My CAS Gallery- over 50 characters and growing

Updated OC, Dharrion:
Dharrion.jpg

Egyptian Algol edit:
Algol_egypt.jpg

Inspired by Vil's Vespula and Le Bello's Mantis. I give you... the Scorpion! There's a lot more details I could have shown, but kinda losing motivation to take/upload pics...
Scorpion.jpg

Iron Giant Astaroth
Iron_Asta.jpg

Heather Mason (Silent Hill 3)
Heather.jpg

Kinda thinking about quitting this thread, only like 3 or 4 people ever look/say anything :(

I do always comment on your stuff, and this is seriously whacky stuff my friend. your Algol and Scorpion, lol
Try to tone colours done a bit, i am repeating myself i know ;o)

noticed you used the pattern on the helmet like on my dead space guy ;o)

I love wacky and creepy, well done !

LOL the giant astaroth has an antenna XD like those old antenna on cars and radio tape recorders LOL
I like that you found a good use for that weird helmet with Algol... but... I'm sure that egyptian one that comes with the game, not dlc, would be better..... forgot the name of it =p

LOL the giant astaroth has an antenna XD like those old antenna on cars and radio tape recorders LOL
I like that you found a good use for that weird helmet with Algol... but... I'm sure that egyptian one that comes with the game, not dlc, would be better..... forgot the name of it =p
But everyone uses that helmet, I specifically wanted to use that Astaroth helmet because I learned it clips in really interesting ways with face equipment :P

Kinda thinking about quitting this thread, only like 3 or 4 people ever look/say anything :(

Keep on sharing. Why stop? Sure certain peeps haven't looked at certain threads due to others stealing the spotlight, but that's when you gotta keep trying to wow them. Imho, you're doing great so far. In fact, I'm envious of you and many others.

Unlike you, my thread of fashion is not really looked upon as much as say yours, Vilarcane, and others. Sure it got something, but not everyone is into simple average stuff I make or so. And Pocky Yoshi actually went out of his way to comment on others work and this is how he gets treated? *pouts and cries in sadness*

It's probably because it's not as organized as others or I'm scaring them away with text with CAS or maybe I need to follow the trend more is better? Oh well. Beside the point, peeps do look at your customs. 7000 views in your thread. 1000 views on mine. Who do you think is really being ignored due to the better quality CAS? You obviously.

Other poor unlucky peeps on the CAS forum aside from mine barely receive attention because peeps have high standards and prefer gorgeous CAS, Accurate recreations of say cloud or so, and so on. My only retaliation is some odd quirky humor while playing with fashion or critiquing it. Alas, I often wonder if I even made something on your level and everyone elses. But once I find a new way to upload pics, I'm gonna try even harder to get peeps to notice me. Pardon the offtopic post.

Keep on sharing. Why stop? Sure certain peeps haven't looked at certain threads due to others stealing the spotlight, but that's when you gotta keep trying to wow them. Imho, you're doing great so far. In fact, I'm envious of you and many others.

Unlike you, my thread of fashion is not really looked upon as much as say yours, Vilarcane, and others. Sure it got something, but not everyone is into simple average stuff I make or so. And Pocky Yoshi actually went out of his way to comment on others work and this is how he gets treated? *pouts and cries in sadness*

It's probably because it's not as organized as others or I'm scaring them away with text with CAS or maybe I need to follow the trend more is better? Oh well. Beside the point, peeps do look at your customs. 7000 views in your thread. 1000 views on mine. Who do you think is really being ignored due to the better quality CAS? You obviously.

Other poor unlucky peeps on the CAS forum aside from mine barely receive attention because peeps have high standards and prefer gorgeous CAS, Accurate recreations of say cloud or so, and so on. My only retaliation is some odd quirky humor while playing with fashion or critiquing it. Alas, I often wonder if I even made something on your level and everyone elses. But once I find a new way to upload pics, I'm gonna try even harder to get peeps to notice me. Pardon the offtopic post.

Ah, thank you for the words of wisdom, Pocky Yoshi :)
Your thread is also a much more recent creation date--don't fret! I used to look at threads made in Feb thinking "man, they have tons of views" but tried not to dwell on it since I made mine a whole month later. And, there has been a recent influx of very active new creators, so the first page is getting very full very quickly as time goes on. Everyone loves PY's friendly comments!

