MMO Suggestions?

MMO's that actually fun.

The Old Republic - it's MMO Mass Effect with Star Wars trimming. Promises a fantastic narrative gameplay.

Blade and Soul - Yes it's Korean but damn if this shit isn't pretty, also bodies actually move when you hit someone doing away with one of my biggest MMO peeves of PVP looking like two trees swinging at each other. Physics, real games use them, why not MMO's?

Dragon Nest - MMO Action RPG, you take one scores of enemies at once, there's juggles and terrain placement it seems. Co-operative air juggles is how you net the best damage it looks.

Seriously more evolution plz.

a few of the mmo's I am playing atm include Aion, Star Trek Online and Last Chaos. Oh and PSO BB which isn't an MMO but who cares.

Lol all this has done is broaden my options lol.

I may get into one now and just decide later. I own guildwars and AoC (though no longer paying subscription)

How about Evony? I've heard it's the bomb. Naked chicks, bra chicks etc. As a bonus, they all call you "my lord!"

I don't know how much you are into old school hack/beat-em-ups. But if you are, you might want to check out Dungeon Fighter Online. Its a free-to-play game that's actually free-to-play.

The only things you'll really feel like you have to spending money on would be Safe Upgrades [doubles the amount of slots your Safe holds, as well as getting rid of the weight limit], Lethe's River Water [to reset your Skill Points], or Golden Candles [to re-seal Armor Sets, Rare, and Unique armor and weapons, so you can sell them. Epics cannot be sold/traded. Period.], or Life Tokens [Revives your character when you die in a dungeon. You start out with 5 of these, and you got more when the guild your in levels up].

And even then, those items are easily made null and void by turning characters with bad builds into mules until the next update that gives away Lethe's Bells (same as River Water), and use the Auction House to sell crap you don't want [though you'll need a trading license to sell avatars]. Unlike most F2P games, the stuff you buy doesn't break the game.

One nifty little thing is an FP bar. For every room you enter in a dungeon, you lose one FP point [156 total. Why 156? No one knows.] When you reach 0 FP, you are unable to go back to any dungeons after you die/kill the boss until the bar resets. It's pretty neat because it keeps the game from becoming too old, too fast. The other neat thing is that each character you make has their own bar. So if you have two characters, you can switch to the other if you run out on one person.

All 'n all, DFO is pretty nice and it does it's job of keeping thing in shape [for the most part.] You will run into a couple of gold-selling botspammers, some gold-buyers, some elitist pricks, and some whining scrubs. But hey, what's an MMO without them?

Though if you do plan on playing DFO, please use this forum because Nexon forums is utter shit. Here's also a [somewhat outdated, but still useful as a starting point] wiki and an up-to-date Skill Planner to get you started if you so decide to play.

lol wow, holy zombie threads batman!

Yeah, Guildwars2 is just around the corner and I've kinda dedicated my mmo loyalty to it. Built a badass gaming computer just for it. I might do Diablo 3, but ill be demoing it before I buy; I've felt MMOs vastly needed an evolutionary phase not just polishing the existing elements and I fear it may just be the same stuff done better...but I could be completely wrong as some people have mentioned. So we'll see. I may do both.

I'll take a look at your free-to-play thing but I think MvC3 will keep me distracted long enough till GW2 hits and I start playing MMOs again. Thanks tho.

I've never played a bad Bioware game. Fuck it I've never played a non-GREAT Bioware game. I'm seriously hyped for their next game Star Wars: The Old Republic. I'm not a fan of Star Wars but Bioware is a consistently great developer. They've been preparing for this game for a long time, with full-time writers working on scripts since 2006. I know they're not going to screw up the story department, I just wonder how the gameplay will turn out.

Anyways I'm looking forward to their first venture into the MMO-genre. They're releasing it sometime before Q4 2011 I believe.

I've never played a bad Bioware game. Fuck it I've never played a non-GREAT Bioware game. I'm seriously hyped for their next game Star Wars: The Old Republic. I'm not a fan of Star Wars but Bioware is a consistently great developer. They've been preparing for this game for a long time, with full-time writers working on scripts since 2006. I know they're not going to screw up the story department, I just wonder how the gameplay will turn out.

Anyways I'm looking forward to their first venture into the MMO-genre. They're releasing it sometime before Q4 2011 I believe.

*High five if you've got a Commander Shepard with all survivors waiting to hit Mass Effect Three like an Olympic sprinter on the starting blocks*

There's also this Korean MMO in development called Blade & Soul. It's shaping up to be the most physical ones out there, with combat that rivals fighting games! Oh, and the game looks fuckballs incredible AMAZING!!

That's all I know.

I'm surprised Ou didn't mention Granado Espada.

Grinding in GE:
1. Find a good spot
2. Press the spacebar
3. Go to sleep

Back