Raphael media =/

Sorry for the bad quality, I will work in the future to get a capture device. Any comments would be appreciated

You do some nice stuff after SE or B is blocked.

If you enter SE accidentally, after connecting with 66B, you can still hit the guy with SE K.

And perhaps you could step more. That was a good match, but it was very linear from both player.

Thx for the vid. I've learned from it and I think I'll train a little on how to stop that freaking 10hit combo.

fuuuuuu that was my scIV cas.....
i used to be known for my "hellosigfried" that was actually a pink cat....(if you happened to break his armor and under the costume there is amy he deliberately copied my cas).
In scV it became hellonightmare >_>

P.s. i still think 66A+B, K is if not guaranteed at least more reliable than 66A+B, B+K

Hi there guys. I have a couple of videos with Raphael in SCV PS3 ver.(480p). These are concept fantasy battles with some general ''symbolic'' idea behind them. Not very high level of play, but I am gonna do something about that in the near future.

Valentine`s Day Aphrodite Battles

Anonymous vs Acta Demons (Dedicated to the protest we had all across Europe vs Acta legislation)

I usually announce the videos in this thread since its not that much of a high level play. Hope you enjoy :)

youtube snip

Hey guys I just wanted to share this cuz I thought it was hilarious!!! The irony is soooo obvious!!! How can Raph be merciless toward an innocent, cute, oversized pink cat??? Guess he finally found Amy a pet lol. Anyway, I noticed that this Raph player didn't do a variety of moves but still had pretty good movement and anticipation.

And to think we have people here that find Nightmare unbeatable, lol.

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/308707970

2/15/12 Xanadu Games Wednesday Night Xanbats Soul Calibur 5 Tournament.

The entire tournament was fun with some excellent matches, particularly towards the end. Check out the whole replay if you got the time but here are my streamed matches.

47:20 Hudathan :sc5rap1: vs Fetz :sc1crv1:
2:19:49 Hudathan :sc5rap1: vs StarwinderBeta :sc5nm1:
2:26:59 Hudathan :sc5rap1: vs Steve Harrison :sc5nm1:
3:16:32 Hudathan :sc5rap1: vs Lord Zor :sc5pyr1: (Don't get distracted by Valerie.)

Nice Raph matches in that tournament.

I have trouble with Pyrrah's 88B, cause it's TC from horizontal movement. I have an even bigger problem with Ivy's 88K.

Hey Hudathan not bad!! Pyrrha is a challenge for Raph and I have trouble with her, but imo it seems that you were too close to her most of the time. I usually like to stay a good distance from her so that Raph can hit her but many of her attacks cannot, which allows you to quickly land hits when she is wide open. She's not easy to punish either, it seems. But in your opinion, what is the most important thing to keep in mind when fighting Pyrrah?? Also, do you have any other tips for fighting Pyrrah?? It seems like simple kicks and pokes work better than BE and other combos. Probably more 66B, 44B, and 33B.
I'm going to copy & paste my post from the Tournament Discussion thread.

Don't do anything that's more than -10 against Pyrrha unless you really need a big play. I used a 6K at the end of one of the rounds to push Zor back on block so I can try to make a play, except even with the push-back Pyrrha just 2A'd me for my troubles. Happened again with an A+B A but that was more on me.

My tips on the match-up is to really watch her carefully and not throw stuff out there at her too much. Basically respect her like SC4 Sophie and don't give her ANY chances to get easy damage on you. With Raph in this game it's VERY important to not try and force your damaging options on people who are not giving you the opportunities. When they play close to their chest just keep it simple and wait. Other than that it all comes down to seeing her lows and stepping the second hit of her 66B BE, something I've been working on in the lab but too soon to pull out in a clutch match. Also, a well placed 2A from Raph will really discourage her from some of her simpler series's, otherwise you get run over by her 1K's which aren't even advantage on hit. Use safe, quick moves such as 4K and 2A at key moments in the fight to get enough advantage to open up your game a little bit more, and once the situation resets go back to being safe. A good defense is the best weapon a Raph player could hope for in this game.

Check out the whole replay to hear Hudathan on commentary!
YESSSSSS!!!

47:20 Hudathan :sc5rap1: vs Fetz :sc1crv1:
2:19:49 Hudathan :sc5rap1: vs StarwinderBeta :sc5nm1:
2:26:59 Hudathan :sc5rap1: vs Steve Harrison :sc5nm1:
3:16:32 Hudathan :sc5rap1: vs Lord Zor :sc5pyr1: (Don't get distracted by Valerie.)

- Nice to see Fetz back, first off lol. Perfect example of Raph beating a top tier character played by a tourney veteran. As you can all see, Fetz had answers for Prep and SE, including sidestep and 2A. Not the end of the world, not an auto-loss. Good use of 22B, gave Fetz a lot of trouble.
-Worth mentioning, Cervy 3B is ONLY -13, and launches at tip range, where many characters can't punish. Raph can. Still not a huge window, plug it into training mode and try it out.

I can't seem to load the video past 2 hours, dunno what that's all about. Looking forward to seeing the other matches.

- Nice to see Fetz back, first off lol. Perfect example of Raph beating a top tier character played by a tourney veteran. As you can all see, Fetz had answers for Prep and SE, including sidestep and 2A. Not the end of the world, not an auto-loss. Good use of 22B, gave Fetz a lot of trouble.
-Worth mentioning, Cervy 3B is ONLY -13, and launches at tip range, where many characters can't punish. Raph can. Still not a huge window, plug it into training mode and try it out.

