Raphael General Discussion

Hudathan, 6K tracks if you're at advantage and they do a quick step?

Otherwise I don't see it as a replacement for iWR A, but simply a strong staple move in Raphael's arsenal for other situations, mainly anti Asura/anti lows/anti throws and strong spacing tool.

Piggy, don't gaff off 3A completely, It's the only horizontal he's got that hits mid from standing. It can be good on advantage, especially against GI heavy opponents.

Speaking of spacing, WHAT are our primary spacing tools with Raphael?

3B, FC 3B, WR B, iWR A, AB, 6BB, 1A, 22_88B, 22_88 A series, 66A+B....

....................?

6K just hits people, it's definitely a lot more reliable than something slow. I no longer try to cut down step as much as I used to, it just exposes raph to a lot of bullshit without much rewards. I space with BB.

Hudathan, 6K tracks if you're at advantage and they do a quick step?

Otherwise I don't see it as a replacement for iWR A, but simply a strong staple move in Raphael's arsenal for other situations, mainly anti Asura/anti lows/anti throws and strong spacing tool.

Piggy, don't gaff off 3A completely, It's the only horizontal he's got that hits mid from standing. It can be good on advantage, especially against GI heavy opponents.

Speaking of spacing, WHAT are our primary spacing tools with Raphael?

3B, FC 3B, WR B, iWR A, AB, 6BB, 1A, 22_88B, 22_88 A series, 66A+B....

....................?

33KB can create space

SEA B (no prep reentry) at non-close range will create space.

SEB B can as well

22B is good at spacing and tracks to raphs weak side slightly

6K can space like hell ,how has no one said that?

huda is right 6K is the truth

i use 6K as a punisher sometimes

ill take the space it gives me over dmg

nah he doesn't suck at it

raphs spacing moves put his opponent at mid range right where hes best at opposed to asta who just knocks you back ward 50 feet where he cant really do anything

Raph's spacing is fine if he can actually make the opponent block those moves, and if they don't know how bad they actually are on block. Problems arise when he has inconsistent tracking and speed.

Raph has his moments, it's just inconsistent. You have to really know your match ups and play as tightly as you can. Having good defense is essential with him since you're often forced to react to some really threatening stuff from the stronger characters. My game now honestly revolves around minimizing damage taken more than anything else. Just adopt the mentality of knowing you have to hit the other character more times than they need to hit you.

alot of his moves might as well be safe seeing as how good the knock back/range are on them

6K is -12 but pushes back like hell

3B is -14 but its pretty much range safe

same with 22B

honestly

22B is really good

no one loves it like i do............

EDIT: LOL at the tags "22B is a cross dresser"

who ever did that ill kick you while wearing my capris!

Maybe that summarizes my experience with Raphael then, because my defense game is weak. I don't have the fast reaction time that alot of strong players have, it's like despite how much I may love this character I really have to just main someone else.......

Also about never being able to use Prep K...Even mixing it up like, EVER SO RARELY, they can still step and murder it on reaction? Same with Prep A+B? No one tries to GI prep with you?

When opponents get GI happy I do safer things than Prep A+B. As for Prep K, you can use it once in a while but at 30 damage and unsafe what's the point really.

beloved

your reaction time is fine

you play online so if you can block lows on reaction there you can do it offline

as for prep K its so useless imo because it whiffs alot also

GG last night Beloved. We'll have to do some player match later, I'm sure next time will be different.

On topic, I like using 8A+B. I'm not sure why, as it's not entirely that great, it must be the twirling purple action.

Heeeeyyyy

How do I change my avatar? I want to change it to for example, let's say I do a google search images for Soul Calibur 4 Raphael..and pick an image I like...How do I do that? I'm not computer savvy. I see too many other Raphael avatars and it's gay, I want to be my own beautiful and unique snowflake Raphael.

Heeeeyyyy

How do I change my avatar? I want to change it to for example, let's say I do a google search images for Soul Calibur 4 Raphael..and pick an image I like...How do I do that? I'm not computer savvy. I see too many other Raphael avatars and it's gay, I want to be my own beautiful and unique snowflake Raphael.

how about everyone else change..then you wont see too many raph avatars ? hehe

Back