Raphael video thread!

I still suggest mixing up 3 with 3B. The push back on 3B is enourmous, easily exposing what the opponant will counter-attack like with a big whiff. Then you KNOW what they're going to do, so even if they step it's usually at a safe distance. The problem is you forfeit about 18 damage from prepBB on NH and CH , but IMO it's worth it for the pressure and revelations

I don't even use 3B much anymore in my game. I feel like I've had enough play time with it that I know it inside out now and it's time to do better stuff with raph. Prep game is definitely not enough in this game for you to last the distance against other characters who have more solid stuff. There will always be situations to apply Prep game but forcing it on people with 3B is not viable especially since 3B itself isn't the hottest move around.

From a recent session in VA
Chi's voldo was owning the shit out of me for most of the night -_-

vs Chi (Voldo)

vs Chi (Wizardman) *not a typo

vs Tiamat (Safemare)

Voldo rapes raph, I really don't think it's just me, Prep game just straight up doesn't work on that guy.

I've always thought Amy was Raph's worst matchup but I'm seriously beginning to think its Voldo. I'm gonna do some testing when I get a chance...I have some ideas to make this bitch eat prep

Hey~~what's up Chen and Millionz,hope this info help.
About the prep stuff. Voldo's can't do 1B in fully crouch (which he could in SC3). Rap's 44A might be a good choice getting into prep , also I am pretty sure you can just stop keep doing prep(not sure VE),try mixing up into stance or not. Voldo's 1B is -16 on block ,disadv on hit and horrible recover time if it whiff :)

Hey~~what's up Chen and Millionz,hope this info help.
About the prep stuff. Voldo's can't do 1B in fully crouch (which he could in SC3). Rap's 44A might be a good choice getting into prep , also I am pretty sure you can just stop keep doing prep(not sure VE),try mixing up into stance or not. Voldo's 1B is -16 on block ,disadv on hit and horrible recover time if it whiff :)

Good shit Chi.

Pretty solid Raph. He got a little carried away with his VE A use...Kayane ducked the 2nd hit and punished almost every time. Just a suggestion, VE K might be worth using in situations where you think they'll duck the VE grab. VE K kinda turns them off axis when they block it so its difficult to punish.

He used 33K:B pretty freely. Normally I wouldn't, but I dont think X can punish it?

Good stuff

Hud's definately right. SEA B executes so swiftly you can easily defeat steppaz and runnaz let alone other trix.

Wouldn't SEA A be better against steppers? This move is 3 frames slower but leaves you even on block and at +10 on NH and CH. It is a high, but most will stand in fear of SEA B if they know prep.

Raphael Mirror Matches

I just found out this forum so do mind me if I'm very new at this. I thought this might bring up an interesting discussion as I've just recently uploaded a video of some mirror matches between my brother with Raphael. I'm not excellent with Raphael but it was good fun regardless. Full story on video description. Please enjoy.

Wouldn't SEA A be better against steppers? This move is 3 frames slower but leaves you even on block and at +10 on NH and CH. It is a high, but most will stand in fear of SEA B if they know prep.

Thats what I use, even though it's a high. Right now I value the frame trap more than the potential CH potential of SEA B. Obviously if you're getting CH's then SEA ~prepA does good dmg, but otherwise i'm doing a SEA ~BB mix up.
I've been using SEA A like VE A (which is sparingly).

The only question that seems hard to answer is why would anyone ever go SEA K or SEB K, aside from the WTF factor

Raphael Mirror Matches

Are you Yuen29 or is that your brother ?

I am the brother of Yuen29. IIRC, I think you're the one that I got my ass kicked over 12 consecutive times online but that would be because I'm very unfond of the lag. I rarely ever play online unlike my brother especially getting my hands on the PS3 but I think on the other hand, I would've put up more of a fight if it was offline, lol.

Back