SE A
WS B
BB
33B
66A
Prep BB
Prep K

-----

keep in mind i use more than the moves above....

-LAU

For me, as revised in my earlier post.

SE B pretty much stays where it is, as on paper its raph's best move. You lose the "lucky catch" of side steppers, but then again you "should" have used SE A or something like that.

A+BA entered my top 10 list due the way it works well with the new prepBBB stun.

22A entered because of sheer necessity.

4(B) now can do quite a bit of damage with the new stun leading to A+BA or CE

22B dropped due to the unrealiableness of its follow-throughs (though not a terrible move, just not top 10)

SE A dropped because at adding 7 frames on your recovery on block is pretty severe.

2A
6BB
3(B)
4(B)
236B
iFC 3B
66A
11*77BB
33k(BE)
CE

I know, I'm the odd one here.

6BBB/6B(B)/~BB/~B(B) - Great punisher with good range and i12. Both make a good CH fisher for 40 damage with a BE hitconfirm for 30 more damage and knockdown (and carries them halfway across the stage).
3B - Punisher and poke. Great range, i16 and hits mid.
236B - Fast, longest range out of all our moves, forces crouch and does good damage.
SE - Mostly SEB, the tracking is not a huge issue, as A is the tracking move (the SEA nerf on the other hand is unfortunate). SEK is great if you are in range/nowhere near a wall.
66B - Great frames on block and good damage on hit, 10 more if you entered prep. On block fast prep options can still frame trap, and without prep it is +2
4B - TC, good damage and range and super outlet.
wrB - i13 mid from crouch.
2A - The gtfo move.
3A - Catches step, knockdown/wallsplat on CH, safe and fast. Not a bad panic button either.
22A - Good range decent speed, and safe. Doesn't give much, even on CH, but it is our fastest long range horizontal (66A being the other step kill of choice).

Also
Wake up mixups - QS into throw, 33k(BE), 66A+B, 22B, 11K etc.
66A+G - 60 damage, even better since B+G is our ringout/wallsplat throw. If only we had the old throw range.

its one of the best moves against grounded people.
It is involved in lot of tech traps.
its +0 and baits 2A answers for raph 4A+B or many of other mixups (44K, 6BB, 2A etc).
Its fast and deals lot of damage
Mixuppable with 22B if opponent ducks
tracks so its one of raph best antistep tools
It has imho a huge psychological impact...

Bad thing....it starts from QS :< old 1K while being inferior in stats, was even less reactable not requiring step aside that is one of top 3 moves for me .-. i could play without preps, but not without 11k.

darkfender said:
Do you continue to use it as a low throughout the match? I tend to substitute 33B as the low poke once people are scared to step, but I guess it works as a step kill.

Hey guys, what are your top ten moves that don't go into Prep? I use Prep way too much still, and I'd like to learn other moves so that I don't have to rely on it.

Right now, I've got 33K BE, 236B, 3A, and grabs. I generally only use other moves on wake up.

Do you continue to use it as a low throughout the match? I tend to substitute 33B as the low poke once people are scared to step, but I guess it works as a step kill.

i use it against step, against grounded (mixup with A+B,A and 66A+B) and sometimes as a poke at low distance after opponents heavily negative moves...

33B is more a ranged tool imho...i never use 33B at short range.
33B is quite easy to step also :<

Hey guys, what are your top ten moves that don't go into Prep? I use Prep way too much still, and I'd like to learn other moves so that I don't have to rely on it.

Right now, I've got 33K BE, 236B, 3A, and grabs. I generally only use other moves on wake up.

Since you're already considering A+BA, 66A+B and 66B+K on wakeup:

wr B? 22A ? FC3B ? 2A ? wr A ? 22B? 2K? Those are all solid moves you should use and not only because you want to be "less predictable".

wr B? 22A ? FC3B ? 2A ? wr A ? 22B? 2K? Those are all solid moves you should use and not only because you want to be "less predictable".

This is a good list - also 6K and 1K when appropriate.

I completely forgot that I use 2A all the time, and I follow that with WR B when it hits. I'll try to implement the other ones more though.

This is a good list - also 6K and 1K when appropriate.

How do you use these moves? Do you use 1K like 4B, but much less often? And with 6K, I think I'm supposed to use that when I need a quick mid to finish the round, right? Wouldn't 3A work just as well?

A+BA (this move slows the match down so much), 11K (on the fence with this one), 33B and 44K are decent as well. 6K/44K is a TJ, so they can beat out 2A/2K.
6BB and 3B are decent without prep as well, and not just as fakes to draw out anti prep moves (although that is probably what will happen). 66B alone gives great frames on block.

I completely forgot that I use 2A all the time, and I follow that with WR B when it hits. I'll try to implement the other ones more though.

How do you use these moves? Do you use 1K like 4B, but much less often? And with 6K, I think I'm supposed to use that when I need a quick mid to finish the round, right? Wouldn't 3A work just as well?

1K is much better at CH out of step than 4B, use it as anti-step CH and not anti-vert CH. 6K is TJ so is good against people who like to spam 2A or if they have a low you anticipate...8_9K also good for this purpose, but the moves have slightly different properties (I like 9K a lot, probably because it was awesome in SC2, but it is a lot slower).

I personally like 33B more than 11K but i understand the use are different... i just feel at that range i prefer 2K....

-LAU

I just grab at that range. It feels like raph's reach has shrunk noticeably though. Nevertheless, all his grabs are pretty rewarding.

I agree that I am guilty of respecting my opponent too much, and I need to followup 2K on hit with more wrB, 6BB or FC2A to draw the proper reaction from them.

A+BA (this move slows the match down so much), 11K (on the fence with this one), 33B and 44K are decent as well. 6K/44K is a TJ, so they can beat out 2A/2K.
6BB and 3B are decent without prep as well, and not just as fakes to draw out anti prep moves (although that is probably what will happen). 66B alone gives great frames on block.

6K TJ is horribad in scV -.- 44K, 9K are reliable.

Back