Players you no longer see anymore

If people are hex-editing, it's obvious Project Soul needs to further expand CaS with more categories of clothing (i.e upper arm, lower arm, top undergarment, bottom undergarment, etc.).

I definitely agree. However, there's a lot of people who wants nude displays... so people modding and hex-editing will likely never stop lol.

SamEJIV: I've mostly heard things about Sam from kenhowe and TANHAUSSER1. From how I knew TAN from back in SCIV, he was the most deadly Apprentice online. TAN told me that his Apprentice triumphs over OOFMATIC's Apprentice. TANHAUSSER1 also told me that his only nemesis that used The Apprentice was SamEJIV. I thought to myself "Wow." An Apprentice that is even tougher than TANHAUSSER1? TAN also said Sam was a turtler too lol. For the longest time I couldn't even catch SamEJIV to play some matches with him. Then one day he just happened to be hosting a room. If anything, his Apprentice was very predictable... but he still beat both me and Saion89 like it was just meant to happen. I thought to myself, maybe he's just holding back. After about 10 or 12 more matches, I was convinced that's REALLY the way he plays and... how can he possibly be better than TAN?

I was there when TAN and Sam battled it out one last time with The Apprentice and TAN won. I never really did ask SamEJIV as many questions as I would have liked to but I do believe that there was a point that SamEJIV was definitely one of the most feared players especially considering all of the knowledge he shared of how to use certain combos for The Apprentice that he posted here on 8wayrun. In fact, whenever I would see a video of some of the pro players having matches, they were always in a Chat room that was hosted by SamEJIV. During the times of SoulCalibur V. I would see him as a Tira player. But I think he quit the game entirely a few weeks after playing it. I never seen him again after that. Maybe he's under a different profile name. I'd like to think that it's Dakota_Racine known for that awesome Tira lol. But I doubt that even SamEJIV would be at that level and I definitely would be excited if he were to actually make a comeback :D

Last edited:
Back when I was new I used to play a Natsu main called Airwalker, he said he was like the top US Natsu and won all the tournaments. I grinded hard for two years, started to kick his arse and then he quit. He said there was no point playing anymore, not sure how much me beating him affected him (if at all).

I would like to think someone wouldn't quit just because someone else using their character got to the point where they surpassed them, but I don't know, maybe some people really take that sort of thing to heart? I wonder if he still visits 8WR.

I just played Sakura_Kitsune at SC5 and I actually pissed him off. The connection was spotty before each match, but it fixed itself consistently. Anyways, long story short, I use Leixia and Sakura uses Elysium. I low crush him a few times and barely win the 1st round. Second round, I JG him a few times and punish accordingly with a RO. 2-0 and it starts to creepily lag (which fixes itself). He comments on how it's laggy. Again, it isn't the matches, but right before the rounds start. He kinda gives up and then ragequits. He then whines and complains on how I "need to get good" when I was legitimately beating the crap out of him. He then proceeds to be more standoffish and rude saying he could practically demolish me offline (which he should have kept to himself). Plus, he assumes as if I'm going to Summer Jam, which I can't because of a future high school reunion and nursing-related stuff.

I respond by acknowledging that he's good, but his attitude is just crappy. Like CaptainBoomz mentioned earlier in this thread, Sakura_Kitsune is NOT nice.

Also, the funny thing is that his room said "I hate noobs."

Seriously, shut the fuck up.

I just played Sakura_Kitsune at SC5 and I actually pissed him off. The connection was spotty before each match, but it fixed itself consistently. Anyways, long story short, I use Leixia and Sakura uses Elysium. I low crush him a few times and barely win the 1st round. Second round, I JG him a few times and punish accordingly with a RO. 2-0 and it starts to creepily lag (which fixes itself). He comments on how it's laggy. Again, it isn't the matches, but right before the rounds start. He kinda gives up and then ragequits. He then whines and complains on how I "need to get good" when I was legitimately beating the crap out of him. He then proceeds to be more standoffish and rude saying he could practically demolish me offline (which he should have kept to himself). Plus, he assumes as if I'm going to Summer Jam, which I can't because of a future high school reunion and nursing-related stuff.

I respond by acknowledging that he's good, but his attitude is just crappy. Like CaptainBoomz mentioned earlier in this thread, Sakura_Kitsune is NOT nice.

For a minute, I thought I was the only one who Sakura_Kitsune gave crap to. Lots of other players seem to think he's nice. Maybe he is nice offline when you're battling him in person. Wouldn't be too smart not to be. It's only a matter of time before Sakura_Kitsune makes the list of worst players online in SoulCalibur V.

Dang this is a cool thread, didn't expect to see my name in it lol, I was gone for a few months and now I'm back, if you would like to play some games but im only on XBL

I got almost exactly the same shit from him.

