Project Soul wants to know your favorite characters!

• Admin
Early this morning, the SoulCalibur Facebook page opened a poll to see who are the fan favorite characters in the series. The list seemed to have every playable SoulCalibur character in the list to choose from. The only ones I didn't see when I was skimming were the bonus characters introduced in SCIII and SCIV.

Considering that the vote includes Lost Swords character, then it is safe to say that this is for a future SoulCalibur VI character roster. Please note that this is not a confirmation for a SoulCalibur VI. It is only speculation on my part. If you would like to have your voice to be heard, then you should get on your Facebook account and follow the directions in the spoiler below.

VOTE FOR THE FUTURE OF SOULCALIBUR

Calling all SoulCalibur Fans! Project Soul would like to hear your voice.

They need to determine precisely who are the favorite characters of the community!
Beware, you can vote only once so choose carefully and wisely.
You still have time to think about it as this survey will last until May 31st.

PC users:
http://bnent.eu/SCSurvey

Mobile users:
http://bnent.eu/SCSurveyMobile

Project Soul is probably preparing something huge... Stay tuned and spread the news! Thank you.

#SCSURVEY #SOULCALIBUR

Be VERY CAREFUL when filling out the information before voting. The form allowed me to manually fill in my information, but messed around to see if I could skip the email part and move on. I figured out the hard way that once you are done with the first name, last name, and email part, you are then locked out from editing it altogether. I ended up borrowing my Mom's Facebook just so that I could finally get my vote in. However, when I used her account it auto-filled her information for whatever reason. All of that was a pain for me, but the voting part was easy.

You can only vote for one character when you do this. All you have to do is click the heart when you're hovering over the picture and that will count as a single vote. Who did you vote for? Comment and let us know who you want in the next SoulCalibur game!

Last edited:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
But there is something written about a fighting/wrestling game..

SC is NO wrestling for sure. Even tekken doesn´t fit to that description and that is much closer to a wrestling game than SoulCalibur...

Oh well, one week to go....

But there is something written about a fighting/wrestling game..

SC is NO wrestling for sure. Even tekken doesn´t fit to that description and that is much closer to a wrestling game than SoulCalibur...

Oh well, one week to go....

They lump fighting and wrestling games into the same category. It's an either/or deal.

Jeromeice does have a point.Dark Souls isn't a fighting/wrestling game.
So yea,there's still a big chance of SCVI being announced at E3.
keep-calm-only-9-days-left-2.png

Imagine this folks:

Soulcalibur: Lost Swords II! Basically the same game as before but on next-gen consoles. Comes with some more fan-favorite characters (ie Talim), and even more perverted customization options for the ladies. Coming 2015.
You deserve to be hit hard for giving that idea. But you also get a free cookie because it has more chances of happening that SCVI.

Honestly, I don't want it to be SCVI. I think Namdai Banco should just use this opportunity to do what they did with Tekken and just make a dream match game. Call it Shining Soul Calibur or something.

Have the basic plot be that Patroklos gets trapped in Astral Chaos when Ivy sent him back in time to fix everything. Turns out Astral Chaos is actually the life force of Soul Edge, and Patroklos can relive Soul Edge's memories to find a weakness to destroy it. Now you have an excuse to bring everyone back without messing with the canon, and can even throw in some real gnarly shit like playable Xianglian, or Gel-o-Fury, or Human Aeon or Edge Master with that longsword we always see him with. Maybe even a return of Team Battle or Tag Battle?

More importantly, it would give the writers time to unfuck the story. Let's be honest, SCIV showed that they have no idea where to go with this series anymore. It was built up to be this big climax where everything came to an end, and then the sequel happened.

Honestly, I think all of the odd shit that's been going on with Soul Calibur lately is a result of Namdai double-downing on Tekken as the go-to IP. Not that anything's wrong with that, but a lot of shit fell through the cracks because of that. Lost Swords is garbage, SCIIHD is garbage, SCIV and SCV both are serviceable, but lackluster games. And no mention of SCIIIAE anywhere.

I don't want to say that Bamco doesn't care about the Soul Series anymore, but it's future is questionable at best. Here's to hoping that something good comes from that poll.

Nicely written sir :) The Tag/Team idea is awesome with all the old characters from Soul Edge or Soul Calibur era with some new one ( but without chars from newer games ) I would like to see Toki, Bangoo, son of Algol, Hilde's father, another Manji clan member, Setsuka's master in game.

I think cool idea would be some meter wchich changes the power and image of characters through fight. Multitiered stages with breakable walls, trees, rocks, doors. I have so many ideas. And weapons I would like to see them introduce in next SC title are: Sai daggers, huge gauntlets, knives on chains, big shield, Roman long spear, fans, bow, arm blades, boomerang, double katanas, whiplash.

I hope they are preparing something really cool and we see a glimpse of it on E3.

My soul is starving for more...

Top ten, as I recall, were

1. Talim
2. Taki
3. Mitsurugi
4. Ivy
5. Kilik
6. Siegfried
7. Nightmare
8. Zasalamel
9. Yoshimitsu
10. Tira
"Since these are your favorite characters, you'll probably just LOVE their replacements! Let's welcome Talim's brother, Taki's other student, Mitsurugi's student, Ivy's creation, etc." xD

I hope Rock will be in next installment, cause i voted for him. Really guys, SC without Rock is like Tekken witout King. He isn't the best character to play but he is so much nostalgia from Soul Edge days

"Since these are your favorite characters, you'll probably just LOVE their replacements! Let's welcome Talim's brother, Taki's other student, Mitsurugi's student, Ivy's creation, etc." xD
They would not dare, after pulling up this kind of poll...

Ohhh exellent...
Lee-Excellent_zps4f4ca220.gif

I hope Rock will be in next installment, cause i voted for him. Really guys, SC without Rock is like Tekken witout King. He isn't the best character to play but he is so much nostalgia from Soul Edge days

It's Project Soul's fault that Rock is unpopular. They never went anywhere with his story and started giving his moves to Astaroth, while adding nothing of note to his own moveset.

Waste of a potentially good character.

Something unrelated. I was watching a tennis game today and couldn't help but to think that there are similarities between Soul Calibur and tennis. Both are fast paced and positional. Small details matter a lot. Made me think about playing a tennis game! Anyone know any good ones?

I honestly won't have anything to look forward to if SCVI isn't at E3, what are the chances of them bringing it up at a different time?

We need this next game to happen, no other fighting game interests me the way SC does.

Live streams

115 Viewers
HXCGaming
HXCGaming
Texas Showdown: Day 2 - SoulCalibur VI
3 Viewers
FuzzyCatGirl
FuzzyCatGirl
Transcending history and the world: a tale of swords and souls, eternally retold. Soul Calibur Saturday is well under way!!!!!

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back