Nightmare General Discussion/Q&A

Her being able to step aGa at will is just icing on the cake. That's not unique to her tho... Just sayin =(

I just discovered that you can actually backstep out of Viola's 44A BE (which you can alternatively step to your right).
This is particularly useful for those pro viola's who know how to cancel the orb rotation (to prevent NM A+B setup), while providing an opportunity for spacing.

Also, I think if you learn to react to her SET orb 6BK by grabbing, it could be useful. Whether she breaks the grab or not doesn't matter because you interrupted her orb regardless. I'm not too sure but depending on how fast you react, you will still be able to grab her even if she uses some TC moves like 1k or 2k.

EDIT: Also, 8AB can be stepped ONLY if her orb hasn't been set yet.

Last edited:
I'll go with dime's 5-5 and others 5-5. Although, im also leaning it slightly towards viola favor. Its a tough one, depends on the players and which one can keep playing each others game the most. If nightmare can space her out with 22A, 6A, 33B glitch, 3AA and his backstep he'll have an easy time managing her but if viola pushes him into the corner or an area where he has to fight upclose and can't utilize his spacing tools then viola has the edge. Not to mention having more higher damage output than nightmare is silly on its own

@DeathInMyEyes What insight could you provide about viola? How do you deal with 6B+K pressure?
I need to beat ninjaguy446 to reclaim my honor Kappa

Also wouldn't 66B+K be useful for 6B+K pressure?

A+B at times has gotten Vi out of my face, but aside from that if you'll probably have to bare the 6B+K ~ 2K, however if you block the 6B+K ~ 3B, I'm sure you can punish with 6K for little bit of breathing room.
6B+K ~ throw is probably what you want, in her pressure game I honestly think this is the gap we're looking for; if you break it you can either step back to get some distance, or if Viola moves forward they'll run into 3AA or 6A. however if you duck it you get a free WR (B)/FC 3B.

other than that, this is a MU where I'll constantly use 22_88A/AA/a6 as well as 22_88B if I'm at mid-range. It's one where I'm forced to constantly move

EDIT***
I'm not sure 66B+K-ing Vi's 6B+K is a good idea, might get air-hit and give a free juggle

A public service announcement: delaying NSS bA after 3B guarantees 2A+B after.

I hate it when 2A+B doesn't connect; it's a really big pet peeve >_>

A public service announcement: delaying NSS bA after 3B guarantees 2A+B after.

I hate it when 2A+B doesn't connect; it's a really big pet peeve >_>
hasn't 2A+B always been like that? if you get that iffy w! or KND 2A+B comes up short of an AT

I always thought that if the opponent hits the wall with their back 2A+B was inconsistent but if they hit with their front it was pretty much guaranteed.

looking at this for a second time, the problem might be NSS b:A, I think you're too close to the wall and NSS b:A just gives a weak w! and the recovery is too slow for you to follow up with anything

I've had similar problems after a 4K BE ~ 3(B) ~ NSS b:A techtrap, depending on where my opponent techs decides if I get a good w!

Oops , for clarity, I meant to say that delaying NSS bA makes a w! That guarantees the AT of a 2a+b.

Im not sure if im saying this correctly, but to put it simply, sometimes if you don't delay the NSSbA and your target is too close to the wall, you'll get that iffy w! That zer0 is talking about. Delaying the NSS bA would make the target hit the wall at a "low" angle which forces the game to register it as a normal, healthy w! since your target is still hitting the wall which guarantees your 2a+b AT.

This is important because this prevents a blocked/whiffed 2a+b

Last edited:
Oops , for clarity, I meant to say that delaying NSS bA makes a w! That guarantees the AT of a 2a+b.

Im not sure if im saying this correctly, but to put it simply, sometimes if you don't delay the NSSbA and your target is too close to the wall, you'll get that iffy w! That zer0 is talking about. Delaying the NSS bA would make the target hit the wall at a "low" angle which forces the game to register it as a normal, healthy w! which guarantees your 2a+b AT.

This is important because this prevents a blocked/whiffed 2a+b

hmm interesting, I'll test that out at some point with 4K BE

Back