Raphael Combo Discussion

not granted but you can put ce on reaction if they don t aircontrol after 66A+B, K

i did that few times...

best option imho is still 66A+B, K (not granted but hard to air control and more reliable than B+K) 33B

It was interessing... I suppose...

N°1 : I'm sorry but it was hilarious... Air control ? :x
N°2 : Not a combo, 1A won't connect if dummy is blocking. But you can do "44B 2K" for 38 dmg, works on everyone.
N°3 : Only the "B+K 6BB" part connected...
N°4 : Good find, combo specific. 1A only works on Astaroth . "B+G 2K" do 53 dmg, works on everyone else but Asta.
N°5 : Normal anti-step/counter combo.
N°6 : Air control :(
N°7 : 66K for wall splat is ok.
N°8 : Can't set the dummy on block ? :o
N°9 : "prepa~k(BE) 2B" mid screen. Good one, didn't know a way to combo after prepa~k(BE) mid screen before.
N°10 : "44A+B 66B+K = 101 dmg" is better.
N°11 : Totally legit.
N°12 : Air control, damnit ! :<
N°13 : Air control, pretty please.
N°14 : Works. Flashy, but waste a little too much meter for me. :/
N°15 : "44A+B W! CE" = 152 dmg, and "44A+B W!, A+BA, 66A+B" = 150 dmg

N°4 is usefull for Astaroth match up !
N°9 is a nice little add mid screen.
N°15 is an interessing gamble against the wall.

I think we have already seen the rest before...

And please, don't try air controlable combo.
That is, of course, if you don't mind. :x

exactly that. Having trouble registering a 66(B) after a 236B guard burst or prepBB(BE) burst. It doesn't help that you have to hold your B command, so you can't mash that.

Hey, Wuht. Guess I found out the solution to our little issue. The problem is, 22B is too slow, because the 22/88 step is too slow (adds a bunch of frames to the 20 frames of the actual attack). So, when we weren't able to connect this, we assumed it was a matter of delaying our input. And as a compensation we were in a hurry with our input and ended up being screwed by the black hole. But if we try the stuff that's actually fast enough to connect, we can calmly wait for the black hole to go away and then issue our input (for 66K or CE, for instance).

And, btw, A+BA and 66B prep A+B cause the same damage. A+BA gives +6 in close range. The leaves the guy grounded, but far from Raph. I'm still deciding which of these two is the best economic option in the middle of the ring.

And nice find with the combo videos. A few of them were actually true. And thank you for the analisys, Jodo. I just hope viewers don't assume those Tekken(ish) juggles are actually possible in Soul Calibur. Have you tried 3B prep Bb(CE) after the Unbloackable W!? I suspect it may cause even more damage.

Oh... and I don't know who said it or in which thread, but knowing we can delay the BE input after 6BB changed my life. Thank you. It reeeaaaally doesn't have to be a sliding motion from the second B to the A+B+K. We have plenty of time to hit confirm.

And thank you for the analisys, Jodo. I just hope viewers don't assume those Tekken(ish) juggles are actually possible in Soul Calibur. Have you tried 3B prep Bb(CE) after the Unbloackable W!? I suspect it may cause even more damage.
Yeah, i've gone in training in order to retry what was done in the video and test things.
3(B) prep Bb(BE) is doing 148 dmg after the unblockable.
I didn't mention it, because it was doing less damage, but it's usefull if you want to connect from a Max Range 44A+B.

Hey, Wuht. Guess I found out the solution to our little issue. The problem is, 22B is too slow, because the 22/88 step is too slow (adds a bunch of frames to the 20 frames of the actual attack). So, when we weren't able to connect this, we assumed it was a matter of delaying our input. And as a compensation we were in a hurry with our input and ended up being screwed by the black hole. But if we try the stuff that's actually fast enough to connect, we can calmly wait for the black hole to go away and then issue our input (for 66K or CE, for instance).

Yknow I'm pretty sure 22b is guaranteed after guard crush, I did it a few times at the last tourney I was in. I'll go back and test it at some point. If it winds up not being guaranteed, I'll edit this and let you know that I'm dumb. If it winds up being guaranteed after all......... well go practice I guess, lol.

Depending on what move you crush with I suppose. Off the most common crushing moves that Raph has I'm not so sure.

236B and prepBB(BE) for me doesn't get me close enough to connect with A+BA.

Oh... and I don't know who said it or in which thread, but knowing we can delay the BE input after 6BB changed my life. Thank you. It reeeaaaally doesn't have to be a sliding motion from the second B to the A+B+K. We have plenty of time to hit confirm.

You are very welcome. I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me.

Yknow I'm pretty sure 22b is guaranteed after guard crush, I did it a few times at the last tourney I was in. I'll go back and test it at some point. If it winds up not being guaranteed, I'll edit this and let you know that I'm dumb. If it winds up being guaranteed after all......... well go practice I guess, lol.

Nah, you're not dumb. But I may need some practice on that.

Yeah. Sometimes I find myself out of range, too. So I'm just sticking with 66B prep A+B, as an economic version.

You are very welcome. I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me.

It is already. I'm still thorwing some wild BEs, but that's 'cause I'm being very careless and desperate. The inputs really let you take your time. It's probably just a matter of time until I get better at this.

Depending on what move you crush with I suppose. Off the most common crushing moves that Raph has I'm not so sure.

