Raph's Top Ten Moves

gonna add in 44B and CE on my list of top 10 for now.

44B - move is self explanatory...

CE - I know most of you guys think his CE sucks and shouldn't be on the list.... I would agree if the only time you're using it is in combos....however... outside of combos.... this move is i12 mid hitting move that takes off a decent chunk of damage and a decent ranged move.... I haven't fully tested it yet.. but i have yet to see it whiff (because of step or TS move)... but basically i've been treating it as an i12 horizontal mid....

-LAU

g

CE - I know most of you guys think his CE sucks and shouldn't be on the list.... I would agree if the only time you're using it is in combos....however... outside of combos.... this move is i12 mid hitting move that takes off a decent chunk of damage and a decent ranged move.... I haven't fully tested it yet.. but i have yet to see it whiff (because of step or TS move)... but basically i've been treating it as an i12 horizontal mid....

-LAU

Ah i've been having it whiff a lot when trying setups like trying to CE in the middle of lexia's 66AA, wrB BE string.
In fact, the move gets beaten out a LOT against the last hit of natsu's windroll BBB (or at least inferior damage trade). You also can't mash out the CE after blocking pyrrha's 22BAK because she drifts forward in the air and you pretty much have to nail her as she's falling down (so you're vulnerable to her stopping the string short).

I think the interrupting ability for CE is even better than 6BB(BE) because of the invincibility frames after i10, but 6BB(BE) is hit confirmable so you won't burn meter and get punished if something goes awry.

gonna add in 44B and CE on my list of top 10 for now.

44B - move is self explanatory...

-LAU

if i had to choose raph best move i couldn t decide between CE and 6BB....

His CE, when used carefully, is a really good interrupt tool being as fast as it is. It's just a tough read to make, blowing a meter and risking -20 for all that. I'd rather keep it in my back pocket and use it for guaranteed hits, like against lazy stance usage, or something like Yoshi's MED mixups.

When the game first came out I woulda told you FUCK YEAH WAKEUP SUPER, and I kinda knew it'd die off. But yeah it's died off for me lol, I barely use it anymore. I probably use it LESS than I should, since it lost me at least one tourney match already.

think of it this way.... against characters that's going into stance.. CE rapes them if you know when to do it.

also wanna add... after getting raped by Shen Yuan as Raph and by his Raph i think i need to make some changes to my list sometimes....

-LAU

think of it this way.... against characters that's going into stance.. CE rapes them if you know when to do it.

also wanna add... after getting raped by Shen Yuan as Raph and by his Raph i think i need to make some changes to my list sometimes....

-LAU

What moves was he making good use of, besides the obvious?

What moves was he making good use of, besides the obvious?
Honestly it wasn't the moves he was using is different it was the way he was using it... and mainly his spacing is godlike....

one move he was using that i wasn't was Prep 4

-LAU

Honestly it wasn't the moves he was using is different it was the way he was using it... and mainly his spacing is godlike....

-LAU

I always forget to take my guaranteed hits when I auto GI something with that, prep 4 > SE is too much of a reflex for me haha. But yeah it's pretty good. Still risky if the opponent is ready to punish it, but hey that goes for a lot of moves.

I always forget to take my guaranteed hits when I auto GI something with that, prep 4 > SE is too much of a reflex for me haha. But yeah it's pretty good. Still risky if the opponent is ready to punish it, but hey that goes for a lot of moves.

Thing is.... he didn't use it for aGI purpose at all... like you can say he's got no intention for aGI.

-LAU

-LAU
i am using prep4 a lot....and it worked a lot until i discovered a thing.....
did you try what happens if you backstep against it?
simple and clear: raph gets out of SE range BUT he is stuck in prep

simple and clear: raph gets out of SE range BUT he is stuc then raph will be k in prep

If were talking about tip of SE B range Raphael is safe from most characters. Empty prep seems to be -20 still or near it so if they Backstep after seeing prep 4 then either prep option is good if they close in. If they stay spaced then raph has an advantage because that's his playing field. So if they back dash and forward dash or back dash again after Raphael is safe with an empty prep.

If you can delay prep moves still then you can go to SE after the advancing step from prep is made. This factor seems to be good in trapping the opponent in a corner if they think Backstep will work. You can also reset prep again with prep 4 to see if they are totally underestimating prep or to change their positioning even more or to bait them.

Prep is his best tool to manipulate the opponent and their positioning

simple and clear: raph gets out of SE range BUT he is stuck in prep

er.....

like optymuss said... there's so many options even if they are out of range...

first of all with SC V more than any other SC you really need to know your character match up... i might not do this as much against Ivy compared to if i was fighting Natsu...

second.... besides from the options optymuss said...

you can always just prep 4 again to move further out of range.. and after that whiff Prep A or B, just do a prep 2 empty if you feel its necessary to go back to neutral stance... chances are if you're super far away they can't punish you.. and if they are running in like a maniac... they are risking something themselves... once again... it's match up... there will be some character that have easier solutions like NM can just 88B you.... but at the same time NM got other weakness to be exploited.

-----------------------

btw.. is it just me or prep K sucks like no tomorrow... i see this crap get stepped more than it hits...... is there somethign to this move that i don't know about?

-LAU

-----------------------

btw.. is it just me or prep K sucks like no tomorrow... i see this crap get stepped more than it hits...... is there somethign to this move that i don't know about?

-LAU

Nope, it sucks...but is mid...hooray.

pretty terrible w/o the prep transition.

Short range (worse than SC4 version), negative on hit, 2nd hit is even crouchable on block, at least with the prep entry you have some chance to prep4/SE if they're slow with their TC move. It does have awesome tracking to raph's left, but only hits if they're at 2A range.

Back