New Character Ideas

Spyrl-9

[08] Mercenary
Does anyone else think of ideas for original, new characters? I realize this is pure fantasy, as such thoughts, most likely, would never make it into a future game. But, imagination is fun...

Perhaps this has been already discussed. If so, forgive me, I am new to the forum and could not easily find this topic.

Here's a few I imagined:

1) Taki's master, Toki, out personally to tie up the loose end she presents where his other pupils have failed (getting killed by the female ninja they were sent to kill). Wielding a ninja strait blade, fighting somewhat like Taki (quick strikes, evades) and holds his blade like Mitsurugi in his mist (blade held face level) stance. And looking kinda' simular to Ryu from Ninja Gaiden.

2) A warrior priestess from an almost savage culture. Scantily clad, tatoos, that sort of thing. Slightly darker skin, not necessarily black. Nightmare (while still Siegfried) slaughtered her village (as he was inclined to do) with her only barely surviving. She regains her health and strength, and is now set on finding and ending the Nightmare -unaware of the events of Soul Calibur III&IV. Her weapon is a savage looking two sided sword (think Darth Maul) and fights like a cross between Kilik (flowing staff twirls as well as direct, weapon end, strikes) and Voldo (a number of turned around attacks and a degree of hard to predict movements).

3) A warrior in the service of the emperor of China. A selfish man who has, for quite a while, lived in the shadow of Hwang and has become bitter toward Korea's hero for it. Banished from the school of Seong Han-myeong (Hwang's teacher and Seong Mi-na's father), he traveled to many neighboring countries, learning their fighting styles and eventually becoming extremely proficient with Chinese hook swords -perhaps the only reason he has come into the employ of the emperor himself. His marriage proposal to Xianghua was refused as she can not stand his unpleasant nature. Watching the events unfold over the years, he has decided to leave the emperors side to prove that he is better than Hwang ever was. He wears a black with white kung-fu-like uniform. He fights like a cross between Cervantes (aggressive 2+ hit combos, "self-propelling" attacks -though more realistic than the Pirate's) and Zasalamel ("hooking" push/pull moves).

4) A new type of golem. Basically Asteroth 2.0, created by the grand priest Kunpaetku (Asteroth's creator) before his untimely demise, and placed in a suspended existance as a "back-up". With the energy surge released with the appearance of Night Terror (or Algol, since III's end story was just dropped), the power of the shards of demon sword within this monstrosity awakened it from it's induced slumber and set it on a heartless quest to collect souls on it's way toward the evil power that set it in motion. It resembles Charade in the fact that it's made up of the same living plates, yet is almost as large as it's axe wielding predecessor. Slightly weaker, yet much faster than Asteroth, it attacks with the hardened plates that make up it's arms and body, mostly punches and grabs, and, while striking, can shift these plates (like Ivy's sword) for an "extended reach" effect (with cetain attacks, not a stance change).

These are the only one's I've started to flesh out. I wouldn't mind a European broadsword (a cross between Seigfried and Raphael), or perhaps a grown Bagoo (Rock's ward) with twin tomahawks...

I would love to hear some of the other ideas out there.

I think I have just fallen in love with a thread. A goddamn shame I'm not creative enough to come up with any of my own. But I love all of these ideas. Well...I am such a whore for anything new that's creative and makes some sense. The twin tomahawks and the hook swords are something I'd love to see.

Agni
Height: 5'08"
Weapon: Bow-Blade
Bio: During a Mughal raid on a village within the Vijayanagar Empire, a woman attempted to flee. A Mughal warrior attacked a woman and cut her womb open, and ripped her child out of her. The sight of the child, whose skin was a ghostly shade of red in contrast to the bright red of the blood that covered him, scared the Mughal warriors into a retreat, sensing a bad omen. The woman had been raped by a mysterious pirate wielding a strange sword 8 months previous.

The child was found by troops of the Empire, lying on the ground in the middle of the village, set ablaze. The baby was not crying, but staring up into the sky with a fierce look in his eyes. The general of the troop was too late to save the village. However, the baby interested him. Why had the Mughals retreated and left this horrifying looking baby. The flames surrounded the baby, and nearly licked him, but they did not touch him. The men salvaged the newborn and the general christened him "Agni," after the god of Fire.

