My Soul Calibur collection

Cool K thnx. BTW, I've been told that Someone fought a Character named "ALGOL", Very different from the one dipicted in SC4, So If you ever fought him, show a pic of that too! :D

Cool K thnx. BTW, I've been told that Someone fought a Character named "ALGOL", Very different from the one dipicted in SC4, So If you ever fought him, show a pic of that too! :D

I was playing SC2 and one of the regions in the quest mode is called Algol. I didn't fight any characters named Algol though.

There were a few other things that I forgot to note in SC2. I need to spend more time with the game once I get my PS2 working again.

I also could use a cool statue to put on my desk. I don't have anything cool for Soul Calibur. The search is on.

Sorry for up this old post, but I just come and discover this impressive collection !
I see you have all the instruction card of the soulcalibur cabinet !!!
I myself building a real arcade cabinet (a copy of the original one) and I looking for such instruction set (it's really hard to find) ! Do you have a scan of that ?

I don't, but I can get you one if you can wait a few days.
That would be great !

I'm looking especially to reproduce that :

20110721121037-maldoror68-20110719214231-Sir-Kayne-photo23a-modmaldo.JPG

Man, you have devotion.

Though, it does look like you passed on Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny. I assume you don't have a PSP?

Actually, I have two copies, and I carry two PSPs with me at all times. This thread is older than that game.

I don't know if this is the case for all arcades, but at our local one in Madison, every machine is for sale if the price is right, whether there's a "for sale" sign or not, especially toward the end of Namco's ownership of the place about five years ago. Right before they sold the whole place to "Tilt," they had an "everything must go" attitude, and a very good friend of mine who was working there snapped up our dear old SC2 machine for $300. I bought it from her a while after that, then I started buying (surprisingly cheap) printed circuit boards for Soul Edge and SC1 on eBay, and eventually bought a whole SC3AE machine and had them just send me the JAMMA hardware inside. That was the most expensive thing I've ever bought other than cars. Hunting for parts and teaching myself about electronics to cobble all that stuff together into one simultaneously functioning, reliable machine has been a lot of fun.

Actually, I have two copies, and I carry two PSPs with me at all times. This thread is older than that game.
Oh...hm...

I have two PSPs as well but I'm trying to get rid of one. I had them for...well, I assume the same reason you did (so that I could strike up a multiplayer game wherever I went) but I no longer hang around that many people (graduated college) so I don't need the second one anymore.

oh my god!! Awesome! Iwas thinking to post the photoes of my collection, but yours is too awesome! D: envy to meeee!!!!!

it'so awesome! D: my collection is nothing! compliments! i saw the N64 and SNES, have you got a general collection?

For dapinkpwner: Sorry it's more than a year late, but here's your SC3AE Inferno. Just a glob of fire with a bit of an exoskeleton. No sword inside like in SC2. The only weapon he uses is Cervantes' Soul Edge, but he does use the familiar Inferno flying tornado moves sometimes.
Inferno 1.JPG
Inferno 2.JPG

For Sir_Kayne: I have those scans for you, but the files are way too big to post here. PM me an address and I'll email them to you. I have 1200 dpi tiff original scans that are in pieces because the originals are too large for my scanner, and 300 dpi jpegs that I spliced together in an attempt to make something nice for everyone here to look at. I'll post some even lower quality versions below, but I don't think you'll want to print these.

My specimen of this sheet is actually in two pieces. I didn't know they came as one until I saw your image. Note the crease right of center. Might want to doctor that if possible.
SC1 rules low quality.jpg

And there's a crease in this one too, right through Hwang, as well as some dirt, and a stress mark on the bottom left edge from adhesive strain when it was removed from its original application. I think the creases are from the way these were originally packed in the conversion kit. Note the presence of Arthur instead of Mitsurugi. I hope that's the same as your hardware version.
SC1 move list low quality.jpg

This sheet of button labels is of incredibly poor quality, because my specimen itself is an unbelievably bad copy. If I was any kind of graphic artist, I'd just use this as a model, and remake them from scratch.
SC1 button decals (copy of low quality copy) -super low quality.jpg

And you didn't ask for this, but I also have scans of the marquee from when someone else asked for it. Here's a super, super low-quality version of that for the web to look at.
SC1 marquee low quality.jpg

I don't have that center logo image seen in your photo, but maybe you can use the marquee scan to help with that. Oh, and a finicky tip in the interest of accuracy: the originals are printed on glossy sticker paper, like the kind with a thin plastic film over the top. Just in case you want to ask Kinko's if they can do that or something.

Also: I've accumulated some more stuff in the last couple years that I haven't posted in this thread, such as giant poster-sized character decals for the sides of arcade machines. I won't be able to scan those, but I might be able to get some decent straight-on photos if you're interested. No promises. This idea could prove too impractical.

I also scanned all my other cards, except the ones still in my SC2 machine, but I haven't spliced those scans together yet. If anyone else googles this thread in the future, I'd be happy to hook you up too. I'll try to make some web resolution versions for public consumption in the next few weeks, but since nobody's asked for them, I'll take my time.

Excelent ! That is some of the artwork I looking for ! I will send you an address for posting in hi-res.
I will work on that for obtain hight quality picture by vectoring.

It's a standard player 2 costume in the arcade version of Soul Calibur 3. If you're player 1, then you just press guard to switch costumes on the character select screen. There's also an alternate color scheme for it, with blonde hair.

I eventually got my hands on a copy of the SC3:AE ver. C disc that someone sent me online, which I wanted so that I could port all the movesets onto the PS2 version. It didn't go so well. I managed to get Amy, Hwang, and Li Long from AE fully playable on the PS2, but for some reason I wasn't able to port the movesets from the other AE characters...

The way the 246 works is that the binaries are generally on the dongle while all the data files are on the disc. It's supposedly possible to swap some stuff around - although I'm not sure what you could do with SC2/3.

For Basara X, people were able to yank over the opening video from the arcade version and put it on the PS2 version. Or vice versa? I don't remember, but I know someone has swapped that game's content between Arcade and PS2 version. Not whole characters, though, but at least the opening video.

If you need more disc images *coughmamedumpscough*.

Back