New Soul Calibur V Image & Character Silhouettes

Lest we forget, Raphael was designed AROUND his weapon back in SCII, he is NAMCOs interpretation of the fencer's foil. To me, that means elegance comes first.
That pose looks a tad to steadfast... Or emo... to be a new Raphael, that's me at least =/

I personally dont know if thats Raph and theres a good chance its not, but i have a feeling Raph will be in the game because if you watch Anime he fits a certain "Type" that people who are into Anime and Manga are in to. I'd be pretty shocked if he isnt in Soul Cal 5.

... and what if youre wrong and it isnt Raphael?

Its possible that it is Raph but Raphael fans are dissapointed more if it is not because you tell everyone it is.

The pose looks Raph and the Dracula neck thing looks Raphael but theres also a different style of costume and hair that doesn't look like Raphael.
Characters can change, you know. 17 years...

By now, I do fear that chick is a new Taki successor. To me, that's really sad because Taki has always been one of the most iconic characters in the Soul series and i've been maining her since Soul Blade. Without her it won't feel like Soul Calibur anymore, really.

Taking her out makes me doubt if Daishi is taking the franchise into the right direction with his time skip (that doesn't seem to affect certain characters, so they have an excuse for selectively kicking out others).I also do not see how eliminating fan favourites would be a clever marketing strategy...

Sigh, nostalgia.

By now, I do fear that chick is a new Taki successor. To me, that's really sad because Taki has always been one of the most iconic characters in the Soul series and i've been maining her since Soul Blade. Without her it won't feel like Soul Calibur anymore, really.

Taking her out makes me doubt if Daishi is taking the franchise into the right direction with his time skip (that doesn't seem to affect certain characters, so they have an excuse for selectively kicking out others).I also do not see how eliminating fan favourites would be a clever marketing strategy...

Sigh, nostalgia.

Woah, chill man. I know taki is cool and but she doesn't MAKE the soul caliber series. Her popularity was at its highest peak in Soul caliber 2 but after that gradually died down with the later games. I rarely see anyone play with her nowadays. So as a character I think it is justified for her to be replaced but her fighting style is still amazing and is being kept. That should be enough to make people happy.

Woah, chill man. I know taki is cool and but she doesn't MAKE the soul caliber series. Her popularity was at its highest peak in Soul caliber 2 but after that gradually died down with the later games. I rarely see anyone play with her nowadays. So as a character I think it is justified for her to be replaced but her fighting style is still amazing and is being kept. That should be enough to make people happy.

That's a very subjective topic. you see, I , unlike you, would never misspell "Soul Calibur" because I have been in love with this series for over a decade. Taki has had essentially the same outfit and ATTITUDE in every single iteration. and this can't be amended by giving her moveset to a supposedly unserious jumpy pink poodle who might make both male AND female CAS look ridiculous (but at this point, that is mere speculation).

so please, please, once she is deconfirmed, let me grieve.

That's a very subjective topic. you see, I , unlike you, would never misspell "Soul Calibur" because I have been in love with this series for over a decade. Taki has had essentially the same outfit and ATTITUDE in every single iteration. and this can't be amended by giving her moveset to a supposedly unserious jumpy pink poodle who might make both male AND female CAS look ridiculous (but at this point, that is mere speculation).

so please, please, once she is deconfirmed, let me grieve.

well, for the soul "caliber" thing blame my computer's spell check. I know that team soul purposefully spells it differently. Sophitia has also changed VERY little between games as well as Mits and if someone were an icon for the game then the samurai definitely takes the prize. I know taki was supposed to have some rivalry with him but it didn't last long as her rivalry with Ivy. to me Taki was like raphael. her candle is burning dimmly and is not as cool as she used to be so now it's time to start over. Don't knock the new girl before you even get a chance to see what she's all about. I'm sure Daishi knows that he has pretty big shoes to fill so I'm sure he knows what he's doing. Are you in good hands?

