Raphael Combo Discussion

On one hand I really like the fact that he has a 25% BE for all his combos, on the other hand I wish he had a way to spend meter in order to exert some control over the momentum of the match and not just do more guaranteed damage once in a while.

I was honestly expecting Raph's strong step kill to be a meter based move. PrepK(BE) doesn't really count becuase they see it all the way and its easy to TC.

I find myself throwing out 33K BE just cause it is there, and wtf else am I doing?

Just go land Prep~K(BE) !W 22_88B, 3A !W 3(B)~Prep B(BE) and feel beastly until we get something out of a patch. Moves can stay as they are, just some need a better reward on hit!

Bonus combo: 44A+B, 66B+K (2 hits, 102 damage)

This one's a bit retarded situationally, but it's basically now the only rational way to follow up with an unblockable since 2A+B in SC4.

I'm a 3d noob so sorry if this is a dumb question but I was wondering what would be the optimal juggle for 33kA+B+C? Right now I'm just doing 6BB and I know there has to be something better.

Thanks

I'm a 3d noob so sorry if this is a dumb question but I was wondering what would be the optimal juggle for 33kA+B+C? Right now I'm just doing 6BB and I know there has to be something better.

Thanks
It's supposed to be his CE. The damage isn't great for how much meter you need to spend and there is no real reliable way to use 33K BE in a match. I just spend meter on 6BB/Prep BB BE and MAYBE Prep K BE if it's time to be random.

It's supposed to be his CE. The damage isn't great for how much meter you need to spend and there is no real reliable way to use 33K BE in a match. I just spend meter on 6BB/Prep BB BE and MAYBE Prep K BE if it's time to be random.

yea that actually makes a lot of sense. and am i doing something wrong because i can't combo 6BB/Prep BB BE unless its after a 22B or 44B.

yea that actually makes a lot of sense. and am i doing something wrong because i can't combo 6BB/Prep BB BE unless its after a 22B or 44B.
No you're not. One of the changes they made from pre-release builds of the game was that 3(B) on counter-hit alone does not guaranteed the full Prep BB BE. The only way to hit the BE is either off 4(B) which gives a stun state or using 3(B) during the hit stun of a move like 22B.

Just go land Prep~K(BE) !W 22_88B, 3A !W 3(B)~Prep B(BE) and feel beastly until we get something out of a patch. Moves can stay as they are, just some need a better reward on hit!

So, how much is the damage of this cutie? Does it work without 3A! Is the damage better like this? What about mixing a CE there?

This thread is awesome. A lotta combos I prolly wound't find any time soon, on my own.

What happened to the 66A+B, BT K, 66A combo ?

BT B+K is the best option after 66A+B, I haven't been able to get anything else to hit after BT B, especially since this will allow them to air control.

Thanks for the info NGKrush. I also found that BT B can hit after 66A+B. But since 66A+B launches too far in this game, you can't get much else. 66B+K might work after BT B. Can you try it? I don't have time today.
They float way too low after the BT K part. The encouraged followup is BT B+K though i think with a lil prodding we can find something that involves 2B and grounded followups

I have a question about 33KbBE :
Does 3B combo afterwards ? Because if it does, we could enter prep, then SE to force a mix-up on wake up. Provided the opponent doesn't know fuzzy guard.

Back