Project Soul wants to know your favorite characters!

• Admin
Early this morning, the SoulCalibur Facebook page opened a poll to see who are the fan favorite characters in the series. The list seemed to have every playable SoulCalibur character in the list to choose from. The only ones I didn't see when I was skimming were the bonus characters introduced in SCIII and SCIV.

Considering that the vote includes Lost Swords character, then it is safe to say that this is for a future SoulCalibur VI character roster. Please note that this is not a confirmation for a SoulCalibur VI. It is only speculation on my part. If you would like to have your voice to be heard, then you should get on your Facebook account and follow the directions in the spoiler below.

VOTE FOR THE FUTURE OF SOULCALIBUR

Calling all SoulCalibur Fans! Project Soul would like to hear your voice.

They need to determine precisely who are the favorite characters of the community!
Beware, you can vote only once so choose carefully and wisely.
You still have time to think about it as this survey will last until May 31st.

PC users:
http://bnent.eu/SCSurvey

Mobile users:
http://bnent.eu/SCSurveyMobile

Project Soul is probably preparing something huge... Stay tuned and spread the news! Thank you.

#SCSURVEY #SOULCALIBUR

Be VERY CAREFUL when filling out the information before voting. The form allowed me to manually fill in my information, but messed around to see if I could skip the email part and move on. I figured out the hard way that once you are done with the first name, last name, and email part, you are then locked out from editing it altogether. I ended up borrowing my Mom's Facebook just so that I could finally get my vote in. However, when I used her account it auto-filled her information for whatever reason. All of that was a pain for me, but the voting part was easy.

You can only vote for one character when you do this. All you have to do is click the heart when you're hovering over the picture and that will count as a single vote. Who did you vote for? Comment and let us know who you want in the next SoulCalibur game!

Last edited:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
I decided to break my statement and do it anyway. Now that I have the spreadsheet set up it is not difficult.

17579327880_81fd9ae2cf_o.jpg

17580618589_a04b107524_o.jpg

The most interesting things that happened were.

Ivy breaks ahead of Kilik again switching up their battle by one point.

Yunsung and Amy grew very quickly this time.

Pyrrha grew significantly and out placed Natsu! This is actually the coolest point for me.

Raphael has gained no votes since May 11th. This is sort of a problem for him considering he has more than 200 votes, it is unusual.

Astaroth actually gained 3 votes, more than he has for a long time.

Mitsurugi showing no growth was sort of crazy and made me consider not posting this. However it is more important to be through when collecting data than posting it when I want to.

I'm very glad that Talim is doing well. It looks like everyone chose to believe in her too right? :P

Next time I am going to make a taller gains chart that will be easier to read. That or one with the data populated at the bottom. I will have to see how it looks in 2 days.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's the difference in Fighting style.
How about this:Make Lizardman and Aeon's styles special CaS styles.Similar to Devil Jin in SCV.
Think about it,create your own lizardman :3.

Albino_Lizardman_Shaman_by_JWilsonIllustration.jpg
japanese-art-landscape-facebook-cover-timeline-banner-for-fb.jpg
Lizard_man_by_koutanagamori.jpg
lizard_man_by_raede.jpg
lizard_man_design_by_crazymic-d6bns0g.jpg
lizardman_brute_by_ancorgil-d6qa9o4.jpg
lizardman_deathknight_by_cribs-d5zxv9k.jpg
Lizardmen.jpg
Lizardmen.png
Sc3-lizardman-01.jpg
snake_warrior_by_el_grimlock-d323bn7.jpg
Soul.Calibur.600.1047321.jpg
With access to customize everything from his head shape,scales,armor,coloration,horns,spikes,wings (In Aeon's case) to Pterodactyl's wings,fins,etc..

Well, from a gameplay perspective Lizardman and Aeon are two different characters even though they're the same in-story. I just wish he wasn't such a joke, you'd think a giant lizard with an ax would be one of the most badass characters but nope.

I decided to break my statement and do it anyway. Now that I have the spreadsheet set up it is not difficult.

17579327880_81fd9ae2cf_o.jpg

17580618589_a04b107524_o.jpg

The most interesting things that happened were.

Ivy breaks ahead of Kilik again switching up their battle by one point.

Yunsung and Amy grew very quickly this time.

Pyrrha grew significantly and out placed Natsu! This is actually the coolest point for me.

Raphael has gained no votes since May 11th. This is sort of a problem for him considering he has more than 200 votes, it is unusual.

Astaroth actually gained 3 votes, more than he has for a long time.

Mitsurugi showing no growth was sort of crazy and made me consider not posting this. However it is more important to be through when collecting data than posting it when I want to.