Agni was raised within the Vijayanagar army by the general, and at the age of 18, he became the leader of his own squad. His surrogate father had died by this time, but Agni was in full bloom; he began to lead his Empire's armies into stunning victories over the Mughals. For the next 20 years, the Mughals would begin to fear this man and his bow, which shot flaming arrows. Agni would have been as much of a rallying point for the Hindus of India as he was a terror to the Muslims of India, had it not been for his bloodlust and his brutality. Both sides feared him, as he spared not a single person in his attacks.

At some point in his career, Agni looked up into the sky during one of his campaigns. An evil energy radiated from the north, from the Mughal Empire, or perhaps even China. After this evil energy rained down, Agni felt even more bloodlust, and even more energized. He was determined to have the Mughal Empire on it's knees. However, one day, there was a report of a massive giant slaying a group of pirates at a port near his army. Later on, there came reports of mass unrest in Europe, and that the Muslim Empires to the north were in panic. Agni decided to travel on his own to Europe to discover what was happening. Along the way, he found strange shards of some kind of weapon. These shards felt familiar to him; he collected a few of them, keeping them close. They seemed to energize him even more.

Agni reached Germany, and fought with a mysterious woman wielding a serpent's sword. Evenly matched, he swore that he would find her again; he felt an aura coming from her that was even more similar to the shards, and to himself. Agni relished the thought of killing her and looking at her blood spill on the floor.

Fighting Style:
Agni would wield a bow with blades on either side. In this way, he could be similar to a staff wielding character, except his "staff" would be more comparable to a double-bladed quarter staff. The point of him would be to attack at long range by firing arrows, and then fighting up close with his blades. One of Agni's signature moves would include firing three arrows vertically, hitting high, mid, and low. Another similar attack would be a horizontal version, hitting forward, to the right, and to the left of him (all Highs). His fire arrows, obviously unblockable, are also a signature of his, but he will have a hard time finding a good time to fire them. Agni would also have a nice ability to launch people into the air or crumple them to the ground and shoot them with an arrow for additional damage. He would be good at tech traps, firing three arrows downward and horizontally (to catch enemies teching right or left), or firing three arrows downward and vertically (to catch enemies teching forward or backward).

how about with some characters of the Queens Blade series ??
there are many many good ideas for that ..if ya wanna know what QB is ..just check the Homepage out they are lot of pics etc http://queensblade.net/

Sounds intriguiging. (I told y'all I'm such a whore for new creative shit) but do we really need another Algol with only using arrows instead of bubbles? (Which I find to be the dumbest shit. BUBBLES???)

Alright I got one

It'd be...

a Chubby beaver, named "SAMSON", not "Samson" mind you, "SAAAAAMSOOON!!!", like think Dave Chappelle sayin it with a toothy grin.

He'd learn from the ancient art of complete and total spammy bullshit, aka, kilikirugi, having the fine arts of Samurai and pole dancer, he strips at local bars and clubs for cash that he can contribute to his DAM TO BEAT ALL BEAVER DAMS.

He's a filthy whore that loves to bite during combat, he uses the "beaver tail" whip in order to stun opponents long enough to spread herpes and gangreen.

He stands at Yoda's height, but he has a "spam button", otherwise known as "beaver dance", that has the exact same properties as Kiliks "Asura Dance", except it GI frames are longer, and spray acid that deals 20 damage and crumbles if the opponent decides not to attack

SAAAAMMMSOOOON also has Mitsu's 1A, 2K,B, and of course, Kiliks A+B series.

SAAAMSON CF is where he gets all his beaver buddies, they join together to tear up the damn, and a huge waterfall crushes you into nothingness. DEATH BY BEAVER

GG, no RE

Ruiner

What I'd like to see is someone with Valeria's fighting style. Sure, half her moves were stolen from Tekken, but watching her kick someone with a Zweihander to death was priceless. You could even make her a former disciple of Kilik's destroyed temple or something.

I'd also like to see someone with a spear, not one as long Hilde's, which can be used on its own. Or perhaps a Spartan Hoplite sort of set up, with spear and shield. The other thing on my wishlist is for them to please, please, please put the three-section staff aka the triple staff in the next game.

