Reasons to use regular Pyrrha over Omega Pyrrha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartNana

[09] Warrior
I've been playing regular Pyrrha, and on paper, it seems as tho Omega has a lot more going for her. However, after playing, there seems to be a lot going for regular Pyrrha, too.

These are things I can think of.

Advantages of O.P over Pyr:
- 66B (Not that Pyr's is bad, but this one is pretty beefy)
- 4B (hits mid, stuns, positive on block)
- 22K (same as Sophie's old 3K, though I don't know how useful it is yet)
- 236236B (safe cause it pushes back so far)
- 236B:4 (rings out, wallsplats)
- A+G does more damage
- 236A (decent move, high, but safe and does mad damage on hit cause of the stun)

Advantages of Pyr over O.P
- EX moves are way better.
- 3A is a good long range poke that goes under highs
- 1K is quicker
- 22K and 22KK are cool
- better oki for 236B:4
- launch into super is beefy
- WSB (One of her best moves IMO)
- 3KK is good
- AK
- BK
- 6B+K is a nice poke that omega doesnt have
- B+G deals more guaranteed damage
- 44A

Ultimately, it seems to come down to preference. I had other reasons, but I want to see what the other Pyrrha players think.

hmm ... a few mistakes here.

PO's 236a is not safe... another pyrrha can use 236b to punish. same with 236236b ... it's not safe in sc5.. another pyrhha can bb or 236b.