I can't seem to load the video past 2 hours, dunno what that's all about. Looking forward to seeing the other matches.
Yeah tell me about it. I missed out on so much guaranteed damage, whether on block, counter-hit, or missed opportunities to step during strings. It was a combination of quite a few factors. Not many people realize this until they try it for themselves, but playing in a tournament when you're the sole organizer is a complete mind job. Between setting up the main stream with back-up stations, seeding entrants properly by location, collecting entry fees, laying down the tournament rules, finding a place on the bracket for late comers, arranging the matches so that interesting fights occur on stream with all 21 entrants getting a turn, keeping the action moving, providing commentary when possible, and updating results as they happen. By the time one of my own matches comes around, my mind is literally blank and I only start actually thinking about the game during my button check before I have to jump in. If you watch some of those matches, it looks like I'm playing SC4 Raph at times because I was literally operating off instinct and missing out on stuff I should be doing in THIS game. Not that I'm using this as an excuse for my mistakes because those were purely due to my shortcomings as a player, but it definitely messes with you during those clutch moments.

Take my match against Fetz as an example. That was the first time I met and played against him even though I've known his name since SC2. Cervantes has always been a tough match-up for Raph with his strong step punishment and those two have stayed relatively unchanged in design over the years. So when he started the game by 2A'ing every single one of my Prep entries from different ranges and different states, it really changed my approach to the fight and it all happened in real time over the course of 20 second increments. I knew that I would keep eating 2A's due to my Prep habits which locked up my confidence to hit 6BB's when it really mattered such as when I blocked his repeated attempts to 3B me. But I also knew that I could slow down the match and just rely on my Calibur basics and 22B because touching him 3 times means I could win the round. So it was a bit of give and take, but that's how tournament play help you improve as a player by the minute. I really need to just spend more time with the game, take more guaranteed damage with Raph's excellent 12 frame punisher and continue to improve my decision making with my move choices alongside my defense. If I can keep leveling up those areas, there is no reason why I can't continue to distance myself from people who don't play on the same level regardless of character.

Edit: The stream should be working properly again. Check out some of my other matches but make sure you catch the loser finals between Tiamat and DRS Ghostman, one of the closest and most exciting sets of the evening.

Other matches finally working.

VS Freewinder Beta

- Stop pushing buttons against Nightmare.

VS Steve H

- OK you got away with it that time but still. Maybe it's just because I live with a Nightmare player and know the matchup, but you DO NOT have to be so aggressive with him. Even in this game where he's been improved in some areas, he'll kill himself as long as you're on point with your punishment. It's ok to be closer to him, but don't rush him down. Too many windows for him to sneak in GS A or super.

Btw I like A+B as a ground hit. Stealing that.

VS Zor

- You covered it already. Pyrrha was up in your shit, and you played impatient at times. It's a winnable matchup for Raph, for sure. Not much else to say that hasn't been covered. Work on JG for her 66B EX, it's not too difficult.

Work on JG for her 66B EX, it's not too difficult.
I suck at this. I practiced it for a while, and I just can't get the timing down. I'm not used to releasing guard before the move hits. 4A is so much easier to use.

Also, if you jG 66B BE, what do you get guaranteed?

So, back from training.
JG 66b(BE)
You can sidestep 22B, if you JG the first hit.
And she is at -17, if you JG the second hit.
So, "3(B) prep~AB" for 48 damage and -4 on hit, and "3(B) prep~BB" for 38 dmg and 0 on hit.
After prep~AB you're one and half dash away from her, and you can re-create some distance.

You can go for a throw too.

- OK you got away with it that time but still. Maybe it's just because I live with a Nightmare player and know the matchup, but you DO NOT have to be so aggressive with him. Even in this game where he's been improved in some areas, he'll kill himself as long as you're on point with your punishment. It's ok to be closer to him, but don't rush him down. Too many windows for him to sneak in GS A or super.
I'll do you one better and not press any buttons against that character anymore and just wait for my guaranteed pay.

I suck at this. I practiced it for a while, and I just can't get the timing down. I'm not used to releasing guard before the move hits. 4A is so much easier to use.
Once I get good I'll be 22B'ing that every time, unless it's not guaranteed for some reason. Can't settle for anything less than the biggest damage.

I already learned so much from my matches, some of which weren't on the stream. Got many changes to make as far as my game is concerned. Raph hasn't been easy to pin down but I'll get there.

It is SO hard to step between those 2 hits. 4A is guaranteed out + damage + not losing that guard meter + easy for us non-asians.

This probably isn't the best place to post this, but I just started play Raph in this game and I wanted some critique. Is there any easy way to upload videos of my gameplay?

Take a look at this thread :)

http://8wayrun.com/threads/raphael-gameplay-videos.8781/

About Pyrrha...

You can step to her back on her 66B(BE). The key is to start the quick step input as soon as the first hit connects. You gotta start the input before than what it looks like. That's why it look so hard. But it really isn't that hard. It's very similar to Nightmare's 4BB.

JGing isn't hard, either, but I think you can get a better punishment from stepping. Maybe JGing is a good option if you're cornered and can step to their back.

And btw, are we gonna keep posting videos in this thread, too, or just at the new Gameplay Videos thread?

Take a look at this thread :)
JGing isn't hard, either, but I think you can get a better punishment from stepping. Maybe JGing is a good option if you're cornered and can step to their back.

JG would be good if you are in a corner, or against a wall to your left, and you cannot step. Just to sort of put that out there.

Agreed.

However, I'm often dubious about walls preventing us from stepping away from vertical strikes. Sometimes I get the (faint) impression that nature finds its course and the dodge still happens, as if both fighters slide away from the wall (at least in some cases).

Back