PSN DOWN WTF?!1

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/22/update-on-playstation-network-qriocity-services/

Sony had to shut down the PSN completely due to heavy security issues. They have to create a new FW for the PS3, because they need to completely recreate the access gateways to the PSN servers. Without a new FW the consoles won't be able to log in again. It will take another few days until everything's fixed and set up for the public.

To express it in your beautiful laguage: Shit's fucked up!

I barely play games online, though I did want to get Arcana Heart 3 (not crying over, though). I'm actually wondering how pissed off all my friends and the people on my friendslist who spend 90 of their PS3 time on Netflix are. =P

Sony said:
An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services.

So it's finally confirmed ;)

Slayer_X64 said:
this will never happen. just look at the PSP, and how many time's that has been re-jail broken. it doesn't matter what Sony does, if people want something bad enough they WILL find a way to get it, and they wont give up until it stays; as a matter of fact fighting them on it only makes them more determined, more obsessed. that is why hackers will never fear Sony, or any other company in the world, thats just the way it is. even if anonymous wasn't behind the PSN attack, i still personally believe that they're supporting a good cause. even if its an inconvenience now, perhaps it will benefit gamers across the world a couple of years from now.

The good cause being piracy? Because we all know if will eventually lead to it. We shouldn't support piracy because it hits mostly developers and in the end, the players. All this being due to lesser software sales. This will definitely not benefit us in the long run =/

If anyone could hack PSN, it would be Anonymous. For the most part, they are pretty respectable and help to uphold the first amendment on the internet. I dont know if/why they would do hack PSN yet, but they probably have a good reason for it if they did, but i dont think it should have been done. Thats just being a douche to people all around the world.
Umm... no. Anonymous are not "hackers". They are "Script Kiddies". They don't actually hack anything, and never have. A Distributed Denial of Service attack is not a form of hacking at all; its simply getting a large number of people together, usually with some sort of Bot Network and getting them all to visit a webpage/server at the same time. A server can't handle 10,000 people trying to view it at the same time; so when it happens, the server goes into a hiccup state for a short while (usually around 30 seconds). But if the 10,000 people keep on hitting the server, they can loop the hiccup for as long as they want... which becomes a distributed denial of service attack.

I barely play games online, though I did want to get Arcana Heart 3 (not crying over, though). I'm actually wondering how pissed off all my friends and the people on my friendslist who spend 90 of their PS3 time on Netflix are. =P

netflix still works.

it will tell you it doesn't...but just try and connect anyway. it will keep asking you to connect to psn but just keep clicking ok and it will bypass it and work just fine.

Umm... no. Anonymous are not "hackers". They are "Script Kiddies". They don't actually hack anything, and never have. A Distributed Denial of Service attack is not a form of hacking at all; its simply getting a large number of people together, usually with some sort of Bot Network and getting them all to visit a webpage/server at the same time. A server can't handle 10,000 people trying to view it at the same time; so when it happens, the server goes into a hiccup state for a short while (usually around 30 seconds). But if the 10,000 people keep on hitting the server, they can loop the hiccup for as long as they want... which becomes a distributed denial of service attack.
Ah, sorry, i used hack in too much of a general term. I meant what you just said, but hack is just a lot easier to say, and i consider it a form of hacking, but to each his own.

Looks like im gonna be playing live tonight too. I go back home from college for easter and need to come home to this still going on...

So it's finally confirmed ;)

The good cause being piracy? Because we all know if will eventually lead to it. We shouldn't support piracy because it hits mostly developers and in the end, the players. All this being due to lesser software sales. This will definitely not benefit us in the long run =/

the "good cause" is about civil rights and privacy protection in the united states. it isn't about linux or piracy at all. the only reason anon is doing this is to protect american PS3 owners who are at risk of having their IP addresses forced by law into the hands of sony, who intends to bring legal action against many many people.

basically sony is trying to force a webhost company to hand over private information so that they can sue people. fuck that. godspeed, anon.

actually...even with PSN completely down, netflix still works, and it still streams faster and in higher resolution than the XBL version.

:P
I still love my xbox cause I can party chat and play my games online.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Reactions: HRD
if by "play" you mean jump up and down when you are trying to dash forward, i agree.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
At least my console isn't getting attacked by some pissed off nerd and putting all of yall in the cross fire. :)
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.

Back