Mitsurugi General Discussion and Q&A

2B+K B not 2B+K BE

You know, his unblockable move

Yeah, I just realised my mistake when I went into practice...
Also, is there a trick to getting the last 1B to connect? Can't seem to get it to hit

Thanks again

Yeah, I just realised my mistake when I went into practice...
Also, is there a trick to getting the last 1B to connect? Can't seem to get it to hit

Dunno, it might be character dependent, I was training on Viola though and it worked and she's the smallest.

The only way I've been able to land FMD is by getting a CH FC 1BB, then do FMD (but there's a couple of ways to not get killed) and once it hits I simply do CE x2 if I need to seal a round.

The most damaging Mitsu combo I know of is 1AB → 236(B) → CE x2 → 99BB. The last two hits only connect if the opponent was slammed down near a wall by the second CE.

Hmms...FMD isn't very practical to land in battles. Not to mention the extravagant use of 2 meter...lol

Yeah, but was looking for damage not match practicality. We play 5round battles with my friends so 2 meter is not that hard to get

The only way I've been able to land FMD is by getting a CH FC 1BB, then do FMD (but there's a couple of ways to not get killed) and once it hits I simply do CE x2 if I need to seal a round.

This one requires CH. Not what I'm looking for...

The most damaging Mitsu combo I know of is 1AB → 236(B) → CE x2 → 99BB. The last two hits only connect if the opponent was slammed down near a wall by the second CE.

I was asking about combo without wall hits or counter

Thank you all for the feedback though. Much appreciated

I thought CH FC 1BB was instakill in this game anyway, lol.

@Psypher
No wallsplat needed.

Is there annnything useful from Mitsu from FC? Is 1BB, depedming on counter hit, the best thing to use? I find my self there quite a lot due to my use of 2A

WS K is very quick and useful to get back to mid range. But I also like 2A, then 4 A~mist or back dash whiff punish.

Quick question to fellow Mitsu players out there: what is your preferred method of catching opponents out of step? My go-to moves have been 4A (mixing in the MST follow-up) and 22A, which is slower but can be useful. The problem I've been having is in matchups where the opponent has a good TC move they can throw out of 8WR and go under my 4A, and I feel like more often than not in these circumstances 22A and 44A get interrupted before they land.

Specific characters whose TCs can give me problems: Pyrrha, Leixia, Maxi, Natsu, Raphael, Viola, Voldo, Xiba. If you have any specific advice on what you do vs. TC step moves in these specific matchups it would be greatly appreciated as well :)

Yeah, the top 10 list suggests 4A (already use a lot), 6A (which, I'll admit, I haven't used much), 66A (has the same problem as 4A, where it doesn't catch TCs), 44A+B (I also haven't tried it, but I'm pretty sure it's the same as 44A).

I've been trying out using 2A in close range, and that's been doing ok because it eats TCs, but I need an option at longer range. I think I'm gonna try using more 6A just because it's very fast and might beat out the TC frames on certain moves, and try using more 44A to suppliment 22A, because the former is a hair faster and will probably get interrupted less.

EDIT: I completely forgot about bA. What's the general opinion of this move vs TCs out of 8WR? I'm pretty sure it doesn't go into the AT on a run counter, but I'll have to play with this in the lab tomorrow.

You have to use bA to discourage them from using tech crouch sidestep moves. But don't over use cuz when blocked or whiffed it is completely unsafe. But you hit them with it a couple times and then they block it and punish you with it. They will rather wait to block it again. So then go back to using 4A mist mix up. Cuz that is so much safer.

Thanks for the quick replies, guys. I'll definitely be working on my step-killing game tomorrow, you can be sure :)

Back