions up until that point affected every character, and then FURTHER decisions allowed you to completely control the outcome of the event was so spectacular to me. That is what a dynamic game should be. The biggest hinderance to me would be...

SPOILER

When you were penalized for doing side missions between the second-to-last and the last mission. Why even give me the break? I know it makes obvious sense in what the eventual outcome is, but all it did in the end was mess with age-old RPG conventions in allowing you to gallivant off before finishing.

Back