3kk is gimmicky at best I think ... -16 on block, stuns on ch only.

~~~

I think pyrrha's 4k is a super good poke ... mainly because it seems to track a decent amount. PO's variation of that is 3k, but it doesn't seem to track at all. I can't really find a good way to poke with PO outside of standard a's and b's

Good to know that PO's 236A isn't safe, and that her 236236B isn't safe either. The safety of those two were actually the main two things about PO that I like over Pyr, aside from 66B (tho Pyr's 66B is good)

3KK is mad gimmicky, but you can still see it on CH and do the 2nd kick if you're good. 3K is a decent poke.

And wow, you're right about Pyr's 4K. I like it a lot!

Her 66A+G throw is another difference. OP's version leaves her pretty far away back turned while Pyr's gives really good wakeup. The more I play pyr, the more I notice the little things that make me like her a lot better than OP. I was just wondering why the other players here chose Pyr over OP, and if they share the same feelings I do about the two characters.

Ω can launch into CE also. Ω's high damage combos are harder from what I've seen, they involve a lot of tightly timed DNS Bs. Normal pyrrha's oki seems slightly better from what I can tell. Also, 2BB seems CH confirmable with practice now, so while I would still agree that pyrrha's BEs are the better of the two, I don't think Ω's 2B BE should be discounted in the hands of the right player, since it can deal into the 80s/90s. Ω looks like she gets more damage off TC with NS_DNS A > CE doing a ton and off anti-step, but with both sets of options being less safe overall.

i have chosen pyrrha over OP for the simple fact that pyrrha butchers step better imo. i feel stepping is randomly a little too strong so i want a character that can be as anti meta as possible while still being strong in general.

I picked up Pyrrha and instantly felt comfortable with her. It's odd, Pyrrha Ω is more like her mother (Sophitia's been my main since II), but for some reason, playing with Pyrrha seems more natural to me. It's not a technical issue for me, just something emotional, IDK. I play them both, but I lean more towards standard Pyrrha.

Pyrrha's 6B BE seems much better than Poe's BE. TJ, hard to step (can you step Py 6B BE?). I think you can dance around Poe's. :\

AA is one frame faster or at least Leixia's speed.

4B is 0 on block since Pyrrha and Pyrrha's AAs clash on block.
Leix and Pyrrha's also clash.
Pyrrha's beats Omega's.

that reminds me, i might have to post the frame data tomorrow. since the frame data for O pyrrha is already up this will make it even easier for you guys to compare them.

Dropped Omega for Pyrrha yesterday. With Omega, any launcher -> super -> 66B can be teched out of.. I wanna say to the left? I couldn't get 236236B to connect midscreen either, not sure if I was just mistiming it. Either way, while Omega does have some great tools that Pyrrha doesn't (especially 4B +2 on block, 11A +2 on hit), she lacks good EX moves and doesn't seem to get as consistant midscreen damage. Omega's earlier timing on the 236B4 followup isn't a good thing either imo - it's easy to do on its own, but when buffering 236B during any sort of recovery I found it waaaay harder to time since it being earlier makes it harder to do on reaction, plus it's less intuitive than just tapping 4 when the move actually connects.
I realize part of my post is restating what has already been said, but I just wanted to go over my biggest issues with Omega.

I picked up Pyrrha and instantly felt comfortable with her. It's odd, Pyrrha Ω is more like her mother (Sophitia's been my main since II), but for some reason, playing with Pyrrha seems more natural to me. It's not a technical issue for me, just something emotional, IDK. I play them both, but I lean more towards standard Pyrrha.
Same here - I was a Sophie main and barely played Cass at all, but I feel more comfortable playing Pyrrha after 1 day than Omega after a week.

Pyrrha's 6B BE seems much better than Poe's BE. TJ, hard to step (can you step Py 6B BE?). I think you can dance around Poe's. :\

Pyrrha's 66B BE is better just because of the reward you get when you get the CH or on guard crush first hit. The second hit is terribly easy to just guard.

I would say that using one over the other would definitely be user preference.

I myself has been a sophie mainer since SC2... and can currently use both normal Pyrrha and Omega P.

I would say I currently prefer using Omega over normal one... only because my own sophie playstyle suits omega more compared to normal pyrrha.

On paper, and pretty much on my own initial observation, normal pyrrha is a more rounded character compared to Omega, with more options available to her in any given situation... and a more varied set of BE to boot.

However, I find that as people have stated on this SA, I'm having to constantly work in the round to deal significant damage that her omega counterpart can dish out with just a few pokes and hits.

It generally makes having to go against heavy damage dealers like natsu, astaroth, seigfried & nightmare like running a knife-edge... basically, If i'm not ahead and at significant advantage mid-round... I might as well write the round off... =_=

With Omega... & playing a defensive orientated game... I can take a few hits, and even be at a significant disadvantage mid round, and yet I can still be able to make great comebacks and even win the round with just a few successful pokes and punishers.

To me, Normal Pyrrha feels similar to SC4 taki in regards to how much work you need to put in per round...

...Omega Pyrrha is definitely more like sophie, but stripped of her variety... but given the ability to dish out damage comparable to the rest of the heavy hitters in this version of the game. ^_^

And personally, I prefer the VA of Omega Pyrrha... there's only so much I can tolerate off of normal pyrrha's MOE screams and apologies... >_< lol!

Pyrrha's 66B BE is better just because of the reward you get when you get the CH or on guard crush first hit. The second hit is terribly easy to just guard.

Ideally, you can step the second hit or GI. That BE also hits OTG for the first hit, which seems pretty nice.

And personally, I prefer the VA of Omega Pyrrha... there's only so much I can tolerate off of normal pyrrha's MOE screams and apologies... >_< lol!

True! Except.... do Poe's 44K.... all the sudden her malfestation disappears and it sounds the same as Pyrrha.... ?!

After playing Omega since launch, I switched to Pyrrha and it feels so much nicer.

Unless you can 236236B every single combo, especially launch > super and 22B, I don't think it's really worth playing Omega. The damage difference just isn't big enough without it to make up for the consistency that pyrrha brings to the table.

My thoughts:

-22K is perfectly fine as a sidestep whiff punisher for the most part, and is way easier to combo off of than 22B.
-Launch into super is too good damage off of relatively low commitment moves to pass up. This changes if you can consistently 236236B Omega's super.
-Her B throw is really cute.
-I like 236AA as a high risk TC step killer better than Omega's 236A because it hits more consistently.
-Ring Out game isn't as big of a factor when half of the stages are infinite.
-AA is one frame faster. 66A is one frame safer.
-Good players worth their salt aren't going to be whiffing moves from range often enough for 236236B to really make a difference as far as whiff punishing. Side step is way better and it's punishable now, so it's not like you can just throw it out randomly and hit.
-Her B throw is really cute.

Pyrrha Omega has some things going for her. I think she's a much more solid character once you can do her 236236B combos. Her stupid damage off of wall slams and ring out game does give her an edge in some situations where you really need to make something happen. I'll keep practicing her on the side to see how things change as I can land higher damage combos more consistently.

In the end...I think it's the cute B throw that I like the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back