New Blazblue game! "Chrono Phantasma"

Does this Blazblue CS sequel interest you

• Hell yes!!!

Votes: 41 52.6%
  • lol no.

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • I might be interested, but I need more info.

Votes: 23 29.5%

• Total voters
I've never played any of the blazblue series. Can someone describe the gameplay to me? Compare it to other fighters? This could be incredibly wrong, but it looks similar to the fighting from MVC2 (2 not 3), without the teams. Based solely on that video

How is this series still alive? Jesus, just go back to developing Guilty Gear or whatever.

I've never played any of the blazblue series. Can someone describe the gameplay to me? Compare it to other fighters? This could be incredibly wrong, but it looks similar to the fighting from MVC2 (2 not 3), without the teams. Based solely on that video
Persona 4 Arena is coming out tomorrow. the gameplay is gonna be very similar to that i believe. otherwise Guilty Gear is kinda close but not really too much cause there are a lot of mechanics that make it a totally different game. MvC3 is a kinda the same but i believe BB is more complex with it's combos. Arc System has a lot of games but somehow all of them are different from blazblue :P

so yeah that Persona fighting game is the closes I've seen to BB out of many others.

I would say it's like Guilty Gear, but even then it's not 100% accurate. It is over-the-top and combo heavy, but not to MvC's extent. What really sets BB apart is its Drive system where everyone has a one-of-a-kind mechanic only they can use. For example Ragna has Soul Eater which allows him to drain health, complimenting his rushdown style. Jin has Frost Bite which freezes people, Tager has Voltech Battler that magnetizes his opponents and allows him to draw them in for his throws, and Valkenhayn can turn into a wolf which gives him to radically different play options. CP is giving a LARGE revamp to the mechanics so the meta-game is probably going to change drastically.

Also, DustLoop is documenting changes and news:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...ovelist-Translations-and-Loketest-Information

I only played CT, do you guys think it'll still be worth to buy CS/CS2? Disclaimer: i am actually interested in the story mode and that shit.

Btw what are the differences between CS and CS2?

Persona 4 Arena is coming out tomorrow. the gameplay is gonna be very similar to that i believe. otherwise Guilty Gear is kinda close but not really too much cause there are a lot of mechanics that make it a totally different game. MvC3 is a kinda the same but i believe BB is more complex with it's combos. Arc System has a lot of games but somehow all of them are different from blazblue :P

so yeah that Persona fighting game is the closes I've seen to BB out of many others.
P4A isn't the best game to compare it to, while it's similar in style, the gameplay is much easier.

Seriously, Standing AAAA pops out a combo, and if your "SP gauge is full enough it will even finish with an SP skill" Now that's what I call noob friendly. Anyway, blazblue might be one of the toughest, most diverse fighters I've ever played. I can't really find anything to compare it to. While I highly recommend it, you should know before hand it require a lot of time and effort. (You see the people here saying they suck at it?)

I only played CT, you think it'll still be worth to buy CS/CS2? Disclaimer: i am actually interested in the story mode and that shit.

Btw what are the differences between CS and CS2?
CS2 was for the handheld devices and added story modes for the DLC characters and a new character, Relius Clover, Carls dad. CSEX for the consoles was pretty much the same. Call it Arcs way of saying sorry to people without handhelds.

CS2 was for the handheld devices and added story modes for the DLC characters and a new character, Relius Clover, Carls dad. CSEX for the consoles was pretty much the same. Call it Arcs way of saying sorry to people without handhelds.
Ah ok so my best bet would be to buy CSEX (also lol at this abbreviation) since its practically CS + extra content?

P4A isn't the best game to compare it to, while it's similar in style, the gameplay is much easier.

Seriously, Standing AAAA pops out a combo, and if your "SP gauge is full enough it will even finish with an SP skill" Now that's what I call noob friendly. Anyway, blazblue might be one of the toughest, most diverse fighters I've ever played. I can't really find anything to compare it to. While I highly recommend it, you should know before hand it require a lot of time and effort. (You see the people here saying they suck at it?)
i see. then i guess Persona 4 Arena is more like Skull Girls.

I CANNOT WAIT. My Bang has been getting a tad rusty so now my excitement is big for this. His new DD which shoves that nail in your vagina is awesome. FRKZ is now his OVERDRIVE so i don't use meter for it now, but i have to wait to use it....... Steel Rain is now a normal move too. AWESOME.

Also i really like Bullet and Azrael, they both look badass to me and are easily sub material. Hazama's new DD is sweet, Noel's new look is cool, Makoto and Valk are still badass.

Lambda/Mu are maybe not in this game and im SO GLAD, now i just need Arakune out and my life goal will have been fulfilled.

Also can't wait for P4A of course, TOMORROW.

Can't wait to do THIS

Played it. Bad game. Too many reboots. Let it die.
You do realize guilty gear went through the same cycle of reboots right?
And why is that when i first used my ragna and jin CaS in the 8WR you went "who the fuck is that?" and you still claimed to have played it, thats like saying "oh i played legend of zelda..*sees SC2 Gamecube guest character* who the fuck is that?" that along with you not really mentioning anything gameplay related to it whatsoever led me to believe you havent .
But if you really have, then you get to smack me in the face.

You do realize guilty gear went through the same cycle of reboots right?
Yep. It was bad when they did that too. They should focus on full sequels or just patching the game they made rather than releasing the same garbage over and over with a few changes.
And why is that when i first used my ragna and jin CaS in the 8WR you went "who the fuck is that?"
To annoy you, obviously. You'd have to be living under a rock to have never heard some weeaboo spouting off about how totally grimdark and badass the new werewolf blood knight templar demon DMC character is or how moe kawaii animu they think the 8-year-old protagonist of Final Fantasy MCXXVII is.

The only reason I've ever played BB was because a friend wanted me to get into it. GG has its share of issues but BB just seemed to exacerbate them. I can see why some people might enjoy it but it's not to my taste and it annoys me when any company follows the Capcom moneyprinting scheme of releasing the same game over and over with minor changes instead of just progressing with a damn sequel.

Ah ok so my best bet would be to buy CSEX (also lol at this abbreviation) since its practically CS + extra content?

Yep.

It doesn't really matter if its easy to input, especially since it's very sub optimal.

Combos too easy? This is a pretty odd complaint coming from an SC forum...
First of all, I never said there was ANYTHING wrong with that. All I said was that it's noob friendly, and shouldn't compared to the play style of Blazblue. I'm getting P4A first day, I've been waiting months for it, you don't have to defend it.

Also, one of Bullet's DD's is this:

720+A>720+D>1080+D (costs an extra 50 heat to use the second followup)

Yeah, 2520 degrees (SEVEN full rotations) to use it. Joysticks are going to SNAP.

Also, one of Bullet's DD's is this:

720+A>720+D>1080+D (costs an extra 50 heat to use the second followup)

Yeah, 2520 degrees (SEVEN full rotations) to use it. Joysticks are going to SNAP.
Oh snap! She's got you beat, Tager!

Back