Raphael Combo Discussion

^ Agreed.
Prep~k(BE) is only guaranteed after prep 4 GI, otherwise the move has to be thrown out at random/on instinct.
CE is pretty useful as a 22B/new stuns, hitconfirm follow up, considering we have little else for damage. Granted it has to be used more tactically than the former BE use.

Don't forget about the use of Prep k(BE) when Guard Burst into Prep near a wall or ring edge... or when you Guard Burst into Prep after 66(B), even if you're not near a wall or ring edge (because you can't SE B in this situation).

Don't forget about the use of Prep k(BE) when Guard Burst into Prep near a wall or ring edge... or when you Guard Burst into Prep after 66(B), even if you're not near a wall or ring edge (because you can't SE B in this situation).

actually... 1.02 patch allows... prep K -> CE if you want that damage... after guard burst that is.

-LAU

Yeah, a guy told this on some thread. I forgot to check it out. According to him, depending on the ukemi, it won't work. But getting it to work a few times on a tough opponent shall be rewarding enough. I gotta remember to try it out.

Ok, this isn't an actual combo, but I find that it is often worth the risk against a lot of players online, and if it doesn't pay off, you usually avoid too much punishment.

3B ~prep~ A B ~prep~ ~SE~ B ~prep~ 3B > Bb>BE.

A lot of people seem to fall for the SE B after the simple set up, and it results in around 60% damage for a measly BE stock. And an oki. Don't rely on it and it can be a game winner. Sorry if it has been mentioned.

So Wuht, are you gonna edit those 22B combos on the first post? If it's too painful, I can do it myself lol. Gotta get some of these stickies cleaned up still.

It's a good one. But beware of experient players who will tend to use fast TCs against your Prep, even if you enter Prep on hit. You'll need to intimidate them with a few PrepK as you enter Prep on hit. Then, they'll start blocking while you're in Prep, and you'll be able to use SE.

actually... 1.02 patch allows... prep K -> CE if you want that damage... after guard burst that is.

-LAU
You get more damage if you just SE 2B, 3BBB, then into CE. doing it prep K-> to CE will give you a damage of 85, doing my way will give you 116 damage.

Reactions: LAU
Oh... I'm surprised at the little damage from Prep K CE. Guess it happens because the CE counts as an air hit and causes a smaller damage.

EDIT: thought it was Prep k(BE)... lol

And remember the opponent can block if you try to SE B after Guard Bursting him with 66(B). If there is no wall, try to Guard Burst with 3(B), which may be quite hard, but it will allow your SE B.

And if you have no meter, do not Guard Burst into Prep. It sucks.

Save the combos that worked in the version before the patch! For historical purposes.
Use that placeholder. Spoiler box.

And remember the opponent can block if you try to SE B after Guard Bursting him with 66(B). If there is no wall, try to Guard Burst with 3(B), which may be quite hard, but it will allow your SE B.
LOL you got me again. I thought my timing was bad, but no. 66(B) guard burst into SEB will not work. so I guess you will have to use Prep K. and only use SEB when you guard burst with 3(B).
thanks for the info

Thanks for the update and nice layout, are we listing the combos with and without Clean hit (and what is the format for multiple instances)?
Also i16 has 33KB costing meter.

Hey guys, I was playing Raph with my friends today yesterday (most of them didn't know what they were doing, so I thought it was a good time to try him again) and I went into practice to learn his new combos. I think I found a trick to get the ideal 4B,Prep BBB, A+BA combo and other like combos to hit more consistently. After the Prep BBB stun, I input a short 22 to QS and input A+B just a bit after the step happens. This way, you slightly realign Raph to almost always hit the whole combo. If you do it fast enough, the step is quick enough to still be a combo. It will be an extremely small movement when you get it off. Even if it doesn't hit the last two hits (it does do this sometimes), the first one connects, giving whatever advantage that comes with it (or lack thereof).

I'm pretty sure I tested it accurately enough, but I've never done it before, so I'd like someone to try to confirm it. I set it on Ukemi and it worked. Let me know if it works or if I need to elaborate better.

I found it easier to give a tiny "8" tap and input A+BA as soon as raph moves. You are not kidding though, raph has to definately move under 5 degrees for the A+BA to hit in time after 4(B)~prepBBB. Seems to be reliable for all sorts of range, as this was tested against a mirror raph.

Also, I think 11K after hitting 22B is a good damaging combo. It's technically a tech trap, but it hits grounded too. Since A+BA isn't very likely, 11K is probably a better option. I think it does more damage than 11B as well.

I don't think it does more damage than 11BB.

And the 85A+BA after the new B stun really works! The input is a little trick, but if done correctly it may as well surpass the damage from the BE version. Gotta start working on that.

I've started to use 66A+BG. It's fun and quite effective, even against the AI.

I feel my Raph game is almost 'complete'.

Back