Persona 4 Arena

Shadow Labrys is hard to play, Aigia too. Mitsuru is probably the easiest, especially if you had prior charge training in other fighting games.
thx for the response=)
Ya know i dont wanna pick a character cause of easy learn curve..loved mitsuru/Aegis since P3...and Shabrys looks really fun.
Cant wait till the end of month...why am i living in europe dammit !
There is one thing i dont get...amazon says.
UK version is coming out August 31th and the German version September 7th!?
I mean, the UK version is pal..so where is the difference?

This game is far easier than BB. Both in it's basic mechanics and advanced mechanics. That was the idea. Im not saying it's better or worse, i mean i love both games so far, it's just different and more straight forward.

It really isn't. Unfortunately, the only thing that P4A does simpler than BB is in inputs by removing half-circle, 360s, and dragon-punch motions. Everything else in P4A is just as complex (and perhaps more overt) as Blazblue, maybe more so.

Blazblue doesn't have status ailments, whereas P4A does. There's no confusion, silence, paralysis, poison, charm, rage, or freeze ailment in BB (at least for freeze, not anymore). Blazblue doesn't have a manual aerial face-switch or air turn (jump A+C). Blazblue only has two types of bursts, where as P4A has three. And only one character in Blazblue has EX-style specials, whereas the entire cast in P4A has at least one.

Yeah, P4A is easier because there's less joystick inputs, but there's a lot more button combinations that are rather required for many combos or usage of certain universals. P4A also has much tighter windows for combo inputs compared to the modern BB games (thanks to universal gatlings) compared to P4A. BB does have a lot of different systems and nuance, yes, but its all undercurrent - not really necessary to truly understand or use everything offered in the game to play well, or to play specific characters. Unlike P4A where you do need to know that you can only short-hop while under the effects of paralysis. Or you that you can't use your C and D abilities while under the effects of silence. Or that whenever you use your R-Action it temporarily depletes your health. There's no Awakening specific abilities in Blazblue, either.

So no, P4A isn't more straightforward in basic or advanced mechanics. There are far more overt mechanics that players need to learn and pay attention to in P4A than in BB.

Everything i just read doesn't actually equate to P4A being more difficult or more complex than BB, just different. Most of these are general game mechanics and half of this isn't guaranteed at all, such as the difficulty to do combos. That's all on the player, not the game. I have all of Akihiko's best combos known right now down and it's been out a week. It was far more difficult to learn Bangs in BB and still is, but that's just me.
There's also poison in BB lol
The kinds of bursts don't matter if you use them all the same. The only difference is you get all your meter in P4 as a trade off of a high damage combo in BB. Otherwise the other two are the same.
P4 only has a turn around system because they tried their best to remove standard ST style crossups and didn't want to give characters command moves that hit behind then, it was just a choice.
Hazama can turn in the air (not actually part of the discussion lol)

And i've said this before, MORE systems and MORE moves do NOT make a game more in depth at all. It's about how you apply them. and for P4 right now, it's not all that expansive.

Who cares if it's harder or easier? Just play because you enjoy it. BB is my favorite 2D game right nowbut that doesn't. Keep me from enjoying P4.

Now, does anyone have a bunch of Aegis stuff I can look over? Chie's is way too easy and Naoto doesn't fit my style...but I'm in love with this robot chick!

Elizabeth is like the most trolliest bitch I ever came across in a FG ever. It's almost Slayer level of trolling I kinda wanna pick her up aside from Mitsuru but her combos are bonkers hard for me. :(

Also why do I feel so dirty playing Mitsuru when I win? I was getting whooped on in a lobby today for about a hour then shitting on kids for 2 hour straight with her mashing DP and 2A all day. Damn I need to learn combos and setups.

Elizabeth is like the most trolliest bitch I ever came across in a FG ever. It's almost Slayer level of trolling I kinda wanna pick her up aside from Mitsuru but her combos are bonkers hard for me. :(
Liz is best when in full "Mags-chan" mode spamming "Disruptor-desu" from full screen.

i finally got this game, wooooo! but one other person on my XBL list is playing it :c

Maining Yukiko for now. Is anyone else here using her?

Also why do I feel so dirty playing Mitsuru when I win? I was getting whooped on in a lobby today for about a hour then shitting on kids for 2 hour straight with her mashing DP and 2A all day. Damn I need to learn combos and setups.

On counter hit Mitsuru's charge back-forward is both a combo ender and a combo starter. A lot of players say she's one of the best characters in the game.

am i the only person that plays Labrys? I literally see noooo one else even touch the girl. feel sorry for her. was set on maining Chie before the game came out but she is waaay too noob friendly and found myself spamming simple moves on people for a lot of damage. but then again this game seems to adhere to the new 2D fighter players anyway. or is that just me?

Her and Aegis are currently the highest on the list lol.

Didn't know Aigis was up there, though I've seen some pretty flashy play from good players out there.

am i the only person that plays Labrys? I literally see noooo one else even touch the girl. feel sorry for her. was set on maining Chie before the game came out but she is waaay too noob friendly and found myself spamming simple moves on people for a lot of damage. but then again this game seems to adhere to the new 2D fighter players anyway. or is that just me?

I play Labrys. I don't know many good combos for her, so most of the time I end up doing combos that lead into her 2B launcher and typical air combo. I honestly find Chie a lot harder to play, but she also seems to have a greater variety of attacks and combos over Labrys. Chie's persona is leagues better than Labrys', kind of a shame really.

I play Labrys. I don't know many good combos for her, so most of the time I end up doing combos that lead into her 2B launcher and typical air combo. I honestly find Chie a lot harder to play, but she also seems to have a greater variety of attacks and combos over Labrys. Chie's persona is leagues better than Labrys', kind of a shame really.
which labrys? the regular one? that persona is really good. it allows for reset combos and super massive damage if that ax is on red heat with specials. i like labrys the most. Chie's persona is more of a combo ender except for that pinwheel one. that one is nice. especially in the last combo challenge i think.

I sold mine cause in reality... the game bored me after awhile and thats after 200 matches. Just something didnt click for me like how BB clicked for me. Good game but I guess i set my expectations a bit too high xD

Got the game, but I started on Story mode, so I've only got to play like 4 fights in 2 hours. This game has Metal Gear Solid 4 gameplay to non-gameplay/cutscene ratio.

So far I've only played with Yosuke. I was going to ask about choosing a character, but I suppose I should just play them all and see who clicks.

I sold mine cause in reality... the game bored me after awhile and thats after 200 matches. Just something didnt click for me like how BB clicked for me. Good game but I guess i set my expectations a bit too high xD
In reality that's hitting me too. But as a competitive player i still enjoy it so im still playing.

Back