I agree. If it is raph then I hope he resorts back to awesome status like in SC2. I would be okay with whoever this guy is. he just looks awesome period. but this does like like a Raphael. shoes and evil bad guy large collar. european style clothing. its a close one.

Sorry, but with all due respect, your statement is just plain ridiculous. All I can see there is massive nerdrage over the thought that your main may be replaced. And with such a childish remark, you are doing nothing but embarassing yourself.

If you love this series so much, why don't you adapt to change? Why do you assume that Taki will be 'replaced' when NOTHING has been said about a replacement? You're just overreacting.

Sorry, but with all due respect, your statement is just plain ridiculous. All I can see there is massive nerdrage over the thought that your main may be replaced. And with such a childish remark, you are doing nothing but embarassing yourself.

If you love this series so much, why don't you adapt to change? Why do you assume that Taki will be 'replaced' when NOTHING has been said about a replacement? You're just overreacting.
Everyone is overreacting. Don't try to change their minds, they'll flame you. I understand what you are saying though.

I do think, at this point, that it's safe to say Taki is being replaced. A bit of a disappointment, but I'm going to give the new girl a chance.

I'm still hoping the guy is Raphael, but I think it is a new character.

Side note for the whole “calibur” vs “caliber” discussion: as my bro pointed out to me once, “SoulCalibur” is not a bastardization of the word “caliber” meaning quality or gauge, but the word “Excalibur,” as in the legendary sword. It’s not a misspelling, just a misunderstanding on the part of many English-speaking fans of the game.

Can’t believe I never realized that before my brother pointed it out.

No, I hit your point fully on. Raphael could easily have a new haircut and a new costume in 17 years...

So? You miss my point. 2.

You dont have to tell me that it COULD be Raphael. I already agreed it could be.

Read it back. Find out what i first say. Then awnser. The sillouette has not got 100% proof that it is Raphael and you talk like it does. Raphael fans get hope and thats why i asked:

What if it isnt Raphael?

Im more happy thinking it is not Raphael and then find out it is then believe it is Raphael and find out it is not.

When the real drawing is online and we know 100% who it is, THEN discussion becomes ridiculous.

No, I hit your point fully on. Raphael could easily have a new haircut and a new costume in 17 years...

She's saying you're gonna be sad if it ends up not being Raphael.

Personally, I don't think this raggedness fits Raphael...however, it IS just a silouette. And, if they fix Raphael's numerous gameplay problems, they could stick him in a tutu for all I care.

You know after reading most of these forums one thing is always certain to find in each. Someone is too serious on a discussion thread, then gets an angry response, followed by someone taking offense and a sense to defend their original statement, then a pointless argument takes place. It never ceases to amaze me, but anyways on to the topic: I would personal love if it were Raphael but I am not keeping high hopes that it is. As for everyone flipping out about the little blonde girl, it is clear that she is a ninja but NO ONE said it was Taki's replacement so Taki players relax, but hey change in cast will happen so it's best to sit back and watch how everything turns out, and keep in mind that Namco can't please everyone so sorry to bust the bubble on that one, but be prepared to lose some people's mains and favorites......(RIP Raphael T_T haha)

I still think its Raph, but I won't mind if its not. It just 'feels' like him to me (excepting the handedness problem, my guess is a sheathed weapon).

The thing I am absolutely sure of is that its a reveal of a returning character.

If character reveals continues as the trend it has been, this is pic is Raph.

And regarding the new ninja chick, I think Taki players should be more excepting. Least you have a chance to have all your loved moves on a new fresh person. It's really not that bad. Chances are I'm losing Cassandra for Pat and I'm not gonna cry/rage/leave the Series becuase I can't throw her ass into my opponents face...

...so long as Pat has a Tea Bagging move, me and Namco are cool.

Live streams

1 Viewers
FuzzyCatGirl
FuzzyCatGirl
Soul Cal Saturday!!! Get in here!!!
1 Viewers
utube_lilwritten
utube_lilwritten
Welcome to join my stream of gameplay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members