Also not especially good.

draconoir: I've mentioned him already but this is my longer version. I've first learned about draconoir through a player named ErgoPhoenix. He said that draconoir is one of the players he could not defeat. When I first spoke to draconoir, he was wondering if I lived near Canada. It immediately came to me that draconoir was one of those players who pays great focus to the receptions that players would have online. I remember the moment after he totally wrecked me, I said to him that ErgoPhoenix sent me and I also asked him how well did I do. Then draconoir said "Do you want a direct answer?" From that point I was immediately thinking that he was going to say that I suck. So I kinda went ahead and said it for him. "I suck right?" Then draconoir said "No. You just need training."

There are two things that I remember VERY SHARPLY about draconoir. The first thing is that he was full of advice which has all been very helpful to me as I was getting better. It was personally from draconoir that let me in to the idea of starting off with only using ONE character and learning that character for a good time. This is the advice that I pass on to newer players to this day. The second thing is HIS character. He always used Xianghua in SCIV and also Leixia in SCV but it was always the same custom character that went under the name Paine. She looked like this.
upload_2016-6-19_12-21-41.png

I've also discovered that draconoir also played a number of RPG games one of which I've met his character Paine in. For awhile I've been thinking. What is Paine from exactly? There was only one other female character I could think of that went by that name from a Final Fantasy game but her name was spelled Payne. Maybe that's just his dream girl... I never found out. One thing for certain is that there was a thread that listed the top 10 players to challenge online and draconoir was always one of them. However, his appearance became more rare during the times of SCV but as usual, Paine was always there lol. draconoir just loves her. I remember I tried to tease draconoir by making the exact same female character but instead of calling her Paine, I called her draconoir :D He said he really liked it. To be honest, I think the real reason why I decided to make that character was because I really admired him. draconoir definitely wasn't much for chit chat especially for someone like me lol. He was actually on my friends list for a time. Then one day I couldn't find him on the list. But then shortly after that, I've learned a very important lesson. The best person to admire is yourself for what YOU can do. As you can see, I can write a whole story about players I've seen, still see and haven't seen in awhile. Although I do a LOT more than that these days :D

One thing I can suspect is that NO ONE is going to write a story about me. So you might ask why am I even writing stories about players I've known in the first place? Well there's several different answers to that. One of them being that I hold SoulCalibur Online in very high regards which includes all of the good games and good times I've had with players. Another thing is, it's part of who I am. What I'm currently doing in my life is writing scripts and rehearsing for videos that I upload on my YouTube channel. This could be a way of practice. Besides... What stories are better than the ones that YOU are involved in? And if there are such stories, who is going to tell them? and who is going to write them? This is something that you can NEVER be unqualified for. Good games and farewell draconoir :)

Last edited:
Who was it that said that Face Number 2 of the Female CAS is over-used? I am still geeked out about how true that is lol. That's actually the number one most used. Number 2 and Face 11. Let me put it in order.

1: Face Number 2
2: Face Number 11
3: Face Number 1
4: Face Number 3
5: Face Number 4
6: Face Number 10
7: Face Number 6 (My Favorite)
8: Face Number 7
9: Face Number 9
10: Face Number 8
11: Face Number 5

Trust me, when it comes to players creating female characters in SCV, Face number 2 and 11 are definitely the most used.

Also I don't see DeathInMyEyes anymore.

Last edited:
Some more names came to me.

el_magnifico2702: I think he was a spanish guy. But he had a decent Maxi.

BustaCappa: I've played him before. Forgot who he used.

Lil_NATE1: He was another Darth Vader player in SCIV. My Apprentice always clashed him out. He was really good though.

DangerousLizard: I've played him before. I forgot how it went.

Criminahull: A tough Ivy.

SavageRampage: Definitely played him before.

FiNAL-LiFe-G: In SCIV, I remember him using Lizardman a lot. Then in SCV he used Nightmare. Against me he used ZWEI. My Dampierre was able to win some.

S-I-N-I-S-T-E-R1: Played him before.

sephalump: Played him before.

Kietsero: Very tough player. I think he used Tira.

I-I-_I-_-I-I: Weird name but he had an INSANE Nightmare.

WraitHtiar: He had a good Mitsu.

Jaxelrod: I've heard about him. I think he was a Talim player.

hardwar: I definitely remember this guy. He used Yoshi on me a lot.

Bankai22: Played him before: He used Zasalamel if I remember correctly.

LYTC: Played him before. He used Xianghua against me a lot.

Maximus1-: I definitely remember him. Last time I played him, he kicked me out.

LORD-AIZEN1: He was a good friend of mine. If only he looked at where it says "About me" on my old CaptainBoomz03 profile, he could find me today.

Tae-Kahn: A tough player. I think he used Tira. Not sure.

Sephiroth629: Seems familiar.

xPUNCHBAGx: Lol I DEFINITELY remember this guy. Guy always boasted at me about his Kilik. He was tough as first but then I started beating him to the point where he began raging at me all the time.

BEN-SEGALS: This guy used to kick me out a lot.

StratiGi: He mostly played special matches in SCIV. He was overall good though.

kjack10: He had a very slick Amy in SCIV. I forgot who he used in SCV.

Back