Natsu Questions And Answers / General Discussion

KaB mentioned doing like 1k which is -2 then doing 4A+Ba to use an 8 frame high to CH. But since 2Ba is the same cancel wouldn't it be easier and more viable?

1k leaves you in full crouch so 2Ba is impossible. Now, if you want to do interrupts off of -4 stuff like 4k or ws a then 2ba is much easier to get the i8

Ah okay, without my console I was just re listening to the Natsu soul cast to see if there was anything I missed when I heard that. The 4 a+ba cancel seems pretty difficult to do at that speed much less on reaction or anticipation to something

It's just a practice thing, its not too hard in general. It turns -2 into a legitimate frame trap. It makes forcing offense off of 1k a threat and makes the opponent think about counter options.

Why don't you guys (namely kAb and Hawkeye) do 2a into 4a+bA err rip? Granted, Natsu's 2a is kinda ass, but I would do that for the simple fact that a lot of people think they have the frames to interrupt after that happens, increasing chances for poke damage/CH damage.

Why don't you guys (namely kAb and Hawkeye) do 2a into 4a+bA err rip? Granted, Natsu's 2a is kinda ass, but I would do that for the simple fact that a lot of people think they have the frames to interrupt after that happens, increasing chances for poke damage/CH damage.

1. It's kinda as you said, her 2a is kinda ass, terrible range on it.

2. 2a at -6 on block means a frame perfect 4a+ba will only beat out moves i15 or slower, it trades with bb and loses to aa. It's not bad once in awhile to see how they will react, plus you have the incentive of 2a into 4a+ba being NC for 18 damage should the 2a actually hit.

Were her 2a -4 on block I'd go nuts with it.

2A~ 4a+bA is guaranteed but quite hard to do.
I practiced it often and got a 1 out of 4 rate of nailing it at best.
Also if 2A hits a crouching opponent it won't force stand and the 4a+bA will auto whiff.
I still try it often in combat along with PO B on block into 2bA it's fun but if you don't nail it that sucks a bit.
If my Kuzukiri is too slow i even get GIed :(

Same as KBDC in Tekken, just 4~214~214~214 etc.

Edit: for characters with 214 stances it's 4~874~874~874.

So I was having some matches with some buddys last night, and I started using 2A into 4A in some of the matches. It seems like a good mix up to me, becuase I kept on getting CH WR K after a 2A when my oponent expected me to use the 4A afterwards. It seemed like an effective mix up that can get you a potential full combo. Im wondering if the PO bonus to 4A is unsafe in this sittuation, or if this is even viable at the least but it was working for me

Speaking of mixing it up. I've found that I've using JF A:6 after CH 22A instead of AAB. A:6 ends in a knock down and puts you at a better mixup advantage instead of being even after AAB

AAB's are a lot more consistent and literally do more damage, but A:6 is optimal for better oki and RO potential. But if you mess up your timing and get A6, you lose out on any extra damage.

Last edited:
Back