Nightmare Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

throw tech trapping stuff

Honestly, unless your someone like Astaroth who has monstrous damage off of his throws you shouldn't be using throws as a techtrap.

In a few of the instances you listed above you sacrifice guaranteed damage so you can get a 50/50 throw attempt that is easily punished if the opponent doesn't tech, or lays on the ground. Its better to go for the guaranteed "little" damage, than risk a massive whiff or if you guessed correctly and caught them with the throw, have them break it. However, if it works for you then keep using it. Just keep in mind the faults in the strategy.

Honestly, unless your someone like Astaroth who has monstrous damage off of his throws you shouldn't be using throws as a techtrap.

In a few of the instances you listed above you sacrifice guaranteed damage so you can get a 50/50 throw attempt that is easily punished if the opponent doesn't tech, or lays on the ground. Its better to go for the guaranteed "little" damage, than risk a massive whiff or if you guessed correctly and caught them with the throw, have them break it. However, if it works for you then keep using it. Just keep in mind the faults in the strategy.
Yea I know what ur saying I was just listing all traps I know in his tech trap section. There are some juicy ones there that are worth using. FC b+g u only get like 10 extra damage off BT low kick so throw is actually good option here for difference in damage. Either way their there to let others know their options.

I have AIDS at this game and can't consistently connect iagA after GS B. Is this supposed to be buffered or hit confirmed or what? Sometimes I get it sometimes I don't.

I have AIDS at this game and can't consistently connect iagA after GS B. Is this supposed to be buffered or hit confirmed or what? Sometimes I get it sometimes I don't.

Its hit confirmable but I find that you have to time the agA in the tight window between the end of GS B animation and your opponent being too close to the ground for agA to hit.

Disagree. Though Nightmare's throw damage are worse than Rock's; the KD effect and potential momentum shift which the throw gives you, makes throwing still a huge part of his arsenal. So if they tech after that, take yo free damage son!

Its always best to react to or channel your opponent into your gameplan as well. Even if the option is unsafe (i'm talking unsafe, not a stupid option or a shenanigan), you should still do it sometimes as the mere fact that you are doing it, creates something for your opponent to look out for. And when you give your opponent 5 options to look out for; you are messing with his head.

You have to wait. The timing for the aga is later. Of course it's easy to hit confirm, but if you do it to early you will still be in GSB recovery frames. You have to wait until you're completely reset.

Some unlisted stuff.

66B (K) tech trap
B+G W (K) tech trap 2A+B
B+G W GSKBE
3AA Near W/lands on opponents right 33B BE

Can someone be made of win and compile a neat little list of his tech traps? I'm too tired/lazy/busy/alive to go through 11 pages and see what I find.

Can someone be made of win and compile a neat little list of his tech traps? I'm too tired/lazy/busy/alive to go through 11 pages and see what I find.

I did a tech trap guide for NM in SC4. Thinking about doing another for SC5.

Most of SC5 NM's tech traps are a mixture of GS B and 44B after big knockdowns like 2(k), 33bBE, etc. GS B catches left ukemi, 44B catches right. They both hit grounded.

After NSS A+B, 66B catches all ukemi and grounded. It has to be delayed slightly against larger characters.

3B catches all ukemi and grounded on most backturned knockdowns like 33B or 4kBE against a BT opponent, or 2b+kBE on a grounded BT opponent.

In situations where 3B would tech trap, 2(k) is your go-to dead trap. If they don't ukemi but just block, they'll wakeup into an unavoidable 2(k), which gives you the 44b/GS B mixup.

1A will catch all ukemi after big knockdowns like 2(k), but smaller characters can ukemi out of it to NM's right. It also catches all ukemi after CH 6K and hits grounded, though it will sometimes whiff if CH 6K hits a BT opponent.

That's most of them in a nutshell off the top of my head.

DIME's statements sound very general, but there specific situations that applicable.

The 3B techtrap is very specific. After 33BBE 2B+KBE 3B techtraps. After CH NSSK delayed 3B techtraps. After 33B, and after 4KBE hits BT.
2(K) dead traps after 4KBE hits BT and 33B.

In terms of 44B and GS B traps, I think after 2(K) is the most practical, since it has the most applications.

Running K 2(K) techtrap
B+G W 2(K) techtrap
3B NSS aB W 2(K) techtrap
WRB NSS aB 2(K) techtrap
66B 2(K) tech trap-roll escapable but you can option select with GKBE.

B+G W 2 (K) tech trap sounds good. Because if they stay down, you can GS K BE them back onto the wall.... hmmmm.

I haven't looked in here in a while, just want to address some things.

After 33BBE 2B+KBE 3B techtraps.

I've found that the 3B can be teched to NM's right by Pyrrha and NM, which leads me to believe it can be teched by everyone to that side.

Running K 2(K) techtrap
B+G W 2(K) techtrap
3B NSS aB W 2(K) techtrap
WRB NSS aB 2(K) techtrap
66B 2(K) tech trap-roll escapable but you can option select with GKBE.

I really don't know why you're saying 2[K] techtraps here, its a play dead trap or anti-techtrap whatever you want to call it. But its most certainly not a techtrap and would be confusing to people unfamiliar with NM.

I've got new tech for 33B BE which is way better than 33B BE 2B+K BE. More damage and less meter.

Do tell Engared :)

I really don't know why you're saying 2[K] techtraps here, its a play dead trap or anti-techtrap whatever you want to call it. But its most certainly not a techtrap and would be confusing to people unfamiliar with NM.
What the hell are you talking about? Explain yourself.

He's saying 2[K] isn't a tech trap, it's a dead trap.

I've got new tech for 33B BE which is way better than 33B BE 2B+K BE. More damage and less meter.
Oh, hi there. This isn't the MK9 community, if you've got tech, share it with the whole class or don't mention it.

Back