I know there's a lot of views here, though I rarely get comments aside from Vil, yourself, Left4Dead, and 1 or 2 random others. The fact that 8WR prefers original designs also disheartens me, as I feel I'll never be considered a "great" artist with the likes of Vil, Gatsu, rdmuniz, Chobek, etc, because a good 80% of my creations are recreations.

Pocky Yoshi may think people believe more is better, but I feel like I never get comments because, perhaps, I have too much, so newer members may think "tl;dr." Also, while Pocky Yoshi may think people like Naruto, Cloud, and Ryu, I would rather see a hundred PY-quality creations (which, you may not think are mind-blowing, they are still quite solid, as I have posted to you before) than more of the same. I honestly think the only *real* way to get any significant notice is to do soul calibur character recreations. Taki, Zas, Talim, Setsuka, and Seong Mi-Na seem to be the ticket to instant comments and formula requests, but I think they are boring.

Sorry for the whining from my end!

I do always comment on your stuff, and this is seriously whacky stuff my friend. your Algol and Scorpion, lol
Try to tone colours done a bit, i am repeating myself i know ;o)

noticed you used the pattern on the helmet like on my dead space guy ;o)

I love wacky and creepy, well done !

Thank you! I very much appreciate your comments and critiques, as you have grown to be one of the best creators on this forum. I think if you had crisp PS3-quality screenshots, you would be able to rival Gatsu. Also, we would then be able to duke it out ;D

That doesn't mean we aren't admiring them.
Draco and Pocky-Yoshi, I've liked your characters before I was a member of 8WR. Your threads have high views for a good reason. I'm sure you've inspired many people here. Not to mention that you give great advice to people who are still CaS rookies.

I often wonder if I even made something on your level and everyone elses.
Have you seen the number of votes you have on the Talim contest?
I think because you have so many characters, the gems unfortunately tend to get lost or forgotten.

On a more on-topic note, awesome scorpion! I can just tell he'll look great in battle.
Have you tested the Voodoo greaves as well as the Scorpion greaves? I can't work out whether that'd look better or whether it's best to keep it as it is.
It's such a shame you can't use the large stickers more than twice because Heather has so much blood potential! xD

That doesn't mean we aren't admiring them.
Draco and Pocky-Yoshi, I've liked your characters before I was a member of 8WR. Your threads have high views for a good reason. I'm sure you've inspired many people here. Not to mention that you give great advice to people who are still CaS rookies.

Have you seen the number of votes you have on the Talim contest?
I think because you have so many characters, the gems unfortunately tend to get lost or forgotten.

On a more on-topic note, awesome scorpion! I can just tell he'll look great in battle.
Have you tested the Voodoo greaves as well as the Scorpion greaves? I can't work out whether that'd look better or whether it's best to keep it as it is.
It's such a shame you can't use the large stickers more than twice because Heather has so much blood potential! xD
Thank you for the reassurance! I guess I was wrong.

I originally had Scorpion with different boots, but I felt like it would be a crime to not include the one item in the game that has a scorpion theme to it, you know? I don't doubt a different item would look better, though.

Heather was surprisingly sticker intensive! She needed freckles, so that was the face paint, but I also wanted to make sure she had the red under her eyes, so there's 2 stickers there. No real turtle neck items, so another sticker there. 2 pocket stickers for the vest, and the last one to put the orange on her boots. Both large stickers used for blood, of course, though I did want a lot more blood..

Thank you for the reassurance! I guess I was wrong.

I originally had Scorpion with different boots, but I felt like it would be a crime to not include the one item in the game that has a scorpion theme to it, you know? I don't doubt a different item would look better, though.

Heather was surprisingly sticker intensive! She needed freckles, so that was the face paint, but I also wanted to make sure she had the red under her eyes, so there's 2 stickers there. No real turtle neck items, so another sticker there. 2 pocket stickers for the vest, and the last one to put the orange on her boots. Both large stickers used for blood, of course, though I did want a lot more blood..

You're welcome.

I always seem to find that there just aren't good enough items of footwear to match the rest of the outfit. I'm considering the DLC, mainly just for some new boots!

