New Blazblue game! "Chrono Phantasma"

Does this Blazblue CS sequel interest you

• Hell yes!!!

Votes: 41 52.6%
  • lol no.

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • I might be interested, but I need more info.

Votes: 23 29.5%

• Total voters

x_is_a_scrub

[08] Mercenary
Trailer:

Notes and info*
The new release will be titled Blazblue Chrono Phantasma.
- There's reportedly a lot that's been changed in the game. The neutral poses have been redrawn for all the characters.
- Costumes for some of the characters are different. (Might only be Noel since it hasn't been reported for other characters yet)
- Of course they also have new moves.
- Noel has a different weapon and she doesn't wear a cap this time.
- Tsubaki is the version that's fallen to the dark side.
- Hazama has a new DD.
- The stage backgrounds are new
- The BGMs seems to be different as well
- Three new characters will be added in: Amane, Barret(Bullet?), Azrael. Amane fights with something like a cloth, Barret looks a bit like Makoto, Azrael is muscular.
[updates]
- Azrael is a mid-aged muscular man who's sort of a meathead, fighting is everything to him. Drive name is "The Terror".
- Amane is a man that looks as beautiful as a goddess, fights with a plumage. Drive name is "Spiral".
- Barret is a close-combat cool female mercenary with cleavage. At a glance her motions looks a bit like Makoto's. Drive name is "Lockon".
- Voices: Barret= Toa Yukinari (Berserk anime series' Casca), Azrael= Hiroki Yasumoto (Bleach's Chad), Amane=Akira Ishida (Namco Tales series' Rid Hershel)
- Jin can do his DD in the air
- Bang has a new DD where he uses his nail
- Ragna has a new move that looks a bit like Gravedigger (probably means Testament's from the GG series.)
- Hazama has a new move where he turns into Terumi and steps on his opponent

*notes from: http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums/bbs/messages/13362.shtml#end

As someone who didn't want CS2 EX, this announcement has revitalized my interest in the series. Bullet <3

UPDATE: System changes and Movesets have been listed in a PDF file downloadable (in japanese) on http://blazblue.jp/

-Apparently all characters can spend a quarter of their meter for a guard crush attack.

-Looks like gold bursts were taken out and replaced with something called the Overdrive System. Every character's overdrive seems to be a unique utility "power-up" List of confirmed overdrive moves from Blazblue.jp, translated by DL:
Ragna: Blood Kain Idea
Jin: Frost End - All attacks involving Yukinaesa freeze on contact
Noel: Chain Quasar - Increases speed of drive moves
Rachel: Erufreed(?) - Increases speed of Slypheed gauge recovery
Tao: Almost Becoming Two!
Tager: Voltic Field - Forces magnetism on opponent
Litchi: Daisharin - Manual control of staff using joystick + D button
Arakune: Crimson Deeps - Extends curse duration
Bang: Furinkazan
Carl: Syncro High Speed - Improves Nirvana's strength
Hakumen: Kishin - Increases magatama rate, can cancel D counters into special moves, but cannot perform guard crushes
Tsubaki: Second Install - Install gauge automatically charges over time
Hazama: Jormungand - Strengthens drive attacks, gets life steal ring from Unlimited ver.
Makoto: G.Impact - All Impact moves are done at Level 3
Valkenhayn: Andross(?) Wolf - Quickly accelerates wolf gauge recovery
Platinum: Magical Heart Catch - Removes limit on weapon usage summoned with Drive
Relius: Maximum Dance - Increases Ignis gauge recovery
Amane: Cyclone - All drive attacks are at highest level
Bullet: Heat the Beat - Always in Heat Up state

No. No No No.

I coughed up the dough for CT and CS. Gave those games a chance. Didn't like um.

Shit simply is not my jam.

Wow, was wondering when we'd be getting a true sequel to continuum shift (after it's many variations) and with three new characters no less.

was getting concerned BB was starting to slowly turn into Arcana heart (which i hate) over its predecessor Guilty Gear because they were adding 2 females characters to every 1 new male character each time they tweaked the roster and vowed to quit playing the games if they did it in the third seqel, thankfully they went the opposite way for once and it's starting to look more like GG again, even more so with Azraels design looking reminiscent of Slayer and Johnny.

Also i like Noels new outfit, but kinda disappointed shes the only one so far, Hazama could use a new trollish trench coat.

012.jpg

Badass new Tekken looking guy! = my new main! though could do without the sonic the hedgehog haircolor. than again the series is called BlazBlue. Favorite new character.

009.jpg

Sephiroth and Tifa's lovechild. although the poor girl seems to be suffering from an intense wedgie.

006.jpg

As a trademark, every game should have at least one flamboyant gay guy, and since Jin is only gay for ragna and murderous towards everyone else, this guy gets the job. :p

one of my fav characters Tsubaki gone to the dark side? cool. wonder how her personality would be then. the one she currently has is whateve's but it's forgettable.

about time a BB sequel that's actually a sequel and not another new game with patches. BB series make the Street fight 4 series look good in terms of how many games. i played BB:CT then was happy about BB:CS but was disappointed that it was the same game but with some new characters and new balance system. the BB:CS2 game was a disappointed that it was yet another new game but with new patches. so finally this game seems to actually have new stuff all around like a true sequel should. moves, look, characters, and story.

i don't know how i feel about this game. i sucked at BB:CS, but i had lots of fun with it. i'm interested in seeing more relius gameplay and platinum's back! (my BB:CS mains were; Platinum, Carl, and Tsubaki.)

My body is ready.

Gonna pick up Azrael and Amane because he's so ridiculously FABULOUS it's funny. It's like Arcsys said "Hey, let's roll up every single gay/androgynous stereotype in anime history and turn it into a character".

A picture who seemingly involves Bullet's Drive.

fbj0wk.jpg

It got to involve ranged attacks. Why there would be crosshairs on Jin otherwise?

I... I don't speak japanese... *cries*. (Though I think I've watched too much anime because I kinda understood Noel, more or less my guess is "what's wrong, we're friends, Tsubaki I'll save you.") If somebody who actually speaks it wants to translate please do.

It makes sense that she wouldn't wear her old uniform but I have mixed opinions on Noel's new look. Though Bullet looks kinda badass as does Azreal. I'd appreciate seeing an english language trailer. I love these games, even if I'm shit at them. That said though, I'm a little wary after buying CS, shelling out 70 bucks and then winding up with an obsolete version. Maybe this time I'll wait around until "Chrono Phantasma Redux" or whatever they'll call it launches.

I was shit at BBCT & BBCS but I'll definitely get this one!! The story mode is too good to pass up, I'm kind of mad Tsubaki went to the dark side though but its all good! I'm definitely hype for this one looks nice.

I'll probably be using Amane the most out of the new 3. Except I'll have to use an alt color, I feel like the pink just makes him overly flamboyant.

...Maybe... EX didnt interest me at all since they butchered the system to me. However, if the game truly changed their mechanics from corner combo marathon then ill be down. Taokaka for life xD.

I like Bullet's design. Wish I liked this series but some of the system mechanics kill it for me.

Back