Natsu Questions And Answers / General Discussion

DopeDojo, are you on PSN or Xbox Live? Name? Timezone?

I've only been playing Soulcalibur since January this year, still learning, but maybe I can put up a fight. :P

I play on Xbox Live and my gamertag is "Total x Avenger" if you want to play me. I live in England so I'm GMT/UTC.

This isn't listed in Frame Data move properties, but I noticed recently that 3B has tech step. It consistently avoids Algol's 3BB and Xiba's 66BBB after the first block. Are there known any vertical strings that 3B does not work on?

A bit off topic but I want to see how good my Natsu is so I need top notch Natsu competition or top competition in general against some of yall one of these nights
Play Hawkeye He Won UFGT Recently, In Case You Didnt Know Kappa

This isn't listed in Frame Data move properties, but I noticed recently that 3B has tech step. It consistently avoids Algol's 3BB and Xiba's 66BBB after the first block. Are there known any vertical strings that 3B does not work on?
Prolly Rugi 66BB, 11BAB, MST B B+K, and MST BBB. Prolly Works Vs 3B BE Tho... Which Sucks...
I'll List Others That May Work;
Xiba WR A+B?, 3AB
Raph EVERYTHING
Pyrrha/Poe 66B+KAB
Algol 6BBB, 4AB 33AB
Pat 6BBB, 66A BE,
Aeon 6BB/B BE, WR AB

Last edited:
Prolly Rugi 66BB, 11BAB, MST B B+K, and MST BBB. Prolly Works Vs 3B BE Tho... Which Sucks...
I'll List Others That May Work;
Xiba WR A+B?, 3AB
Raph EVERYTHING
Pyrrha/Poe 66B+KAB
Algol 6BBB, 4AB 33AB
Pat 6BBB, 66A BE,
Aeon 6BB/B BE, WR AB
Okay i felt forced to do a bit testing on this:

Mitsu
66BB wrong (eat CH unless he does it on tip range and doesn't delay)
11BAB it interrupts the superslow last B like half of natsu's command list so i guess that counts...
MST B~ B+K wrong (eat CH)
MST BBB wrong (eat NH)
3B~ BE wrong (eat CH unless he does it on tip range and delays the correct amount of time)

Xiba
WR A+B NO (eat CH)
3AB YES (more thanks to TC i guess though)

Raph
Ahahaha

Pyrrha/Omega
66B+KAB NO (mutual whiff at best when she delays a bit)/NO(can work with correct delay on Omega's part)
Otherwise: Eat CH

Algol
6BBB NO (eat CH Bubble)
4AB NO (eat CH)
33AB NO (eat CH launcher)

Pat
6BBB NO (eat CH)
66A~ BE NO (eat CH)

Aeon
6BB/6B~ BE NO (eat CH)
WS AB NO (eat CH)

to sum it up:
Actually the accuracy with which you found ONLY attacks that 3B doesn't properly step makes me think you did it on purpose.
Anyway do me a favor and refrain from posting in the Natsu Tactics. Unless it has a bit more substance.

@TheFool: There are some other uses, for example vs Patroclos' 236AB, but you really should be knowing what you're doing or have a huge life lead when attempting a random 3B.
Especially because that little spin she does during 3B, that, if the opponent counter hits you, often results in her getting hit while back turned, eating even more damage.

Is it just me or is 3B A:6 1A incredibly difficult? I can get A:6 almost every time I try it now, but in the 3B combo I find it difficult for it to work. It's possible I'm rushing the 6 after the A because I'm trying to fit in the move before they hit the ground. I suppose practice and watching videos of people doing it will help.

Yes to me 3B~A:6 is her most difficult just input, timing is tricky.
I can get it in training with about 90% accuracy, but training and a real match are not the same :(

True that. The A:6 JF in Natsu's BnB off of CH WS K is not hard at all offline, but online you really notice how badly lag puts you off your timing.

Do you play on PSN?

I think 3B~ A:6 timing is character dependent.
It may be easier on some, also the result(ground splat/far launch) and timing may vary as some seem to fall slower than others.
For example Mitsu can be 3Ked after 3B while others fall too fast or it could be a hitbox issue.
About execution:
When 3B~ A6 (not JF) comes out: Input of 6 too early.
When 3B~ A comes out: Input of 6 too late.
When 3B~ A:6 comes out, but A:6 doesn't connect: Input of A too late.
When 3B~ A:6 comes out and connects you hit the sweet spot.

You know I found that on most characters you can manipulate whether you get the far knock back or the ground splat. It varies in timing depending on the character, but usually if you hit them when they're at slightly above head level they go flying and if you hit when they're around chest level you get the ground splat.

I can't take credit for this, its a tidbit I picked up in France from GOLD_rock.....

If you step to your left and hit an opponent with a:6 from the side you have some interesting options. If they do not tech 1a, 44k or CE are guaranteed. (Least damage to most damage) if they do tech, 66b catches ALL directions. You can even do the BE if you are super confident they will tech for big damage.

It's not super practical, as its hard to see if you got the correct side turned hit or not, but its a little safer than step 3b or step 66b. Just more info to add to specific situations.

Also from neutral at range 0 a:6 you can combo a 4a+b after if they don't tech.

Can anyone name some particular moves from different characters that are -8 on block which are therefore punishable with 4A+Ba or 2Ba?

I use the move right now mainly to apply pressure, though in Maxi fights I also tend to use it more to interrupt his nunchuku fuckery. It would be nice to be able to recognise what is just unsafe enough to hit with 4A+Ba, as a pose to it being too safe for A or A:6.

Thanks.

Can anyone name some particular moves from different characters that are -8 on block which are therefore punishable with 4A+Ba or 2Ba?

I use the move right now mainly to apply pressure, though in Maxi fights I also tend to use it more to interrupt his nunchuku fuckery. It would be nice to be able to recognise what is just unsafe enough to hit with 4A+Ba, as a pose to it being too safe for A or A:6.

Thanks.
the easiest way would be to browse through FR strategy guide or frame data in each characters soul arena

Yes I thought of doing that but I wanted to see if anyone here knew any specific moves off the top of their head before I went delving into frame data.

Yes I thought of doing that but I wanted to see if anyone here knew any specific moves off the top of their head before I went delving into frame data.
tbh I dunno, never seen 4a+bA or 2bA as a punishment tool in tournament matches. the range and damage is meh, plus You have to have really lightning fast reflex
Also, I read a recent kAb's post in some thread, that its's pretty difficult to execute these moves fast enough to be able to punish -8.
Off the top of my head I'd say natsu's single A is -8

Back