I'm not sure about the sticker being used as a turtle neck though. Just personal opinion, but I don't think it's worth having the sticker.
I think you can make turtle necks with the cone, but that also tends to look unrealistic and it doesn't move with the neck.
Did you test the undergarments that go up to the neck? I can't remember if they're all long sleeve or not.

I know I don't post very often (in fact, I don't believe I've yet made a post in this thread at all), but if it's all right, I'd like to weigh in on the off-topicness going on around here, also. I'll put it in a spoiler, though, to help keep the thread on track. :)

*steps up on soapbox*

If there's anything I've learned from sharing creations over a variety of communities, it's that there's a lot that people don't say. And there are a lot of reasons for this: sometimes people simply aren't interested in what they see, most likely because they're looking for something specific or your creations don't fall into their own preferred style. That said, there's also many that aren't made simply because the person doesn't know what to say - possibly because they don't feel they're qualified to talk about certain things, or they don't want to seem overly mean or complementary, or any number of other things on top of all that. And while that can be pretty painful to hear, it's very important to consider what you do get - with each subsequent view, there's someone you've interested. Someone you've inspired, someone you've entertained, someone you've informed - and that counts for a lot, even if it may not seem like it.

All in all, you really just have to keep doing what you love to do. Sometimes its frustrating, sometimes it's way harder than it has any right to be, but if you really enjoy what you're doing, that will translate into your creations, and in turn, into the people who view them.

Hope that helps at least a little. :)

*steps off soapbox*

That out of the way, I really do like your recreations. I'm not usually a huge fan of them, I'll admit - but I can tell you put a lot of effort into making them as close as possible, and it works out in ways I really wouldn't have expected to be possible, your Jensen especially. (Plus, you made Gene from Outlaw Star. That earns you cookie points on its own!)

(Plus, you made Gene from Outlaw Star. That earns you cookie points on its own!)
You would be shocked how he barely gets recognized online (I was even able to fit GeneStarwind into the name!) and 9 times out of 10 will get the question "what's that from?" And half the time someone else answers, I've actually heard WRONG answers. Kids these days ;_;

Me too .-.
Some of the DLC is totally worth it. Pat's 2P boots instantly became my most overused item because they are so damned useful and good looking. Zwei's boots are the only other mid-calf boots for males besides that one other one. Pyrra, Viola, and to some extent Elysium's footwear are all pretty nice too. I would just avoid the fetish packs (maid, active wear) but I've even seen some of the maid and Gothic parts get used in some interesting ways. Still avoiding those though, they need to give us more legitimate stuff! Can't wait for the next round of DLC!

I got my eyes on those character part packs, for the same reason, and also in that classic headgear pack
I mean... I can make almost every armor that Nightmare had XD There's SC1 and SC2 and using that SC1 with an acessory I can even make his SC3 helmet !

Holy molly that Egyptian Algol is trippy looking. It's a shame we can't change the "eyes" color. Nice use of the pure rings to indicate his magical powers from the soul swords.

Atma 4P has some great colors in my opinion. I love the fiery yet contradictorily cold look (since the red has a pink-ish hue instead of orange-ish), especially with Ely's mask. Glad that they've released Pyrrha O.'s top in the first pack, because she was bound to use that one day (with moar spikes!).

It's been a while since I've checked CAS stuff on 8wayrun, and what a great way to start. I really enjoyed your updates. Keep it up.

What is it with you people and monstrous galleries? Mercifully this is a good one and I appreciate the effort you've put into keeping it organized and updating the first page. It makes browsing so much easier for lazy people like myself ;).

Firstly, you made Brooklyn. That is a huge plus for me. That cartoon was so good (mainly due to Keith David being an utter boss as Goliath) and doesn't get the attention it deserves. Critiquing it doesn't seem fair given how difficult (impossible?) it is to get all the details spot on. It's recognizable enough I think. I dare you to try Lexington.

Major Glory! Awww yeeaah. Again I loved all of those cartoons. Again, the fact that you even thought to do this is really cool. Is there no way to get that super sized chin in there? Maybe a heart? Regardless, he's great. Nice use of the Feathers of Strength on his helmet and a nice Eagle head as well (which I've just noticed is made of two things, explaining the lack of chin).

