Most Esteemed One-Shot Contest Thread.

We forgot to vote :( (unless we go by number of likes now?)

Anyway, if there's still time, I'll vote for The_Weasel's Fabrizio. He's really cool. Lots of nice little touches.

Ah Yeah! Taking the win by being the lone vote that was cast! Kappa

Well, not really. Honestly, I'm surprised there were so few entrants or such little fanfare for this competition... I guess that SCV's Pretty Doll Dress-Up CaS Mode is losing interest amongst the forum goers due to the fact that there aren't any new CaS pieces to play with?

I'dunno, I abstain from voting anyways.

Ah Yeah! Taking the win by being the lone vote that was cast! Kappa

Well, not really. Honestly, I'm surprised there were so few entrants or such little fanfare for this competition... I guess that SCV's Pretty Doll Dress-Up CaS Mode is losing interest amongst the forum goers due to the fact that there aren't any new CaS pieces to play with?

I'dunno, I abstain from voting anyways.

It's really up to who wants this CAS forum to survive. I would contribute in a heartbeat many things, but not when life demands my time. Stuff like job, college, etc, really wear me out to the point of exhaustion. However, that will mean I'll have plenty of time later to do CAS stuff.

Take it from me, CAS stuff only dies if you let it. Are you gonna let it, fellow comrade?

Edit: FreeMeal has my vote.

It's really up to who wants this CAS forum to survive. I would contribute in a heartbeat many things, but not when life demands my time. Stuff like job, college, etc, really wear me out to the point of exhaustion. However, that will mean I'll have plenty of time later to do CAS stuff.

Take it from me, CAS stuff only dies if you let it. Are you gonna let it, fellow comrade?

Edit: FreeMeal has my vote.

Of coure not! I may be going away for a bit, but I still want to create and share my CaS... Besides that, I STILL havem't had the chance to download every piece of equipment the game has to offer (IE I still can play and discover how to best use "New" CaS parts when the time comes).

And yeah, FreeMeal's got this in the bag.

Great work, Weasel! You've got my vote. FreeMeal's highwayman was wonderful too, but I don't really think he fit the "modern" requirement for the challenge.

On another note, this round's low turnout is NOT due to lack of enthusiasm in the CaS community. It was a result of the abstract and impractical rules. IOW the rules were just too damn hard to work with. Just ask yourself, "how do I turn something modern into something distinctly medieval?" The answer in most cases is armor. Making modern CaS is hard enough, but requiring a medieval reinterpretation while banning armor makes this contest nearly impossible. Besides, I, personally, would have loved to see a cheerleader knight (hmm...I'm adding this to my list.) It's just easier for people to jump in you give them some kind of strong image to work from like Gatsu's Street fighter contest and my knight contest. It also helps to leave plenty of room for creativity by keeping rules simple and intuitive.

Here's some traditional ideas for challenges:
-character profile CaS (like in the forum's first CaS challenges)
-trope CaS (knights, magical girls, etc.)
-theme CaS (futuristic, gothic, forest, underwater, etc.)
-ethnic CaS (Japanese, Egyptian, British, etc.)

Here's some weirder ideas that I pulled outta my ass:
-strange gadget CaS (use all three ExEq slots to make side weapons, random tools, or even musical instruments)
-troll CaS (CaS designed to make people laugh....or really piss them off)
-naked CaS (only use stickers or ExEq to dress your CaS....maybe permit one or two pieces of armor.)
-uber manly CaS (just make the manliest CaS you could possibly imagine)
-uber kawaii CaS (like above)

I was supposed to answer the questions and clarify things, but I guess I couldn't due to algebra taking my time. Otherwise, I probably would of done a similar approach like Gatsu....except take Tekken characters and make them medieval. Apologies.

I don't know, but I'd like to see some Tekken Medieval designs. It was my back up idea, but I tried something different. However, whoever won last time can start it their theme and I'll watch.

It really is, but chances are if this idea does initiate into creations, I fear Namco may need to take notes from us. Regardless, I await what people want to do. Let the previous winner decide or start anew in this thread.

If he comes back, he can run the next one. I suggest we move forward 'cuz Medieval Tekken sounds awesome.

I'm all for Soulcalibur-ized Tekken Characters myself, though I think the winner would probably have to somehow NOT use the Tekken CaS DLC/Use it in a VERY unique way...

Either way, I'm in.

Back