Good point. Know for sure it works off SE B. Not sure about 66a+b or something like that.

CH 33B > A+B A, need to run forward to point blank range to ensure that the first swing hits on the way down, guaranteeing the rest for about 68 damage. If you just quick dash forward, it won't be close enough to combo. The first hit of A+B whiffing is what causes the opponent to reset, the stun actually lasts long enough if you just run up and make sure the first hit connects.

Don't know if these have been posted or not, sorry if they have:

44B ~ 2K

33K ~ BE ~ 2K ~ 2B

Prep(B)K ~ BE ~ 2B

44K ~ 2B

"44B, 2B against Asta"
I tried to do it, but looks like 2B it only connect when Astha Tech Back.
It was blocked otherwise. :/

Maybe we could begin a combo list for the first page.
Can i submit one ?

Yes actually. Scrap that then I'll take your testing over some online results i've encountered.

I found this new combo video. Some are new which I didn't know about, but not all of them are guaranteed though. The first is probably a juggle. So it is possible to do 33K BE after SE B. But is actually possible to do a CE after SE A and 66A+B, BT B???
@0:12
That's going to be the reaction of a lot of players if that actually works online

Ok, correct anything if you feel it's necessary.
I've tried to keep only the most profitable combo.

Brave Edge (BE)
Critical Edge (CE)
BE + CE

-----------------------------------------------------
NORMAL HIT

3(B) prep~BB = 38 dmg
3(B) prep~AB = 48 dmg (-4 Hit)

4(B) prep~BBB = 52 dmg
4(B) prep~Bb(BE) = 64 dmg (1 BE)

SE B, 66(B) prep~A+B =86 dmg
SE B, 3(B) prep~Bb(BE) = 95 dmg (1 BE)
SE B, CE = 96 dmg (1 CE)

44K, 2B = 34 dmg

44B, 2K = 38 dmg

33_66_99A+B, BT B+K = 49 dmg

66(B) prep~A+B = 56 dmg

22_88B, 3(B) prep~BBB = 65 dmg
22_88B, 3(B) prep~Bb(BE) = 80 dmg (1 BE)
22_88B, CE = 87 dmg (1 CE)

33_99k(BE), 3K = 66 dmg (1 BE)
33_99k(BE), CE = 115 dmg (1 BE, 1 CE)

B+K (Counter), 6BB = 38 dmg
B+K (Counter), CE = 96 dmg (1 CE)

prep~k(BE) 2B = 80 dmg (1 BE)

Throw B+G, 1A = 52 dmg (Astaroth only)
Throw B+G, 2K = 53 dmg (Doesn't work on Astaroth)

11_44_77A+B, 66B+K = 101 dmg

CORNER

1B W!, A+BA, 66A+B = 81 dmg
1B W!, CE = 85 dmg (1 CE)

SE B, 1B W!, A+BA, 66A+B = 100 dmg

22_88B, 3A W!, A+BA, 66A+B = 76 dmg
22_88B, 3A W!, 3(B) prep~Bb(BE) = 82 dmg (1 BE)

66K W!, 3A W!, A+BA, 66A+B = 77 dmg
66K W!, 3(B) prep~Bb(BE) = 85 dmg (1 BE)

prepa~k(BE) W! 1B W! A+BA, 66A+B = 125 dmg (1 BE)
prepa~k(BE) W!, 88_22B, 3A W!, A+BA, 66A+B = 130 dmg (1 BE)
prepa~k(BE) W!, Throw B+G W!, A+BA = 135 dmg (1 BE / Tech throw possible)
prepa~k(BE) W!, Throw B+G W!, CE = 148 dmg (1 BE 1 CE / Tech throw possible)

Throw B+G W!, A+BA = 86 dmg
Throw B+G W!, 3A W!, A+BA, 66A+B =102 dmg
Throw B+G W!, 3A W!, 3(B) prepa~Bb(BE) =107 dmg (1 BE)
Throw B+G W!, CE = 110 dmg (1 CE)

4A+B (Counter) B W!, 3A W!, A+BA, 66A+B = 99 dmg
4A+B (Counter) B W!, 3(B) prep~Bb(BE) = 104 dmg (1 BE)
4A+B (Counter) B W!, CE = 108 dmg (1 CE)

11_44_77A+B W!, 3(B) prepa~BBB = 134 dmg "Max Range"
11_44_77A+B W!, 3(B) prepa~Bb(BE) = 148 dmg (1 BE) "Max Range"
11_44_77A+B W!, A+BA, 66A+B = 150 dmg
11_44_77A+B W!, CE = 152 dmg (1 CE)

COUNTER HIT

1K CH, A+BA = 56 dmg

22_88K CH, 3(B) prepa~BBB = 65 dmg
22_88K CH, 3(B) prepa~Bb(BE) = 78 dmg (1 BE)
22_88K CH, CE = 85 dmg (1 CE)

33_99B CH, 33_99B = 55 dmg
33_99B CH, 66, A+BA = 66 dmg

COUNTER HIT + CORNER

3A CH W!, 3(B) prep~Bb(BE) = 71 dmg (1 BE)
3A CH W!, A+BA, 66A+B = 72 dmg
3A CH W!, CE = 76 dmg (1 CE)

22_88K CH, 3A W!, A+BA, 66A+B= 72 dmg

Back