Sieg from Chaos Legion is a dead on recreation. I've only played the demo of that game and it was good. The details like the leg straps and the fur on his coat show good attention to detail. ZWEI's coat fits perfectly, too. It's just a shame that no belt can co-exist with it. That makes precisely zero sense.

Inferno Ryo is brilliant. I have no idea what that show is (which may be blasphemous for some reason) but the reference pic helps show exactly how accurate of a recreation he is. Seriously I'm having a hard time finding a fault with him.

Speaking of having a hard time finding faults...Jensen. What the actual buggary farts. I got nothing. If I didn't know better I'd swear PS managed to swindle another Guest Character in there. I do however have one criticism about him. WHY IS HE NOT ON PAGE 1? He's probably the best showcasing of your abilities and as such should probably be front and centre, not hidden away on page 5 or 6.

In regards to the earlier topic:
I'd urge you not to stop. It can be disheartening when people don't comment, especially when you put effort into both the creation itself and presenting it. That being said there are a lot of galleries, there are a lot of big galleries and personally speaking I don't like just dropping into a thread to say "Great stuff!", I prefer to pick out one or two and go a bit deeper. Especially with galleries as big and as varied as this, going through each and every character is a little bit daunting. This is why I like how you update your first page because it puts everything in a nice neat bundle for easy access.

As far as what content gets the most attention, I'd agree it's usually Soul Calibur recreations or Final Fantasy recreations which get the most. I'm fairly certain it's no coincidence that after I posted my first Talim in the challenge thread I suddenly got a few more responses in my own thread. I'd strongly suggest trying your hand at the challenges. Even if it's recreating an already existing character you can put your own twist on it with you've learned here. It also exposes your work to those who may not have otherwise seen it.

I am however confused as to why you find recreating SC characters boring while your thread is filled with recreations. Is it Sephiroth Syndrome and your just sick to death of seeing them? I could understand that.

In any case, I hope you don't abandon this thread. I think a lot of people could learn a lot from your creations.

Oh and Jensen front and centre ;).

Holy molly that Egyptian Algol is trippy looking. It's a shame we can't change the "eyes" color. Nice use of the pure rings to indicate his magical powers from the soul swords.

Atma 4P has some great colors in my opinion. I love the fiery yet contradictorily cold look (since the red has a pink-ish hue instead of orange-ish), especially with Ely's mask. Glad that they've released Pyrrha O.'s top in the first pack, because she was bound to use that one day (with moar spikes!).

It's been a while since I've checked CAS stuff on 8wayrun, and what a great way to start. I really enjoyed your updates. Keep it up.
Thanks! I've seen a lot of Egypt themed cas, including Algol (Because Algol looks good pretty much no matter what!), and wanted to try something that looked a little 'different.' Mostly after noticing how the Astaroth hood clips, so many possibilities there, I may be abusing it soon. I'm glad you liked his sword-colored rings, along with his headgear, I felt they were the 'hook' of his design.

You pinpointed Atma's personality based on costume and color scheme critique alone. Wow.

Thanks for looking! I remember liking your stuff after seeing your great tips a while back and I'm glad you have returned to posting.

What is it with you people and monstrous galleries? Mercifully this is a good one and I appreciate the effort you've put into keeping it organized and updating the first page. It makes browsing so much easier for lazy people like myself ;).

Firstly, you made Brooklyn. That is a huge plus for me. That cartoon was so good (mainly due to Keith David being an utter boss as Goliath) and doesn't get the attention it deserves. Critiquing it doesn't seem fair given how difficult (impossible?) it is to get all the details spot on. It's recognizable enough I think. I dare you to try Lexington.

Major Glory! Awww yeeaah. Again I loved all of those cartoons. Again, the fact that you even thought to do this is really cool. Is there no way to get that super sized chin in there? Maybe a heart? Regardless, he's great. Nice use of the Feathers of Strength on his helmet and a nice Eagle head as well (which I've just noticed is made of two things, explaining the lack of chin).

Sieg from Chaos Legion is a dead on recreation. I've only played the demo of that game and it was good. The details like the leg straps and the fur on his coat show good attention to detail. ZWEI's coat fits perfectly, too. It's just a shame that no belt can co-exist with it. That makes precisely zero sense.

