Doh!

25r37l2.jpg

:D

Here's RPG me:
EDIT: teh pantsu
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_32.png.jpg

Viola's style with a sidearm fits me the best. I reason emotionally, and I feel rationally. Logic and passion. Might and magic. At least that's how I envision myself in an RPG. I don't like how Viola style makes me shake my hips like a maniac, so I'm keeping NM-style in battle lol. Thus I settled on a Final Fantasy Red Mage inspired outfit. Red was too flamboyant though, so I dropped it for brown. Brown mage, maybe? I also like to dress in pseudo punkish military, so here I am! Oh and that knife's supposed to be a chainsaw knife or something like that (made of helmet ornament, crescent moon, and bolt).

Submission period is over, and voting has begun.

Last edited:
Balls. I missed this one.

I've never been a fan of making self-insert characters anyway as I'm too generic to be a spectacular CaS, haha. Though now I'm starting to wish I tried, since I'm always kinda biased towards the rogue/assassin classes in RPGs, so I coulda created something along those lines. Ah well...

My vote goes to @Ramus' second entry. It's a very unique take on the day vs night theme. I love the way you've combined these contrasting ideas into one character and done so very naturally. And he seems to capture your personality pretty well.

Brucege was a close runner-up. A really well made, convincing character who would fit into an RPG perfectly. I only wish the lower half of his body were as well decorated as the top half, but this isn't really your fault since the legs/feet equipment can be kinda restrictive. It's a problem I have with most of the CaS I make.

Also, I'm really curious as to what Onyyx looks like now.

Balls. I missed this one.

I've never been a fan of making self-insert characters anyway as I'm too generic to be a spectacular CaS, haha. Though now I'm starting to wish I tried, since I'm always kinda biased towards the rogue/assassin classes in RPGs, so I coulda created something along those lines. Ah well...

My vote goes to @Ramus' second entry. It's a very unique take on the day vs night theme. I love the way you've combined these contrasting ideas into one character and done so very naturally. And he seems to capture your personality pretty well.

Brucege was a close runner-up. A really well made, convincing character who would fit into an RPG perfectly. I only wish the lower half of his body were as well decorated as the top half, but this isn't really your fault since the legs/feet equipment can be kinda restrictive. It's a problem I have with most of the CaS I make.

Also, I'm really curious as to what Onyyx looks like now.
@HolyCarp: Thx man, I never woulda noticed without you. Detail added to pants.
@Le_Bello & @AustinTheGuy: what about your secondary votes lol

Ramus 1: Nice layering with the pocket stickers for the vest. Cool rose yin yang decoration too. Love the aristocratic feel too. The trenchcoat's a bit too bulky for me though. Except for that, this totally fits you. You'd probably be Elf Bard in an RPG.

Austin1: My vote for first. The leather + metal vintage look is perfect for this man among men. The slightly awkward helmet and visor completes the whole gentle giant kinda image. Great use of the zipper sticker for armor effect too. Definitely see you as a tank chara.

Onyxx: Interesting choice of clothing. Charging into battle with zero armor. I respect you for that. I'll back you up with some debuffs, but I'll leave someone else to phoenix down your ass when you go down. Savin' ma golds for some sweet gear. Lovely green and purple color scheme. I'd tone down the patterns a bit though.

Gatsu: lol HAX

Austin2: Interesting idea with the helmet. I think the horns should be drawn back a bit and the helmet ornament realigned though. Reminds me of Demon's Souls' Yurt.

Ramus2: Cool idea, balancing the day and night. I think you'd look better with some patterns though. It's certainly very playful. I can imagine your prancing around like a fairy in battle lol.

FreeMeal: Enigmatic, to be sure. The question mark and 'stache combo's pretty sick. Can't really figure out the sticker work on the chest though. Mouth to soup? Hmm...

Vilarcane: You already know how much I love these. I favor new creations for contests though.

If I have to pick only one then I guess my vote is going to go to...
VILARCANE for his wizard version. I loved the patterns and look you gave yourself, It gave me a "I'm the wisest here, you'd be a fool not to bring me along" kind of feel.

Gatsu was runner up because the Photoshop was too real lol, and Imperial look is never bad.

Everyone was first though in my book...
Thank YOU, your THE guy :)
I vote for you too...

Hmm, I want to vote for @brucege , I disagree in his shoulder and belt choices, but the rest is pretty much spot on, the jacket buttons thingy is pretty cool too.

@AustinTheGuy first entry is pretty nice, the sticker work is impeccable, and the helmet in both is the cherry on the cake.

Hmm, I want to vote for @brucege , I disagree in his shoulder and belt choices, but the rest is pretty much spot on, the jacket buttons thingy is pretty cool too.

@AustinTheGuy first entry is pretty nice, the sticker work is impeccable, and the helmet in both is the cherry on the cake.
I'll count that as a primary vote for Austin1 and secondary for me, I think? Interesting comments about the shoulder armor and belt. They do look kinda random, now that I think about it. I thought they gave the design a somewhat tribal/ancient angle (in contrast to the rest of the design's pirate/rogue look), but I might swap them out for more consistency. Any suggestions?

No the vote goes to you truly, haha, sorry if I was not really clear. (Sorry everyone else, the jacket just...just oh so neat.)

I would change the belt to the belt that is orange in default and the shoulder for those that have golden metal and red tassels can't remember the names :P

I love self-insert characters, so I really, really, really wanted to participate in this contest. I had three ideas lined up:
1) who I want to be in an RPG setting
2) who I want to be in real life, with a touch of RPG/Soul/fantasy/video games
3) who I actually am in an RPG setting

Unfortunately, the timing couldn't be much worse. As I write this, I am almost halfway around the world from my PS3 taking steps to make the real life counterpart of entry idea 2 an actual thing. Entry idea 1 was the first thing I made in SCV CaS, but I didn't want to submit the same old thing I've been showing without having something new to go along with it.

@brucege stomps the competition here. It's just the most complete design this round. The jacket is detailed very well and the earthtone color scheme really holds the entire design together. Bonus points for the dagger sidearm.

Honorable mention goes to @AustinTheGuy. Would've liked to see more color.

Yes, I do believe so. I'll have another challenge up shortly, and it'll be a really fun, easy one. Just let a man finish his whiskey in peace Kappa

Last edited:
Back