Raphael... Scarecrow or Vampire?

Gatsu once referred to the current SC character design trend as when "the Halloween happened" (great Italianglish, haha). He's more correct each day it seems.

I like the new Raph per se, but I also wish that SC had stuck more to historical warriors as character design inspirations and deviated less into fictional tropes.

Anyway, glad Raph is back at any rate. Also: HAT (see avatar).

I agree, it looks Halloween-ish, but then again, a lot of SCV's designs do (I mean, Astaroth has the Frankenstein look going for him!), so I think it fits. But I'm a huge fan of Vampire Hunter D hats.

The hat better be in CaS.

Question for you guys:

What is raphael holding in the palm of his hand in the official 2D art ? Little skull trinket with the maroon tassels

Amy's ribbon
640px-Scbd_pcwp_amy_1024x768.jpg

He seems more depressed in part 5, or rather not as cocky.
I wonder what happened to amy?
Did she die, or maybe it has to do with Viola's resemblence to Amy?
What I think is that Amy has been under Rahaels hypnosis or something. Then one day Viola/Amy breaks free from this spell. Raphael dreads over the loss, and becomes more depressed dreading over the loss and is determined to get Amy back? Im not really sure, but this is only a thought.

Official Official Raphael Profile

• Name: Raphael Sorel
  • Sex: Male
  • Birthplace: Rouen, French Empire
  • Height: 5'10" (178 cm)
  • Weight: 159 lbs. (72 kg)
  • Birth Date: November 27th
  • Blood Type: A
  • Weapon: Sword Rapier
  • Weapon Name: Flambert
  • Discipline: La rapière des Sorel
  • Relationships: He has a foster daughter named Amy.

Official Official Raphael Profile

• Name: Raphael Sorel
  • Sex: Male
  • Birthplace: Rouen, French Empire
  • Height: 5'10" (178 cm)
  • Weight: 159 lbs. (72 kg)
  • Birth Date: November 27th
  • Blood Type: A
  • Weapon: Sword Rapier
  • Weapon Name: Flambert
  • Discipline: La rapière des Sorel
  • Relationships: He has a foster daughter named Amy.

So Amy is a daughter he could never have?
Hmm... Very interesting.

He seems more depressed in part 5, or rather not as cocky.
I wonder what happened to amy?
Did she die, or maybe it has to do with Viola's resemblence to Amy?
What I think is that Amy has been under Rahaels hypnosis or something. Then one day Viola/Amy breaks free from this spell. Raphael dreads over the loss, and becomes more depressed dreading over the loss and is determined to get Amy back? Im not really sure, but this is only a thought.

It probably has something to do with Amy, though I doubt Raphael had her under hypnosis.

Something probably happened to her that caused her to lose her memories and become Viola. These include her memories of Raphael. Maybe this happened while she was out during the SC IV storyline. She could have lost her memory and never returned to Raphael's castle, and he's been obsessively looking for her ever since.

Just speculation, of course.

I think his new costume is quite cool. He looks like a character from an Alexandre Dumas novel. Now he looks more like a fencer, is not an Alucard ripoff or a Phantom of the opera any more.

Is more close to the original Raphael IMO.

Reactions: CFW
SCV Raph is good

SC2 french fencer > SCV Raph > > > vampire wannabe Raph

Only "problem" with the actual one are maybe standard colours,maybe i do a quick colour edit with photoshop and post it here

SCV Raph is good

SC2 french fencer > SCV Raph > > > vampire wannabe Raph

Only "problem" with the actual one are maybe standard colours,maybe i do a quick colour edit with photoshop and post it here

Do that...NOW! :D

Back