Natsu Questions And Answers / General Discussion

Most of the time when I play people they won't tech in either direction because if you use Ninja Canon (4 A+B) or UB (2 A+B) then they are screwed and eat 60-80 damage. Sometimes i'll even throw tacks for the hell of it lol. Caught one person mashing a WR move and the tacks CH for crumple into combo.

Out of curiosity what do you guys use to poke with to fish out the damage? 6B, 22A, 3KK?

Sometimes i'll even throw tacks for the hell of it lol. Caught one person mashing a WR move and the tacks CH for crumple into combo.
How I wish I could have played pre patch Natsu when her tacks where actually worth a shit. I have a hard time getting a CH with her FC A+B :/ However I can see how the tacks could get CH out of WR mashers. lol

The purpose of tacks has changed but it doesn't make them useless.

i16, -6 on block, +12 on hit, full combo on ch. forward range is better than it appears.

To me this shows that in a matchup where ws k gets punished hard such as Cervantes, ivy, natsu, anyone with fast ce , tacks are a better option. Sacrificing 2 frames of speed for safety and the same reward. -6 is small enough to run reverse mixups as well.

There is also the use of normal hit tacks against the wall or edge as a tech trap or block/whiff punish for the instant ring out.

Would I be mistaken in saying that it's also a lot easier to control the opponent's movement after NH FC A+B compared to NH WR K? WR K has much less advantage and I think it can push some characters far enough away that they can backdash out of the range of the first hit in 66K.

The purpose of tacks has changed but it doesn't make them useless.

i16, -6 on block, +12 on hit, full combo on ch. forward range is better than it appears.

To me this shows that in a matchup where ws k gets punished hard such as Cervantes, ivy, natsu, anyone with fast ce , tacks are a better option. Sacrificing 2 frames of speed for safety and the same reward. -6 is small enough to run reverse mixups as well.

There is also the use of normal hit tacks against the wall or edge as a tech trap or block/whiff punish for the instant ring out.
I LOVE YOU KAB...!!!
Makes me smile every time you post.
but one useless move is B(K)....except against scrubs.
Now prove me wrong. 8)

Would I be mistaken in saying that it's also a lot easier to control the opponent's movement after NH FC A+B compared to NH WR K? WR K has much less advantage and I think it can push some characters far enough away that they can backdash out of the range of the first hit in 66K.
That's correct.
NH FC 2A+B~ 66B kills even sidestep.
I think 66B is a must block here.
Exceptions may be some attacks with superior tech evasion.

My wish list for Natsu in this iteration or the next. Not let the opponent sidestep PO B after being hit with 6 A+B. On block I could understand but not on hit.

That would be really fucked up if couldn't sidestep PO B after 6A+B on hit. Besides, she has ways to train your opponent to not sidestep PO stance so it would a completely unnecessary buff.

I don't know, PO A can be stepped, K can too I'm sure and it does seem to randomly whiff. Actually it seems like all of her PO moves can be stepped.

Yeah usually when people see you go into PO they automatically step in fear of PO B... Their are ways to exploit this reaction I would suppose.

Well honestly it would be too much if you couldn't step PO B on hit. It already does inbalanced damage on hit and on guard natsu's gets good options from it on block (if they 2A use A+B, 66B, BE A throw or 66B+G) I like Fleshmasters Idea

So what are they? Is PO A:6 steppable (if not...well, as mixups go, 80 vs 64 damage is pretty good)

Dope: timing. I haven't practiced for a bit, but IIRC that's what happens when you key 66 too early (before Natsu is actually -in- PO). Try going into practice mode and just practice until you can wait just long enough.

I'll have to practice that then.

On a side note, I know this isn't the right place to ask this but it also seems to be the one area of the site that is most frequented. But I'll be moving from California in a couple weeks to the mid-west over in northern Indianapolis. Does a Soul Calibur scene exist out there? I haven't heard anything yet, except some possibilities in Chicago.

But I'll be moving from California in a couple weeks to the mid-west over in northern Indianapolis. Does a Soul Calibur scene exist out there? I haven't heard anything yet, except some possibilities in Chicago.
You should check out the regional match making forums, you're bound to find some one on their :D

Back