Pyrrha Video Thread

But not on the same level as SCIV Sophie. I don't feel very excited to be trading TAS B, B+K, and 66B for shin kicks and more options leading into shin kicks. There's probably more in this iteration of the move set than it appears. We'll know when we're finally playing the game, but in the meantime it just looks like I'll be just playing Sophie with less tools. I just wish there was more to feel excited about other than that Soph 4B Cass 22B hybrid TJing move.
I agree that she does not appear stronger than Sophie as many think, but there's a few problems with your other opinions.

Pyrrha has B+K

No TAS B? You KNOW that move was bullshit. Tipstun made her fun but Pyrrha's 236B tip stuns. In the video where I saw this, it was a JF 236B and was a CH, not sure which one is required as the NH non-JF 236B did not stun or go in, leaving her at disadvantage.

No 66B seems to be her only real loss, if she really doesn't have it anymore. This weakens her ringout game and slow post-GI, but not much else. If you were using this move outside of GI predictions, you're probably doing it wrong as it's easily stepped on reaction and you have tip TAS B for your backstep catching.

Looks like her shin kick works the same way as Sophie's, just a little more damage.

Idk where you get this 4B Cass 22B crap. It'll be used just like Sophie 9B, except it does a little more damage and knocks down. It probably rings out too, so actually this is a pretty big buff provided the move is safe.

Other tools you might have missed:
-an aGI that attacks even if it counters nothing (an "inashi") which looks like Sophie's 44B+K. Sophie was lacking in a move like to beat certain mixups, such as 11A{A}_A mixups in the mirror match.
-2B8BAK string without 2B or need for CH. This may be her BnB fast-whiff punish.
-high roundhouse kick that is faster than Sophie's useless A+K and stuns and combos into CE. This improves her step-catching game from Sophie's relatively low damage step catchers.
-new animations on her lows that will help you win that SCV launch party tournament... and probably hit quick-steppers.

I agree that she does not appear stronger than Sophie as many think, but there's a few problems with your other opinions.
My opinions have changed quite a bit after seeing her played by Keev and other people on stream.

Pyrrha has B+K
Didn't see that until this most recent stream.

No TAS B? You KNOW that move was bullshit.
It IS bullshit, but I felt taking it out left a big hole in Pyrrha's game that could be filled by other things.

No 66B seems to be her only real loss, if she really doesn't have it anymore. This weakens her ringout game and slow post-GI, but not much else. If you were using this move outside of GI predictions, you're probably doing it wrong as it's easily stepped on reaction and you have tip TAS B for your backstep catching.
You might be right in that I use it incorrectly. I mostly use it based on gut feeling. I probably use it more online than would work offline, but I didn't exactly just throw it out in my games at summer jam either. I also throw it out for wake up after right side throw and TAS B:4. They can roll backwards out of it except if there's a wall, but I don't think I really lose anything by throwing it out.

Looks like her shin kick works the same way as Sophie's, just a little more damage.
It might have better frames on hit too.

Idk where you get this 4B Cass 22B crap. It'll be used just like Sophie 9B, except it does a little more damage and knocks down. It probably rings out too, so actually this is a pretty big buff provided the move is safe.
I think it looks like Sophie 4B because it closes distance like 4B, FCes on block, and hits grounded. I'm kind of thinking there's no way it's -1 on block though, based on the stream players turtling up after throwing it into block.

When it was originally spotted people thought it looked like Cass 22B which I thought was a little dumb but understandable w/e.

Other tools you might have missed:
-an aGI that attacks even if it counters nothing (an "inashi") which looks like Sophie's 44B+K. Sophie was lacking in a move like to beat certain mixups, such as 11A{A}_A mixups in the mirror match.
I actually didn't see that.
-2B8BAK string without 2B or need for CH. This may be her BnB fast-whiff punish.
Might be the new combo ender too since it isn't TAS B anymore.
-high roundhouse kick that is faster than Sophie's useless A+K and stuns and combos into CE. This improves her step-catching game from Sophie's relatively low damage step catchers.
Hadn't seen it since the first Pyrrha demo. I thought it disappeared or something.

Does she have Sophi's 4B?

No, her 4B is Sophitia's 22B and he stuns. She has a super as the Sophitia's 236236 but manip is WS 236.
move list Pyrrah :

66B+K, A, B is like sophitia
22B,A,K is the 2B 8 B, A, K without 2B
1K is like sophitia
A,K is like Cassandra
B+K, B is like sophitia
66A is like cassandra
WS A+B is like sophitia but not imparable but guard break with Garanted (B,B)
11A,A is like sophitia but not imparable but guard break with Garanted
66K or 33K is like sophitia
4B+K (he can cancel) is 44Ba sophitia's imparable
44B+K is like sophitia
66A+G is like sophitia
A+G is like sophitia
B+G new throw
Left throw is like sophitia
236AA (BE in) is like sophitia
4AA (BE in, its the end of 4AAAAJF) is like sophitia
22A and 88a is like sophitia
B+K B is like sophitia
3A+B is 33A+B sophitia
66B (BE in) look like 33B cassandra BE move is 66B sophitia
6AK is the 6A of sophitia more 1K (high low)
3A is like sophitia
3B is like sophitia
44B is like sophitia
33B is like sophitia
44A is like sophitia
B,K is like cassandra but not block stun
3K3K (stun) is a new move, (3k like cassandra more 44K like sophitia
2B+K,BBB (i think) is B2BBB like sophitia
44K look like Lizardman wsK

Ahriman vs Saitoh.

Please remember we couldnt map any buttons at all. Personally I was stuck with a tekken-like configuration on my stick, never played like that in 10 years =)
Again if you have any questions, ask them.

Did I just see that right? Pyrrha's 236B can't be punished by Asta's knee? Sheesh, I know Daishi said she was probably weaker than Pat months ago, but I'm not sure if 236B being safe from Asta's knee is a good idea (or maybe Asta's knee isn't that awesome anymore?)

Pyrrha vs Natsu from the Tokyo Game Night stream on 11/19 (the first one). Sorry that the audio and video are out of sync. Nicovideo does a damn fine job of preventing stream recordings, would've recorded more if I only knew there was a Ustream version of this. Sadly Pyrrha gets her adorable little butt kicked and loses most of the matches that night. I only remember seeing her win one match against her bro. Her matches against Wesker Siegfried looked more like combo videos or "power of 3B" showcases.

Back