Alright I got one

It'd be...

a Chubby beaver, named "SAMSON", not "Samson" mind you, "SAAAAAMSOOON!!!", like think Dave Chappelle sayin it with a toothy grin.

He'd learn from the ancient art of complete and total spammy bullshit, aka, kilikirugi, having the fine arts of Samurai and pole dancer, he strips at local bars and clubs for cash that he can contribute to his DAM TO BEAT ALL BEAVER DAMS.

He's a filthy whore that loves to bite during combat, he uses the "beaver tail" whip in order to stun opponents long enough to spread herpes and gangreen.

He stands at Yoda's height, but he has a "spam button", otherwise known as "beaver dance", that has the exact same properties as Kiliks "Asura Dance", except it GI frames are longer, and spray acid that deals 20 damage and crumbles if the opponent decides not to attack

SAAAAMMMSOOOON also has Mitsu's 1A, 2K,B, and of course, Kiliks A+B series.

SAAAMSON CF is where he gets all his beaver buddies, they join together to tear up the damn, and a huge waterfall crushes you into nothingness. DEATH BY BEAVER

GG, no RE

Ruiner

ROFL you have no idea how much that made me laugh. Epic win right here. Id pay for SAAAAAMMMMMSOOOOOOON.

Ok heres my idea for a charcter:

Chuck Norris. He has a stance like yun's crane which auto evades every single attack in the game except for Apprentice's 3A and punishes for 240 hp , as eveyone obviously knows that move is simply too godly to be evaded.

WHY IS NO ONE INTRODUCING A CHARACTER WHO USES A BOOMERANG AS A WEAPON!? HOW MANY TIMES MUST I SUGGEST THIS?
Rant over.

A Musketeer. Make him asian or make him european..either way (dependent more on the "time" than anything so it matches with the real time frame of when each culture had fire arms). I'd say 2 6-pistols, but I know the time frame of the game isn't THAT late (i think??). So just a guy with a musket with a bayonet on the front. He's Use the musket as his "main" attack source with a few special attacks having to do with him actually shoot his gun (always as either an unblockable or a GB type attack).

Genetic Monkey monster thingy-
mights with all melee attacks but it has metal guards on its arms (so it makes sense to be able to block swords and shit..lol.

Or just simply have a character that uses Hung Gar and fights with iron rings around his arms (a good example is if you've ever seen kung-fu hustle...the gay guy in that...). He's be chinese or at least have trained in the art (which is chinese I believe).

His name would either be "wong" "ga" "hung" or "Gunter" (if its Gunter than he is a large German instead of an asian man)

I don't care about his backstory...lol..and he's fight just like his style expect him to fight. Which also means he'd probably have a lot of "special" counter moves that worked like an impact but did damage or at least large stun after connecting correctly. He wouldn't have only maybe 1 unblockable (just cuz everyone has to have At LEAST 1...) and a bunch of GB moves. But again..his main deal would be as a defensive turtle with countering abilities.

So this plague victim dies in a ditch by a road outside a town. He's sick on the road, rich men and simple travelers all pass him without offering any kindness and he dies cursing the world. A demon is created and tasked to collect the essence of souledge. Of course since demons in this game need a vessel and since this guy must travel and investigate amongst humans, he occupies the corpse of the plague victim, his weapons being the plague victims bones which he has broken, refused and regrown into weapons and which for some moves he pops out of their sockets or alters on the fly. Since he's just a demonic grunt you could call him legion. Or maybe in honor of his host, lesion. He dies after a one-shot stint in the game, killed off by some good character with an anti demon beef like Sophi or Taki or by Nightmare himself. And for his battle damage parts of him like his jaw come off, his head spins around that sort of thing.

