Originality

i noticed that too. :D i'm curious how you got it to appear only on one side. i have to do the snake bites on a middle lip piercing. i really like Avana's design too.

Thanks, but the lip thingy is backed into the mouth area but then moved slightly to the right till it popped out on one side of her mouth and not the other. You see some blue when she talks but as long as she shuts up, it looks fine. =)

Thanks again for the ideas you 2.

I'll share something I made yesterday, as it is far more detached from anything I've created so far. Say hello, Taichi.

27390366473577143730.jpg

A rather curious creation, even by my standards. Taichi is the fusion of Ichirou and Tadeo, deceased father's soul and living son's soul/body, both deep rooted with oni blood, melded into a new being ever since the Evil Seed reawakened their roots. For an needlessly longer and more detailed backstory, click the spoiler below.
Miyagi Ichirou was was both respected and feared for his strength and ferocity in battle - he was commonly called "demon soldier", with rumours abound that his might derived from an oni's seed in the bloodline many generations ago. Alas, his repute came to an end as he and his scouting unit were annihilated in an ambush, shipwrecked just off of the shores of Spain. His body was destroyed, but his restless soul remained dormant by the sands.

Ichirou left behind a labouring wife, unable to survive the pains of childbirth in the midst of great poverty. The child survived only to be orphaned, and later picked up as a slave for a number of masters over many years, until he found himself by port in Spain, serving a reputable admiral by the time he grew into adulthood. He was named Tadeo at this time - another temporary label of identity until another master of different tongue came for him.

The catastrophe known as the Evil Seed was felt across the world, but Tadeo did not feel it immediately. Rather, the soul of his father did - the vengeful spirit of the oni reawakened out of the dark energies released by Soul Edge, more powerful than ever. And yet, it lacked a body. Fortunately, for the wrathful soul, the perfect host was mere miles away in the form of his own son. Ichirou's soul invaded Tadeo, transforming both into a single being of power - the wrath of an oni, the art of bloodshed ingrained into the father and the sense and meekness instilled into the son all ran through the veins of this inhuman body.

Over the next 17 years, rumours of a blue-skinned demon walking freely across the lands of Europe reached a number of ears, leaving the estates and bodies of specific renowned figures ripped to shreds in its wake...

Larger photos below:
http://imghunt.org/images/96019759912265546777.jpg
http://imghunt.org/images/81791089657018155532.jpg
http://imghunt.org/images/28327677776301619801.jpg
http://imghunt.org/images/46603761361883750379.jpg

Taichi's fucking (i'm allowed to curse right?) weird....i like it a lot.
Tigerskinned Loincloth's are something most Demon/Ogre-ish characters have right?

Let's see what kind of nightmares my monstrocities incite...

Ibrahim
ibrahimcard.png

Role: deuteragonist(with Pomp)

I was going for a more pragmatic look but still managed to make it fail. I'm finally redesigning him a little bit, but the lack of non-underwear options to go with the haori really sucks. Notable is that he's your cliche dies-in-the-first-chapter kind of protagonist and he's scarred pretty badly from the whole being-brutally-slaughtered-by-an-expert-swordsman dealie.

ibrahimmaskless.png
ibrahimm.png

Pomp
pompcard.png

Role: deuteragonist(with Ibrahim)

While Ibrahim enjoys connecting with people, Pomp...She's got an excuse though. Psychopompos(read: grim reaper) meant to ferry Ibrahim to the whatever lies in the great beyond. Crap happens, she can't fulfill that role, and now refuses to leave his undead ass alone for anything until she can complete her mission. They travel the world looking for the man who killed Ibrahim, he seems to be the key to fixing their issues.

The name is Ibrahim's doing. She's really a nameless, genderless agent of death buuuuut he thought "psychopompos" was too much of a mouthful and started calling her Pomp. Of course she doesn't like it, she's heartless.
pompmug.png
pompnew.png

And one more...

Weiss
weisscard.png

Role: antagonist

Standardized evil white knight dude. I was trying to pull off the "corporate knight" look that I was able to do in SCIV with him, but it really needs a blazer to work :( He killed Ibrahim on the spot over nothing and somehow attacked Pomp when no one should've realized she was even present. He claims his armor and swords(as well as those of his underlings called the White Knights naturally enough) are blessed by the sun god. It's all true.
weissmug.png
weissunmasked.png
weissf.png
weissback.png

M'kay. So how horrible are these now?

Already posted these in my own thread, not noticing this one. Might actually go back and remove these from my other thread, to avoid redundancy. I'm going to skip the exhaustive backstories behind each character, though, since I doubt anyone would be that terribly interested.

Oh, and sorry for the relatively poor quality--I have an XBox and no capture card, so I had to use the old "take a picture of the Teevee screen" method. ^_^

Trynn.jpg
Rubius.jpg
Elreyah.jpg
Kamryn.jpg
Dreshi.jpg

Good work on the others that posted.

