Mortal Kombat (2011)

I actually hope the 360 version doesn't get a guest character, and that Kratos is just bonus content for the PS3.

I plan on getting the 360 version, and I'm hoping that this game will be deep enough and balanced enough to have tournaments for, and if it is, then Kratos and other exclusive characters will be banned. With that said, the PS3 version will be riddled with Kratos players online, and as cool as Kratos is, I'd rather be practicing against tourney legal characters if I play online, not hundreds of Kratos players.

But if I haad to choose which character would be the 360 exclusive, I'd have to go with Spawn.

Prolly won't end up "competitive", given that the only game that really was (UMK3) ended that way as a complete accident, and not at all due to Boon's capabilities as a game designer. Given how bad every MK has been since then, he's obviously learned nothing from that game. Personally this reeks of fan wanking over anything else.

Prolly won't end up "competitive", given that the only game that really was (UMK3) ended that way as a complete accident, and not at all due to Boon's capabilities as a game designer. Given how bad every MK has been since then, he's obviously learned nothing from that game. Personally this reeks of fan wanking over anything else.

everything MK4 up was so broken. I blame the 3d and stage fatals. But im sure that this will be competitive, I cant see a reason on why it couldnt be. All you need is to make sure there are no infinites and that gimmicks dont rule the game. Even if it is just a huge fan service, it could still be competitive...also updated the first page.

I actually hope the 360 version doesn't get a guest character, and that Kratos is just bonus content for the PS3.

I plan on getting the 360 version, and I'm hoping that this game will be deep enough and balanced enough to have tournaments for, and if it is, then Kratos and other exclusive characters will be banned. With that said, the PS3 version will be riddled with Kratos players online, and as cool as Kratos is, I'd rather be practicing against tourney legal characters if I play online, not hundreds of Kratos players.

But if I haad to choose which character would be the 360 exclusive, I'd have to go with Spawn.

Bad news, Cliffy B and Boon are talking about adding a Gears of War character to MK for 360. I heard on the pipe its Clayton Carmine.

I cant see a reason on why it couldnt be.
Ed Boon is that reason. Like I said earlier (And prolly a million times in other conversations), he's terrible when it comes to gameplay, and UMK3's quality as a competitive game only came as a complete accident. It'd be great if he actually learned from what made that game good, but given his track record I find that highly unlikely. Also infinites in and of themselves don't necessarily break a game.

Kollector's and Tournement Edition's announced for PS3 and 360. The DLC content is the same (With Gamestop anyway. :p); however, Kollector's Edition comes with 2 toys and an artbook and the Tournement Edition comes with an Arcade stick. The Arcade stick comes with easy access so you can modify it with custom parts. :D I'm actually leaning towards the Tournement Edition. If i get the ones with the figures, it's just gonna rot and not be opened. :p

Kollector's Editon:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=89093

PS3
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=89094

Tournement Edition:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=89092

PS3
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=89095

Did anyone play Armageddon? I loved that game so much. I know it doesn't compare to MK1 or the other classics but I loved that game.

Deception was the better of the 3 3D games, imo. But unfortunately Dullys right. As much as WB wants to put this out there for the hardcore competitive fans, and have it be at Evo. It doesn't look like it its gonna happen. He never learns and he jus sits there and puts the dumbest shit in his games instead of actually balancing it. Let's see what ends up happening and how everyone takes it. It might jus end up being like SC. Good game wit a small scene.

PS - And heres hoping Kitana is top tier =)

Did anyone play Armageddon? I loved that game so much. I know it doesn't compare to MK1 or the other classics but I loved that game.

I did. It was my first online fighter, i was in a clan and everything. AFH for life!!! lol

Wasn't there a character named noob saibot or something like that in one those MK games? He was just a ninja that was all black with no real features. I want him in this game

Yep im not sure about the other games but he was definately in MK: Armaggedon, he wasn't half bad either.

SupHy thats sick man you probably would distroy me, I never played armageddon online, but I did a play a ton of it offline maining offcourse probably one of my favorite characters in all video games: Subzero. If I ever get my ps2 back I would love to get some matches in with ya.

noob saibot's been in a few of them (usually has a hidden character) since UMK3. his name is derived from the creators' names (Ed Boon and John Tobias) :P

SupHy thats sick man you probably would distroy me, I never played armageddon online, but I did a play a ton of it offline maining offcourse probably one of my favorite characters in all video games: Subzero. If I ever get my ps2 back I would love to get some matches in with ya.

Word bro, imma hav to go pick the game back up lol
but i would gladly BREAK UR BACK WITH DARRIUS

also noob is one of my favs. I hope they dont put him in here as just an all black ninja...that would be boring.

So, have we all seen the arcade stick that comes with the Tournament edition? Silliest button layout ever!

So there three versions coming out: Standard, Special and Tournament edition. Since that button layout is the silliest thing I have ever seen, I think I will reserve the special edition.

I know this has been discussed already, but if there's a "Tournament" edition coming out, do...es this mean the game will actually be solid and balanced? Here's hoping! ^.^V

Capcom is making these ppl look like complete shit now. They had way more goin on 3 months before the release of MvC3 and look at WB. Still nothing. No new character announcements, no fatalities, no news. Just stupid leaks. Dissapointing. Hopefully Namco takes the Capcom route for SC5.

i noticed the release date of the MK Collection is April 1st...if this is an april fools joke of sorts that would be brutal

I have been playing MK since MK1 so i was really excited to hear about this game. I kept following it so now that i know melienna and shao kahn are in the game there going to be my mains for sure. Im going to grab the tournament edtion of this game as well.

Back