So this plague victim dies in a ditch by a road outside a town. He's sick on the road, rich men and simple travelers all pass him without offering any kindness and he dies cursing the world. A demon is created and tasked to collect the essence of souledge. Of course since demons in this game need a vessel and since this guy must travel and investigate amongst humans, he occupies the corpse of the plague victim, his weapons being the plague victims bones which he has broken, refused and regrown into weapons and which for some moves he pops out of their sockets or alters on the fly. Since he's just a demonic grunt you could call him legion. Or maybe in honor of his host, lesion. He dies after a one-shot stint in the game, killed off by some good character with an anti demon beef like Sophi or Taki or by Nightmare himself. And for his battle damage parts of him like his jaw come off, his head spins around that sort of thing.

lol....you know...it would be funny if instead of reformed bone weapons...he just beat the fuck out of ppl with a lips arm in one hand (boney hand and arm up to the shoulder...and it bends at the joints.lol) and a small head in the other (I don't know...he could hold the head by the hair and that gives it a little more distance right?) Just say the bones are cursed or something so they are very strong. But I just have this picture of this limp arm being swung at someone's face...I need to sleep...lol

I like that actually gator, I was thinking the less human it looked the better and also how I wanted some element of slapstick about it.

Sounds intriguiging. (I told y'all I'm such a whore for new creative shit) but do we really need another Algol with only using arrows instead of bubbles? (Which I find to be the dumbest shit. BUBBLES???)

This would be completely different from Algol. Algol's bubbles are dangerous because he can vary their speed, and they move slow. Plus, a guy firing arrows from a bow would be much easier to punish.

Most of your ideas are quite far-fetched, but some I could actually see in a sequel.

Seems that more then a few want a character with a Darth Maul like weapon.
I however want to see a style/character very practical and obviously missing. The OP even touched on the type of character; someone with a European broadsword, say a Scotsmen perhaps? We already have a 2 Spaniards, 2 French, 2 German, 1 UsAmerican, 4 Japanese, 3 Koreans, 2 Greek, 3 Chinese, and a bunch of unknown/homelandless.
I think a Scot would fit very well.

I could make some lengthy bio, but I'm not. Sooooooooo...

Height: 5'6
Style: European longsword/self taught
Weapon: Family's broadsword passed down through generations
Immediate family: taken by illness

'He heard more crying in the distance as another one of his clan died to this unknown illness. It had started as soon a the strange metal fragment had been brought into the village, and he had heard of other strange happenings throughout Europe. Unsettled by this he set off to find the source of this curse.

After some time arriving in France he learned that the fragment was a shard of the demonic sword Soul Edge, and that the only way to save his clan would be to destroy this sword.

Turing to Oshinesburg he made his way toward what ever may await him.'

I never said I would not make a bio lol.

Zaira
Height: 5'05"
Weapon: Dagger and Scimitar (Dagger: Halal, Sword: Soul Arbiter)
Bio:
-Zaira's father was a blacksmith, but perhaps even more than that. Zaira was taught the art of blacksmithing at a young age, since her mother died just after she was born, and he did not have another heir. It was fairly unheard of for a woman to take on such a normally, masculine job. Zaira became a very skilled blacksmith, and he even taught her skill with swords and daggers. In spite of being raised for "men's work," he emphasized her femininity by naming her "Rose," and often gave her Purple Roses to wear in her hair. She ran her father's Forge in Cairo when he went to Anatolia to help design new weapons for the Turkish army. Or, at least, that was what he said he would do. She found it strange that he was going to help the Turks, in spite of the vast majority of Egyptians wishing to follow the Mamluks and declare independence from them.

A messenger came back to Zaira stating that her father had disappeared following the appearance of a man wielding a scythe. Furthermore, the messenger had to reveal to Zaira that her father had not gone to Anatolia, but he had gone to Iraq, to investigate the appearance of a massive Tower near where ancient Babylon had been. The messenger also revealed one more truth; that Zaira's father is involved in a group devoted to Soul Calibur and defeating Soul Edge. Her father and his group was going to try to aid Soul Calibur, as he had knowledge in forging a sword that could merge with Calibur, and strengthen it against Edge. However, before he could get ready to forge a new Spirit Sword, he disappeared.

Zaira spent the next month fretting over what to do. She scoured his Forge, searching for clues as to his actual affiliation. Eventually, she found a secret passageway to a small room underneath the Forge. The room was not very suspicious, other than being hidden. She found a few notes on the Spirit Swords, and a few letters of correspondence with her father's colleagues. Zaira then devised a plan. She would forge a Spirit Sword herself, find the man with the scythe, rescue her father, and give the new sword to the wielder of Soul Calibur.