Inferno Ryo is brilliant. I have no idea what that show is (which may be blasphemous for some reason) but the reference pic helps show exactly how accurate of a recreation he is. Seriously I'm having a hard time finding a fault with him.

Speaking of having a hard time finding faults...Jensen. What the actual buggary farts. I got nothing. If I didn't know better I'd swear PS managed to swindle another Guest Character in there. I do however have one criticism about him. WHY IS HE NOT ON PAGE 1? He's probably the best showcasing of your abilities and as such should probably be front and centre, not hidden away on page 5 or 6.
Sorry! I need to weed it out soon and combine pics, and maybe delete bad stuff soon, my photobucket account is hating me right now (no, seriously, the "stats" page won't even load any more)

You've got some good taste noticing Brooklyn (not one I was trying to go crazy all-out with, since he would require like 3 more special slots to do properly, but I wanted to give it a shot) and Major Glory! I also like your chin suggestion. Even I had forgotten about using 2 parts for the eagle head for a while. Figuring out how to make his mask/helmet was mind-boggling, but it had to have the wings and eagle head, no matter what.

Sieg doesn't get a lot of attention, so I appreciate that as well. I have such a love/hate reelationship with that coat, because I agree with the stupidity of clashing with the belt layer. It's such a nice coat, but Sieg has so far been the only use I've been able to make of it (a Zwei style cas, ironically).

I'm feel like Ryo must be one of my best, if someone who doesn't know the material likes it! I'm glad he doesn't look like a generic samurai to you. Updating his chest armor was really fun, I love to use clipping in an intentional way.

dssjkbhgioagofhiwbw aye-aye, Jenson on the top of page 1, stat!

And yeah, you could call me disdain for SC recreations sephiroth syndrome.
There are just so many of them out there, and if they are good (particularly characters like Mi-Na or Setsuka), they all look pretty much the same (Pareo, Pareo everywhere) , and if they are bad then...well, it's bad. But people still notice a bad SC character because it's something they know. I've fought bad SC recreations using some of my most intensive work and a room full of mics will be like "oh I love Taki."

The challenge thread creations I am enjoying, because they all look different and mostly look really fantastic and creative, but those aren't recreations, meant to be accurate to an existing design. Which is how 99% of Soul Calibur character recreations are treated. I've literally stopped clicking spoiler tags labeled sophitia, cassandra, etc. because I know they will basically look exactly like everyone else's.

I don't know who Gwendolyn from Odin Sphere is, but that aside, I'm in love with this design! I've started to delve into using Patroklos for a female and have been having issues finding a design that would feel appropriate with the strength of the stance yet feminine. Well done!

I don't see a reason to quit like at all. I know it's been said multiple times before but there are some bada ass flippin creations you have, and frankly I've yet to see you run out of steam with them. I'd love to have the time (as well as own a ps3 and the game) to be able to make faithful recreations such as yours. The Guts blows me away, Sieg is great, Eddie was great, Maska is flipping awesome, all the Atmas are pretty flippin sweet, Nier is great, Inferno armor is awesome, I could go on for days. And it's not just because you're my friend. There is a solid amount of variation to your designs, that everytime I see a new thing you're working on I'm like "well shiz I wish I could come up with that" which makes me second guess not only character creation in Soul Calibur but my characters that I've been drawing lately as well. I've been experimenting with more varied designs, more armor types, more proportions etc, all majority of the reason being the stuff I've seen in CAS. (again, no homo)

That being said, you do have QUITE a bit of stuff on the front page. I would probably put the best stuff on top of the first page and then work down into subcategories from there. Also when the DLC gets here I know there's going to be a storm of epic proportions in revamping/redesigning/recreating a great many things, so I can't wait to see where you go from here. If there's one stupid little cheesy truth you can take away from this is that you've not only made me want to be better at CAS, but better with characters in general. No I have to go punch kittens so I get my man points back.

Keep at it bro.

I'm one of the rookie here.. and i've also been checking and admiring your CAS too. Yours are as great as the other pros, like Pocky-Yoshi, Vilarcane, HolyCarp, and maybe more who i haven't looked into. So like everyone says, please stay and keep posting your creations.

Btw, i love the Scorpion, it looks sick! it would be great if your Scorpion have a duel with Vilarcane's Mantis, Ant, and Bee :D

Back