Raphael General Discussion

Oh sad. It has really nice range for a low, and the followup is kinda threatening.
Also, do you guys really prefer 22AA over AA? It's ssssoooo slow.

I personally have a thing for his 1A and FC3B at tip range. Can all you higher-level guys block those every time?

Keep in mind that just because the player is high level does not mean they can react to every low. Raph is not a particularly common character so I'd wager that most high level players cannot see his lows very well. In addition, many high level players don't even have particularly amazing reflexes, they are just good for other reasons. No matter how good you think they are you should try things anyway, more often than not you'll find they have weaknesses you wouldn't expect. Better than unnecessarily limiting yourself from the start.

i highly recommend 22B as a poke soul crushes in 10, -14, has a VE follow up, great range,and isnt stepable on reaction(if they try they get CH'd and you get 60 free dmg), and if you can JF it on hit its 60 dmg.

tiamat: 22B whorage looks strong

Belial, when you say "very strong character", I assume that means at least high-mid tier. high mid tier and up, Raphael simply doesn't belong, and doesn't compare. Kilik, Algol, Amy, Hilde, Sophitia, Setsuka, and need I mention Ivy? They all overshadow him.

22B is a solid poke, it just sucks that it's too slow to pull off much at close range so you can forget about the VE Throw options off of it. But you're trying to go for the NC JF 60 damage then no worry

Beloved: Well, I have my own impression on tiers in which raphael does pretty well. Since I dont even consider Algol and Hilde to begin with ^_^ this characters are a mistake and disgrace to otherwise beautiful game. its a shame evo and USA nats will have them unbanned.

But maybe I exagerrate with calling him "very good", of course there are better characters its just everybody thinks raph is low tier when he's far from it. (IMO)

I wouldn't say a mental throw set up is necessarily that good, but he has to be creative like that.

He needs more damage on his combos, badly.

44AB mind games are hot yo

44A> throw/B

no ones gonna risk

eating the B on CH

But 44A is slow as balls. Peeps could see it, leave, watch the Fable credits, come back, and land Asty's 236B+K. I almost always get hit out of that shit.

lol proskillz setups plox lololol

44A hits steppers most people will keep stepping thinking it sux like every other hit box in SC4

44A isn't very good. 44AB can only be used if the person's afraid of you, then you'd most likely hit them with all sorts of things (VE throw, VE A, etc).

hm, no 44AB is good if they are trying to space you. its good even on block so if you think they are going to turtle at mid range than its a good move. I use it a lot. but I'm not sure if its GIable on reaction (not anticipation). if yes than its crap.

What Belial?

If they're trying to space you, 44AB is crap. 44A is notoriously short-ranged, and the B followup is linear. At mid range or further, all it takes is a step to completely evade the move.

I use it at close range when I'm at least a +4 advantage, when I suspect a GI attempt or step, and when I see the opponent rushing in I try to pull it off sometimes. I don't go into prep off it that often either, to increase the surprise factor.

BTW, I'm still having a hard time with iWR A...what is it, another frame for the "i" so it's what, i22/i23? x_x? I'm either getting spaced out of it by the long range characters, or constantly interrupted by the close range characters that step like krazy(Taki's....)

hmm, I'm not sure, I think it has enough range. and you cant step B followup if you block 44A. and 44A is unsteppable I'm pretty sure of it. So they have to block it. I use it a lot if I think my opp is going to space me. But some characters have great backstep like Ivy. So you have to consider stuff like that too.
iWS A is not very good b/c its best part its pushback on guard, I use normal WS A and 6K if opp is close to me and I want them off, so if I end up in FC and my WS B is a threat that is going to be stepped. I then use WS A it pushes them away safely even if they step. But iWS A is way too slow b/c it 5 frames if you iWS a move IF you do it the fastest way possible.

Huh? I thought all y'all pros <3 the iWR A.
Meh meh meh. I guess I'll give 44AB a shot on super turtles. I'm probably just being dumb with it.

44A, according to me, is only good sometimes, if you really wanna get into prep against 8WR...it is known to whiff at point blank.

I've been saying iWSA is overrated because it is too slow (3A is even worse); however, WSA is nice against people who tend to step after tick lows that RC (1A, 2A, etc)

Back