I present to you Nix, Goddess of the night, spawner of evil spirits, and blood thirsty demons alike.

(Mind you the pic came out horrific and you can barely see the designs on her coat but whatev)

1330667922195.jpg

1330667961022.jpg

Figured I may as well repost these here, since they are certainly quite relevant.

I would be shocked, honestly, to find anyone who makes characters similar to mine.
img8663n.jpg

img8665z.jpg
img8666v.jpg

img8667q.jpg
img8668b.jpg

img8669i.jpg

img8670q.jpg
img8671ua.jpg

img8672a.jpg

img8673y.jpg
img8674k.jpg

img8675k.jpg

img8677o.jpg

img8678b.jpg

I got a sight beef with making copies of characters from other sources in this game. I had always liked making characters from other games and shows and whatnot in SCIV but in this one I don't really feel interested in it. Part of the fun for me in IV was that you couldn't get it exactly on and had to compromise a bit, and it was fun seeing people with the same characters and seeing who had managed to get closer to the origional with the limited parts they had. In this one the inclusion of patterns makes it so easy to make a near-perfect replica of everything that I've lost interest in that kind of stuff and have only made up custom costumes for main characters and a few origional CaS creations.

it seems like about everyone makes at least one character using those goat legs. zyrusticae, your characters do look really cool and unique.

i have a problem with super buff females. in my opinion that's just nasty. but that's my own preference. i would rater have the female have that soft milky kind of skin. buff looks like a rock. i don't make my males buff either. i don't want a world full of body builders. for the males i put the muscle bar at the very bottom or one up. to me that's more realistic for the setting my characters come from. they are average build. and if they are seasoned warriors that would make them a little bigger but definitely not make them toned. this is Arnold's Conan.

Eh, gotta agree. It's very odd to find people that look like they're on steroids in medieval times. Of course I'm a hypocrite handwaving and excusing the characters I have that are crazily muscular but...uh...Yeah...

BTW, is there anyway to do thumbnails here or would it make more sense to just have text links? I'm really unfamiliar with what format 8WR is using and I'd like to get even more lack of replies from people that could outploay and outdesign me blindfolded on others. Apparently the place I've been sharing my kooky originals is kinda closed off in requiring registration to view them :(

I love the horse legs, except for the fact that they stop at the knees, that makes it look really weird, you'd think they had seen a Satyr before.

Great designs posted above, DarkKoala I really like the pattern and look of Elreyah, I've been trying to make a cool middle eastern-esque character but haven't really succeeded, so I went Egyptian with 'Regal' in the previous post.

Well, from my perspective, anyone who fights in mortal combat had better be fit as fuck, otherwise they have absolutely no chances of surviving in actual combat. But of course, I am super-pragmatic and tend to view things from that lense, as opposed to looking for attractiveness from my (female) characters.

I actually prefer that sort of build because it's very common among olympic athletes, and these people are the epitome of physical fitness on our planet. Not very attractive to most people, I imagine, but for me, badassery is attractive. Diff'rent strokes, an' all that... ;)

I also enjoy the juxtapositioning of sweetness/cuteness over something supremely dangerous, hence Blinder (I have really got to come up with a better name for her) using the youngest-looking and -sounding face and voice available while being arguably the most dangerous out of all my characters. Always beware the cute ones...

Well, from my perspective, anyone who fights in mortal combat had better be fit as fuck, otherwise they have absolutely no chances of surviving in actual combat. But of course, I am super-pragmatic and tend to view things from that lense, as opposed to looking for attractiveness from my (female) characters.

I actually prefer that sort of build because it's very common among olympic athletes, and these people are the epitome of physical fitness on our planet. Not very attractive to most people, I imagine, but for me, badassery is attractive. Diff'rent strokes, an' all that... ;)

I also enjoy the juxtapositioning of sweetness/cuteness over something supremely dangerous, hence Blinder (I have really got to come up with a better name for her) using the youngest-looking and -sounding face and voice available while being arguably the most dangerous out of all my characters. Always beware the cute ones...
i get you. my people come from a more martial arts (skill over bronze) type of background. like Bruce Lee. the dude wasn't super buff. he was just lean. he didn't have toned muscles or anything but he still whooped that a$$ all the time. same thing for chuck noris. all the cheesy jokes aside he's a karate master and he doesn't even have a 4-pack. (back in his prime days. now he has a one pack.) but then again all my characters come from modern to futuristic times anyway so they aren't hardened warriors in a sense of what the romans went through. my people train in skill and mind. not so much on body. seeing that they have everyday lives to go through instead of fighting wars most of their lives.

I like Keytara the most :3 She seems like someone I'd hang out with XD
Zyrusticae, cool color combination on the last one! Blue and orange? I thought that was Naruto stuff XD

The most buff of my characters is on muscle mass 3. Other than him, 0-2 at the most. 4 is just... O.o Who looks like that, really?

Back