I'm very glad that Talim is doing well. It looks like everyone chose to believe in her too right? :P

Next time I am going to make a taller gains chart that will be easier to read. That or one with the data populated at the bottom. I will have to see how it looks in 2 days.
The hype is real! Again! lol

I wonder what PS will do if they add both Sophitia and Pyrrha in the next game, cuz I don't want to have more clone characters.
Pyrrha is not a clone of Sophitia. Yes, she has a lot of Sophitia's moves but her combos are completely unique which makes her different from Sophitia. Ether way, like Nyte said they'll end up evolving Pyrrha's moveset to make it even more unique anyway.

Hm, if Talim were to come back, what tweaks would you all be most interested in seeing done to her? For me it's hard to say without knowing mechanics but I would say that this is my wishlist.

#1 damage higher than in SC4. Not a ton, but she felt pretty gimped there even though I played her in 4 the most.

#2 Sidestepping was not too handy in SC5 compared to 4, at least for me anyway. I know you could double tap for a quick side step, but personally I wish wind charmer was a few frames faster and moved a little bit further, not a ton, but a bit, this would help to add to it's functionality.

Assuming metered moves come back, Ice Wind combo as a metered move would be cool, also 236 (B) metered turning into an unblockable could be sweet. A RO to behind metered throw would be good too. :P A neat way to use meter might actually involve using the wind to briefly juggle an opponent or maybe just work that into the ring out throw, could be fun! :P

One or two extra high, low combo mixups would be handy, she kind of had a restrictive low game compared to some characters.

Eh, anyways these would just be on my wishlist for her, having her back would be awesome though and I would play her and deal with whatever tier she ended up in for better or worse!

Talim forever!

Oh, in other news I just looked at the ranking and Ivy and Kilik are tied right now, Talim and Taki have both grown by 5 votes since last time. I will do the usual updated report tomorrow night though.

Hm, if Talim were to come back, what tweaks would you all be most interested in seeing done to her? For me it's hard to say without knowing mechanics but I would say that this is my wishlist.

#1 damage higher than in SC4. Not a ton, but she felt pretty gimped there even though I played her in 4 the most.

#2 Sidestepping was not too handy in SC5 compared to 4, at least for me anyway. I know you could double tap for a quick side step, but personally I wish wind charmer was a few frames faster and moved a little bit further, not a ton, but a bit, this would help to add to it's functionality.

Assuming metered moves come back, Ice Wind combo as a metered move would be cool, also 236 (B) metered turning into an unblockable could be sweet. A RO to behind metered throw would be good too. :P A neat way to use meter might actually involve using the wind to briefly juggle an opponent or maybe just work that into the ring out throw, could be fun! :P

One or two extra high, low combo mixups would be handy, she kind of had a restrictive low game compared to some characters.

Eh, anyways these would just be on my wishlist for her, having her back would be awesome though and I would play her and deal with whatever tier she ended up in for better or worse!

Talim forever!
Lol sidestepping is so much better now in SC5. Quickstep is the best. Whenever I play SC4 I feel so sluggish because I can't quickstep.

Lol sidestepping is so much better now in SC5. Quickstep is the best. Whenever I play SC4 I feel so sluggish because I can't quickstep.

Ninjaguy is right QS is great at evasion. You can get out of strings that you couldn't get out of in the past installments. Perfect example is Mitsu's 4KB. By quickstepping right you evade the 2nd hit and punish him. Yoshi's version is similar, but you press 33 to evade instead of 22.

I love quick step, it was a great improvement! But I miss the feature from SCII, where if you where to sidestep at the exact right moment your character would move their head to dodge a high (and other parts of their body depending on the hit) now that was the best!

I also hope they bring back guard impacts and parries. I hate Just Guards -_-

The meter system is the best thing SC5 added and I hope they make it even better for SC6.
I agree with part of that, the meter system is good for Critical Edges. I don't like how it replaces guard impacts and I don't like Brave Edges, as the majority of Brave Edges where just frames in SCIV which are better and require more skill to pull off, which I like more.

I wonder how will the story mode of SCVI turn out to be.
Will it be prior to SCV's time?
Probably not, nothing can happen between SCIV and SCV seems that the swords where missing, Nightmare was "dead", and most of the cast retired. Everything starts again at SCV.

I think they will reboot it or make it after SCV but use SCLS story, which is about Soul Edge and Soul Calibur retreating into Astral Chaos, spreading across space and time bringing all the warriors from different eras together, which explains why SCIV & SCV characters are in the same game. So they could use that.

Live streams

4 Viewers
abrokensleep
abrokensleep
TAG TEAM TUESDAY. art redeem, soul calibur and BROKEN BRAWLS
2 Viewers
petreySOAD420
petreySOAD420
Wolfgang is on connection<sOul oF DiAmond>.
2 Viewers
SC_Shadow78
SC_Shadow78
Doing casual (anyone can randomly join if I can't find no one in ranked)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back