Natsu Questions And Answers / General Discussion

I can attest to this. ive seen poison dart stun my opponent as they try and get up off the ground. It must be if they try and ukemi or something maybe? cuz if they just lie there it doesnt stun them, but if I hit them mid-animation as their getting up it stuns. I dont really know what specific move it is their doing(still pretty new) but its something to do with a wakeup game...

it probably stuns on counter hit when the opponent does a wakeup attack and that's all.
Or it's the infamous practice mode Ukemi CH bug, that makes CH properties apply where they actually wouldn't, when counter hit is turned on in practice settings.

I was about to say the same thing as FleshMasher... I have had it CH them as they are getting up, but it's only because they are trying to get up and attack. Then it just does the normal CH vs Standing animation BUT they aren't all the way up and it appears as they were stunned on the ground (which they weren't)

When playing seriously, I only use Natsu. The other day though, I played some casuals with a friend who just started with SCV and I jumped around because I felt bad for beating him so badly with only one character. Mitsu and Nightmare and the Pyrrhas seem pretty easymode. Viola is cool, but she's hard to use if you don't know what you're doing, and I don't. Out of the other characters, I guess O Pyrrha is my favorite.

I only play with a friend home and online just for fun i even dont mind losing all that much i use mainly natsu and pyrrha sometimes ivy and ellysium cause i miss sophitia the bad thing with ellysium is that i always get viola hilde viola which are the only female characters i dont know at all... Is it random? or it has something to do with character usage?

PO 2 is usually just for baiting a response from an opponent who expects you to do HOV A_B. However, it's also useful for oki. When you hit 4A+B6 on a grounded opponent for example, and you're standing there in PO waiting for them to get up, assuming you don't want to do PO B+K, PO 2 realigns you to they don't side roll behind you.

be mindful of xibas spinning shit wakeup move.other than that his other wakeup moves should be easy to block and punishable.

besides natsu i play xiba, and im learning voldo and algol

Or Block low and punish.
Worked wonders on Kilik, haven't tested it on Xiba but the Frame Data in his SA says its -30 or more.

Or Block low and punish.
Worked wonders on Kilik, haven't tested it on Xiba but the Frame Data in his SA says its -30 or more.
What a mess their SA is. I wanted to find out what the brave-edge frames on block of his wakeup spinny move are, but I don't see it.

Anyway, on the normal version, block low and 66B BE, 1A is probably your most damaging option.

no vid, i dont really care what you say you did. we've had people trying things with the move every which way with no success. forgive me if i'm a little skeptical when you come in and post some vague info about it still stunning.

It may have looked like he was, don't take my word for it, sorry.

Back