Pyrrha Video Thread

Signia what are your thoughts? You were playing, right?
I didn't fuckin TOUCH Pyrrha. Damn! first time someone actually cared about my opinion! Yeah I'll just be watch you boring ass Sophie players from the sidelines this time around. I'm maining Pat or Xiba.

Black Mamba played only Pyrrha both days. I fought him a lot and lost most of the time. Pyrrha's a bitch. Her CE is an easy whiff punish. She has easy, intuitive combos that are hard to drop. She is even safer than before. Black Mamba was constantly getting people with 3B -> backstep 44B or whatever, shit pushes back. AND HER BACKSTEP. Or her backwalk or w/e, Black Mamba doesn't tap-step. SC2 STATUS. Fast as fuck.

Her okizeme is much better than Sophie's solely due to that stupid 4K. It hits grounded and rollers and basically forces you to stand up because she has no reason not to do it. And when you do, she has advantage! Her 2A beats yours no matter how fast you try and retaliate. She can keep spamming 4K if she wants to too. The worst she can do is throw you if you just stand there and wait for her to hand you the advantage, but her throws are pretty good and it only resets the situation. I opted to quick step till it worked, and then I got free damage. Ducking might be good too if the only things coming are 2As, AAs, throws. Other moves can be interrupted, and you don't want to get CH by Patroklos ;)

It's amazing how much a one move can add to a character's game. Other than that, what you see is what you get. An excellent turtle character with gimmicky lows. She's also the only character that can really punish stuff now as far as I can tell. So much stuff is too far away for Pat to punish with more than a single B.

Anyone catch her on the stream? I'm liking that 2P outfit more (Sophitia hair rocked from the start). Will still be choosing her 1P mostly, though.

Honestly HeartNana, I'm more interested in seeing your P. Omega. Not sure if you're still playing both or not though

Some casual matches of my pyrrha. Not the best, but i guess it's not the worst pyrrha you'll ever see lol...
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL256CCF7654554605

For some reason, all of them show the same video for me. Anyways, I checked out your other matches in the side bar, and they were really helpful. Your spacing/whiff baiting game is really great. I didn't realize how useful 44B was. I'll definitely be working that into my game in the future.

I noticed you used a lot of 8/9B's. Do you just throw it out there when you think a throw or low is coming?

Dr Tom - Sup! I only use regular Pyrrha, i don't use Omega at all, sorry.

Xion - Glad you watched the vids! 8/9B is amazing for a multitude of reasons. It jumps, so especially near the end of the round, people tend to toss out lows/throws a lot, and it just eats them alive. Also, it stuffs a lot of other things, too just by jumping back. It's super safe, hella advantage on hit, takes off a huge chunk. But yeah, just toss it out if you think they're gonna throw or do a low. I also like to do it when getting up off the ground too (if theres time). It's a good move, any Pyrrha not using 7/8B is really missing out imo.

Anyone can point me at my mistakes? I seem to be on the *clueless* side when looking at my own performance.

Also any advice will be appreciated.

P.S. This video was made after 12 hours of straight Leixia gameplay so i might have forgotten half the things that i do. Usually i'm more consistent with what i do which can be seen on my other videos on my channel.

Dr Tom - Sup! I only use regular Pyrrha, i don't use Omega at all, sorry..
My bad then. I thought you were playing around with both of them trying to decide which to use.

Here's a video of my Pyrrha vs. another Pyrrha. I'm the blue one. There's a lot I do wrong in this match I think, but I didn't know I could upload my saved replays like this so this is one I saved to hopefully learn a little bit from....I still won though, but that's because I'm too vain to upload a video of me losing......

Back