Originality

These are the kind of women that would love to bring forth destruction and chaos, inspiring countless followers under their command to conquer in their own names. In short, these designs of yours are magnificent! ^.^

Nothing else needs to be said.... m(_ _)m

tumblr_m19mo8DYC21r16w8k.png

So so late but, have you made a thread for your manga, Vincent?

Also, this thread is fading into obscurity... I shan't let that happen! XD
When I get my laptop that will be the first thing I do. I haven't been keeping everyone up to date on the manga like I want to due to me not having my laptop as well and it's really hard to make the thread I want from this IPhone. Trying to post vids in face book and up load them to here

Ok so I deleted the above outfit. I realized I only made it because I wanted a new outfit and never really liked it. Anyways, the new equipment has allowed me to make these!

I give you Nemesis, Goddess of Retribution!

1333689981632.jpg

1333689997961.jpg

1333689433159.jpg

A new Aphrodite outfit!

1333689683283.jpg

1333689702062.jpg

And what show is complete without a few Avan'a outfits. XD

1333689818835.jpg

1333689843049.jpg

1333517219593.jpg

1333688534642.jpg

1333689880974.jpg

1333689290082.jpg

1333690082746.jpg

I like this thread, so I may as well make a contribution...

Her name is Nynette:

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png

Here's the background story for anyone who cares:
Born into poverty and abandoned at birth, Nynette was adopted by an old man who was well versed in martial arts. He taught Nynette everything she knows about fighting and raised her to be independent - to always fend for herself and never to rely on others because ultimately, she is the only person who can realise her dreams. These dreams all revolve around the thought of overthrowing the tyrants in charge of her Elven Providence who have forced her to live the way she does.

One day, Nynette discovers that her bitter sentiments towards the royal family are echoed by another elf named Trysten. With time, she slowly develops feelings for this man, yet she is conflicted by her father's teachings of independence. She fears that if she is to truly open up to him, her affection would be answered with apathy and she would be abandoned yet again.

Not quite ready to post CAS yet, as I just got the game today, but I would like to respond in respects to the topic of the thread. Bare in mind, this might be a long read...

I myself am a hardcore content creator. If a game has an option to create a custom avatar, I probably have or have had it. I and my brother Thr33x (Who posted in this thread around page 23) are prominent figures in the PS3 WWE13 community as far as creating original wrestlers. (We're pretty much #1 and #2 in terms of popularity or our characters.) We also just so happen to be comic AND graphic artists, as well as musicians. Basically...creativity is in our blood. We enjoy making things. ORIGINAL things. I'm not at all against people making renditions of characters from other games or media, but I definitely find more satisfaction in making something original. It's kinda easy to make a Luffy, Squall, or Ichigo...because there's plenty of source material to work from, and plenty of people have done it already. So you can use someone else's design as an archetype and work from there. Making an original character that has the depth and range as the default cast members is far more impressive to me personally. It's pretty much a "to each there own" type of thing, but for me personally, I prefer making either original characters or characters based off myth.

Hey there everybody! Long time no see. It's good to see that this thread hasn't been forgotten. I'm sorry for not posting in quite a while but I've been rather busy as of lately. But I'm back to post some of my characters. I've got three new ones to show off to you guys.

King Malco Arterias III (King of Lorran):
kingmalcoarteriasiii.jpg
malcoback.jpg
malcoface.jpg
malcostanding.jpg

Executioner Glutton (A wanted mass murderer and cannibal):
gluttontheexecutioner.jpg
gluttonstand.jpg
gluttonface.jpg

Andras the Fallen (A knight from the neighboring country of Noveras who has lost his honor):
andrasthefallen.jpg
andrasstanding.jpg
andrasfailure.jpg
andrasface.jpg

Well there they are. Tell me guys what you think of them.

The sticker on King Malco blends unusually well with his attire.
And Glutton? A psychopath cannibal bedecked in purple? *shriek*
As for Andras, I applaud the stylish use of the butterfly sallet on a man but the details are drowned out in the black ;)
Cool stuff, Aeon ^_^

The sticker on King Malco blends unusually well with his attire.
And Glutton? A psychopath cannibal bedecked in purple? *shriek*
As for Andras, I applaud the stylish use of the butterfly sallet on a man but the details are drowned out in the black ;)
Cool stuff, Aeon ^_^

Why thank you Kira. I think I did rather well with this cast of characters.

Yeah that sticker is probably one of my favorite little details about Malco. If you noticed, I've used it on Leon and his Dad Aaron. I'm kind of making it the symbol for Lorran in my story.

Glutton's a new personal favorite of mine. Shame there isn't a voice in the game that doesn't talk and relies on grunting and screaming otherwise he'd be perfect.

And as for Andras he's actually a bit inspired by the guy in my Avatar. The color is actually more of an extremely dark blue. But due to the fact that I have to use my camera in order to take the picture it came out looking darker.

I stand in a weird corner when it comes to originality in SCV. I believe that as good as the customization system is, a CAS character will never compare to an original character in terms of appearance (and I have never seen one that does), so I only make outfits for existing characters (outfits that to my eyes look like they can stand next to default outfits and not look outwardly out of place; i.e. no polarizingly bright colors or aggressive clipping).​
And I agree with the people who aren't the biggest fans of remaking characters from other media. I mean, the parts and faces you have are never going to look exactly like that character's, so it seems pointless, to me personally, to make something that looks only vaguely similar I don't see in a problem in creating an outfit or character inspired by a character from other media, though.​

I stand in a weird corner when it comes to originality in SCV. I believe that as good as the customization system is, a CAS character will never compare to an original character in terms of appearance (and I have never seen one that does), so I only make outfits for existing characters (outfits that to my eyes look like they can stand next to default outfits and not look outwardly out of place; i.e. no polarizingly bright colors or aggressive clipping).​
And I agree with the people who aren't the biggest fans of remaking characters from other media. I mean, the parts and faces you have are never going to look exactly like that character's, so it seems pointless, to me personally, to make something that looks only vaguely similar I don't see in a problem in creating an outfit or character inspired by a character from other media, though.​

Idk about you, but my original "Viola" character looks just as good as anything on the current roster.

Awesome, post her! (too lazy to look back through 38 pages)​
dude. she's on the upper portion of this page. i think that with your statement about original characters you haven't looked through peoples work to see that there are some original CaS characters that look better than the roster characters. the fact that you can make an original caS look like a roster character further proves this. it's very easy to make a Natsu look alike. you just got to look around with an open mind so people can put those explosives in it and let it be BLOWN!

Back