Random Post Thread

The+Enemy+Within.png

DarVL8.gif

Last edited:
So the Jennifer Lawrence leaked nudes scandal seems to have had a rather nice side effect. Many women on Twitter and other media outlets are posting topless or outright full-nudity shots of themselves in a "Solidarity for J Law" movement of some sort. It apparently was started on 4chan and was meant to be "the worldwide trolling of a lifetime"
305788.jpg

And apparently some women are actually falling for it (not a whole lot mind you but there have been more than a few women who have actually done this) and posted nudes of themselves online in support of J Law. I'm not sure I've seen a greater example of both human ingenuity (the guys who thought it up) and stupidity (those who actually fell for it) rolled together in one.

And this seems to have turned into the "lest all spam endless pictures thread"-
305774.jpg

RANDOM

Adjective

Made, done, or happening without method or conscious decision.
"apparently random violence"

Statistics

governed by or involving equal chances for each item.
"a random sample of 100 households"

SYNONYMS: unsystematic, arbitrary, unmethodical, haphazard, unarranged, unplanned, undirected, casual, indiscriminate, non-specific, stray, erratic; More

chance, accidental, hit-and-miss;

serendipitous, fortuitous, contingent, adventitious;

non-linear, entropic, fractal;

rarealeatory, stochastic

"random spot checks"

antonyms: systematic, planned

(of masonry) with stones of irregular size and shape.

informal

odd, unusual, or unexpected.

"the class was hard but he was so random that it was always fun"

ORIGIN

Middle English (in the sense ‘impetuous headlong rush’): from Old French randon ‘great speed’, from randir ‘gallop’, from a Germanic root shared by rand.

... Let's not overlook how difficult nigh impossible it to respond directly while remaining random a fact some seem keen even dead set on ignoring which is why this is the last time I bother explaining anything.

Last edited:
As one of the founders of the random thread.

Allow me to reiterate the purpose of this thread.

To put all your useless bullshit and spam and to get all the crap out your system so that when you do in fact post in another thread, all that useless crap will have been spent here. So you could post meaningful and keyword relevant shit there.

The mission of this thread is to be a haven for those who just want to post useless crap that they know they can't post anywhere else.

This thread went from a random stories by yours truly, the madnis stories as they were written by a younger me. Oh the fun I had. Eventually coming into its own with debate, art, chats, philosophy, religion, random polls and the like.

The history of this thread spans over 10 years. Fucking ten years. Something I helped develop initially because when I first stepped into the community, I filled up this general discussion board with such useless but meaningful shit, mods were arguing amongst themselves closing and reopening the fuckers.

So I applaud jrasta for at least keeping the spirit of this thread alive.

If this next phase is just to spam images and other crap. So be it.

Let him get it all out his system and eventually, it will just wear itself out.

And then the next dumb fuck will come in and bring this thread onto its next phase.

And so the circle will continue.

Cheerio

Back