[10] Knight
What do you use while playing Soul Caliber IV on the PS3 or the 360

On the PS3, I use

PS2 Saturn Controller with the Real Converter
USB Saturn Controller
SNES Controller with the Super Smart Joy

on the 360

360 Pad :(

I can use a PS3 pad, but I prefer to use my SC2 modded Hori's. I have a wireless PS3 one, and a wired PS2/360 stick with a Pelican adapter. Going to drop the wireless on the other one and make it a dual pcb stick as well.

i use the regular 360 controller except i sanded the sides so its somewhat good.
anything i need to know before i do this or do i just get stuck in?

edit: ok sanded a mill off the sides of d-pad, hmm slightly better

I use a modified PS3 controller, I kinda took it apart and attempted to reinforce it a bit, and make it heavier....

Still not as sturdy as a 360 controller, but at least it doesn't shatter from a good squeeze.

And for the 360, well, I use a 360 controller.

I don't use sticks because I couldn't use one to save my life xD

i use a standard 360 pad and play with the analog stick. the d-pad sucks but its not that bad on the analog.

I play on stick because that's what I am used to, although I find it a little awkward for some things in SC4. I just started playing and I find it kind of awkward to hold down guard on a stick for some reason, while on pad its pretty easy. I come from a 2D fighter background where I always played those on sticks.

I use a PS-3 pad. Sort of wish I could use a stick, but I also don't really feel like buying a stick for one game.

I can't ever use a stick. It feels so awkward, so unnatural. I'm much more comfortable with the 360 pad, even if I can hardly pull of JFs and button rolls.

I played SC2 on GCN pad and stick. Since then, I've stuck with stick. In fact, I can't really use a pad more.

i use a standard 360 pad and play with the analog stick. the d-pad sucks but its not that bad on the analog.

The D-Pad seems fine on a 360 pad to me. Infact I find it a bit better then the PS3 D-Pad. And plus its easier to tap with the D-Pad, its hell to try and tap on an Analog Stick.

Anyway, I just use a regular PS3 pad to play. I'm trying to save up for a cheap joystick though. =]

Controller, even though everyone says my characters would be a lot easier on the stick.

I retract my previous statement as I now play pad. Maybe its because my sticks have been on the down as of late. My execution in 2d games is just as crappy on both while my execution in sc has been much better on pad.

Back