After a two months of forging and researching, Zaira was astonished to see her sword; the blade had a deep, black color but purple tint to it. She raised it to the sky, and then set off to find her father.

Zaira has a "manly" personality. Furthermore, she is slightly comical, and for her entrance taunts, she will often compliment or be bemused at a character on their choice of weapon.

Fighting Style:
-Though she wields a sword and a dagger similar to Cervantes, her fighting style is completely different. She has three, main stances: Scimitar (with Dagger sheathed), Scimitar and Dagger, and Dagger (with Scimitar sheathed). The Scimitar makes her a mid-range fighter, while the dagger makes her a short-range fighter. Her attacks utilize alot of grounded techniques. She's not extraordinarily mobile. Her dagger does double damage to an enemy if their back is turned.

sPaceMaN

Flying through space over the Xaryzxzatiz Empire, a chunk of a sword hits his orbiter. It radiates a strange energy, and he's in a strange new world where people are constantly hitting each other with swords!

He only has his living pressure suit, his wand of immobilizing goo, and his 50 tentacles to find the whole sword, which seems to be his only chance to get back into space.

how about with some characters of the Queens Blade series ??
there are many many good ideas for that ..if ya wanna know what QB is ..just check the Homepage out they are lot of pics etc http://queensblade.net/

uhh god not more half naked ladies with gigantic boobies -_-

I can't think of a name but....

Name: duunno
Ill just call him bob for now...

Story: Bob's father was once a commander in the (sum old ancient word) imperial army. In his career bobs father ordered the death of thousands of innocent people. He eliminated all his enemies and was feared by all. However in their palace bobs father was loving and caring and bob (unaware of what his father was) bob became very fond and proud of him. One day whilst with his army Bob's father approached a small village. The people looked ordinary and Bobs father was about to pass through when his eye caught a beatiful sword. It was yoshimitsu's soul calibur sword and Bob's father ordered his guards to retrieve it from them. Although the villages said it was a prized possession and they would not vie it up. Bobs father laughed and ordered his guards to attack them. Taken by suprise most of the villagers were killed and the few that had a chance to draw weapons were overrun by the huge amount of guards. Bobs father siezed the sword and laughed. He did not know whose it was and what it was but as soon as he grasped it he felt a surge of power. He discarded his old sword smiling, with his new eapon he would be even more powerful....

Meanwhile yoshimitsu returned to the village (the hideout of his clan members). The sight he saw shocked him as many of his most valuable members had been gruesomely killed. Rage consumed yoshimitsu and he also saw his sword was gone. Stuck in the ground he saw a different sword. The was some words engraved into the handle and he instantly knew who was responsible for the destruction. Yoshimitsu vowed to go kill bobs father and put and end to his acts.

When Bobs father was at his home playing with his son Bob yoshimitsu burst through the doors. He had single handedly defeated the palace guard and before Bobs father could react killed him. Bob watched as his father lifeleslly fell to the ground killed by his own sword. He grabbed the soul calibur sword that had once belonged to yoshi and attacked him with it. Yoshi carelessly dodged it reclaimed the sword and flew off. Bob vowed to one day kill the flying man that had killed his father.

After his fathers death his mother remarried and his step father treated him badly (in reality though he was better than his old father) he left before. He left home and joined a group of assasins. They treated him as a normal person and Bobs natural fighting skill was quickly recognised. Away from the watch of his father he soon heard news of what his father had done. He denied what they said and even killed a few that said they hated his father. He was soon a feared member of the group and when he got strong enough he would set off on a quest to the avenge his father and kill the flying man.

Fighting style: This has inspirations from MK and Assasins creed. In one hand under a sleeve he wield a long conceald spike which allows lots of quick close range attacks and impaling attack throws. In the other hand is his long range weapon. A long rope wip thing with a sharp end attacthed to it (like skorpions got). Its used for long range and dragging the opponent in.

His looks are mainly concealed his face is dark and concealed by a hood and he wears mainly robe thingys (bit like altair).

I cbb rereading and his story shud be shortened down but thats my character ive been thinkin about that 4 a while tbh but never thought to make a thread :D

Back