Persona 4 Arena

I think this is the best fighting game since the PS2 era. lol
I couldn't agree more.

Anyway, out of boredom, I tried Ranked online. So far, I reached E+ rank. I also gained a training partner.

Guess maining Yu has paid off, after all. However, any tips against Akihiko?

I couldn't agree more.

Anyway, out of boredom, I tried Ranked online. So far, I reached E+ rank. I also gained a training partner.

Guess maining Yu has paid off, after all. However, any tips against Akihiko?
Uh hit him. You're match against him is in your favor. Your normals beat hit, don't make bad decisions like doing DPs over and over and he has little answer for Yu's rushdown.

So is this game worth getting then? I was watching people play it on stream and it didn't look that entertaining I mean I imagine it's fun if you're playing it but SC seems more fun.

I've been enjoying it. Then again, I havent played it too much. It sounds like people that played 200+ matches within the first day of owning the game got burnt out on it. I didnt do that though. The story mode is actually pretty engrossing, even having never played any of the previous games.

I've been enjoying it. Then again, I havent played it too much. It sounds like people that played 200+ matches within the first day of owning the game got burnt out on it. .
People need to get off online and start playing the game at community events and tournaments. That's where the real scene (and the best comp) is.

People need to get off online and start playing the game at community events and tournaments. That's where the real scene (and the best comp) is.

well true but then you will get flooded with a bunch of mitsuru spam xD. Make sense cause you use the best to win but seeing mitsuru so much could kill the game for some xD.

Not everyone offline plays Mitsuru. If you check out the SBO stats we actually have a decent spread among the upper tiers. Same is true of the US scene - heck, FC|ChrisG plays Elizabeth of all people.

Also, the game is more balanced than most casuals think. Mitsuru only has 2 truly advantageous (7:3) matchups. The rest are 6:4 and she has a couple of 4:6s (Teddie, Aigis).

Oh i know but to some people who would want to go in the scene im saying will be discouraged of the waves of mitsuru's they will have to fight xD. It's not a bad game as i would get it again when it is probably 20 but as of now it isnt prioritizing tekken atm. I do like Yu narukami in the game tho.

Yeah, but there's no P4A community events where I live. :(

But hey, anyone in for a week-end lobby of P4A?

OK..here a question @ all!
amazon and playasia(and some other sites) still saying it will come out 31th august...what should i believe??
Ive pre-ordered the Uk version...
Want that game..but i dont wanna wait till december, cause they say that the german version will be out on ! December!
Would be great if someone can give me a good response.

You can put that on hold, right?

I can, every now and then, I'll be practicing my BnBs and stuff I haven't learned with my character yet. Just send me a message if you wanna play. I'll be mostly on at night during Thursdays to weekends.

Also, just curious, I'm hearing that there are more Liz players online. Is that true?

Anyway, who uses Yu?

I use Yu - as I mentioned some pages ago.

If you're looking for combos, I can't really give you much, outside of two really basic combos.

Basically, 2B > 5B > 5C > 214D is arguably the simplest combo to work with and probably the most damage basic one he's got for ground combos. Nice thing about it, is that it starts off with Yu's anti-air and can gatling into his 5C for air combos if you catch your opponent in the air with 2B.

Outside of that, the air combo I know of is Raging Lion B > 5B > 5C > j.C > j.C > Risky Gamble > 236236C. Easily puts out 3k with 50 meter. Problem is getting Raging Lion to connect. You'll have to pressure with 5D's low to mix up with Raging Lion B's overhead to get the combo in. Once you start learning how to pressure well with Yu, it'll be a bit easier to launch and fire off that air combo.

Beyond that, the first combo - the basic ground combo I mentioned - can be canceled into Cross Slash during Awakenings on the last hit of 214D. You can also cancel into Ziodyne (236236C) whenever you have 50 meter.

I recommend mixing up basic low-ball damage combos by finishing off with sweeps to pressure with 5D trying to get counter hits off Raging Lion A and B for damage. If you're stuck at a distance or someone wants to play projectiles, Yu's got a nasty 236C projectile that's fast and can be spammed. If you need to, you can EX it for paralysis on hit and power through other projectiles.

Beyond that, can't really give you much info. I haven't played online so I don't what the typical combo likes to mess with yet. Mostly just practicing till I feel comfortable performing the two combos I know of. I know there's a way to end off an air combo with Raging Lion A, but for some reason I can never get j.C to come out so I can get 214A to work.

Back