Originality

I for sure remember. I remember cause I liked her name.

Faust is bad ass btw.

And I did check your thread out. Just didn't respond, should've, but surely good work.

I did make my own thread but I didn't want to forget this thread so I shall post 2 of my new ones here.

1337053320499.jpg

1337053264655.jpg

1337052969587-Copy.jpg

1337053530514.jpg

I haven't made any real posts here before today, but I've been following the thread for a little while, now. I really appreciate that it gives people a place to post their creations, even when they're not sure they're quite ready for a thread of their own. The original topic is an interesting one, too - since I in particular tend to stay away from recreations whenever possible. It's not so much that I dislike them, mind, but that I just find the idea of bringing an entirely new idea to life more inherently interesting.

And now for a contribution of my own!

jEqnr.jpg

mETfl.jpg

Clarissa's been a bit of a tradition for me. She's one of those characters whose story has been around so long, she's been able to be remade in every edition of Create-a-Soul. It's an interesting thing to think about, because the story has continued to develop and be retouched over time, along with her and her fellow characters.

rev60.jpg

The root of her appearance and personality has remained largely the same - practical, feminine, and capable. As she develops as a character, however, she gains more facets, more details to her personality and conversely her costume. Things like the matching silver details on the boots and gloves, a slight bird motif, and little touches of lace help develop the context of her outfit.

VMKX7.jpg

Amusingly, this actually isn't even one of her outfits from the story itself - I don't currently have the pieces available to me to replicate them. This was something I simply came up with as something that seemed to suit her while playing around with her model. And the fact that I was able to make those connections I mentioned above despite that makes all the time I spent tinkering with this design completely worth it. <3

Back