Mitsurugi General Discussion and Q&A

The Hell's FMD? Forward Mist Dash? EDIT: Oh right Full moon death

Now kB I cant find a single use for.

The Hell's FMD? Forward Mist Dash? EDIT: Oh right Full moon death

Now kB I cant find a single use for.
kB is the longest range move for its range. So really need that extra range to catch that backstep... that's only use I can think of.

I think 11BA is awful and should never be used unless your opponents eat the second hit on CH for whatever reason. Other than that, it's really hard to make a bad decision with Mitsu.

how do you do dash CE after CH B+K?
CH66A 6B2 seems impossibly strict, it seems if I miss that 1 frame, it's gone.
not sure if old, CH B6 1A can't hit left techers, or is this character dependent?

also, I seem to be really good at hitting that 6B:2 even when it's not buffered... I waited till my guy to return to idle, yet I still did that 6B:2... damn it, I was doing as slow as I could.

I always do my dash CE's by just inputting the second 236 slow. Gives Mitsu some time to do the little crouchdash.

And yeah 6b2 can be a bitch at first. Just keep training to do it slow. It's one of those things that once you get it you wont mess it up ever again.

Think of the difference between 6B:2 and 6B2 this way:

6B:2 requires you to keep your thumb on the D-Pad/Stick after doing 6B and immediately sliding down to 2. You do it all in one motion without letting go.

6B2 requires you to let go of the D-Pad/Stick for a millisecond, then sharply pressing down. You let it briefly return to neutral before inputting 2.

That's my way of making sure they come out right without error. If it helps, trying saying "One" out loud the instant you input 6B, then press down. Get into the groove of it and you should start to understand the timing.

I think 11BA is awful and should never be used unless your opponents eat the second hit on CH for whatever reason. Other than that, it's really hard to make a bad decision with Mitsu.
11/77BA is a NH combo string, safe on block (-9) and can lead into Mist. How is that considered awful?

'Ey, Tofma.

True. If they're used to the move or they see you spammin' it, the A's gonna get ducked. I can see it as a once-in-a-while poke, though. Something to use against people who press buttons, too, since A on CH leads to solid damage.

I was wondering if anyone has had success in using Obedience when playing Mitsu. What are some of your mix ups, advantages, maybe even character specific guarantee hits? Do you use it to counter heavy back steppers or whiff punish. Not alot of good players use this move, but there has got to be some good uses. Help me out before I go to the Lab. Thank You

kB slide=Obedience

Alirugi

kB seems best used as a whiff punish. It could be a risky way of catching backstep, but B6 seems to be his best tool for that.

kB was better in SC4, but now it sucks ass. I wouldn't mind getting the combo-ability, speed, and damage buffs in kB, while nerfing 4B

Alright, added some notes to the wiki. If there's anything wrong, please tell me so I can fix it.

EDIT: Okay, I've run into a conundrum. I'm testing the duration of the stun for Mitsu's 3A on counter hit. After CH 3A, the stunned opponent's BB (i15) beats 44A clean. However, 2B (i16) loses cleanly to 44A. Theoretically, there should be a clash at i16 and a counterhit at i17.

Hey guys! Am new here and I was wondering...
What would be the best way to start off a match with Mitsurugi?

I have been having serious problems with closing distance on players that love to whiff punish. aka nightmare, hilde, astr, ect. I have been using 4A to bait, but still doesnt close distance. Any help would be appreciated. Nightmare is killing me with spacing. If I play conservative and block my way inside, my guard breaks.Then if I get to aggressive, I get whiffed punished to death.

Back