SC revival team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think it'll work, but at least make sure the people communicating with them have some skill in public speaking/writing. We don't need any more stumbling interviews or rambling posts being seen by people involved with this game.

Best just to leave it to one person and have them give everyone's input. If they agree to speak to you at all they probably don't want to denote a good deal of time speaking with scattered members of the community. I would expect them to want to send one guy to listen to our guys input from everyone and then go back to them and see what they think about implementing some of it,

I don't think the series was in real danger of dieing out but this would breath new life into the game, people who aren't die hard fans would stick around and keep playing allowing the community to grow, and most important we would the best possible Soul Calibur. Just the idea of a SC that's nearly perfect in terms of balance makes me happy.

This is absolutely beautiful. I knew this community would come together for such an important venture. Even Rek posted so I know this is worth it. Everyone who hasn't should make a quickie account on the NBGA forums and post in my thread.

I've been going through every Soul Arena, watching SC3:AE vids, and playing SC2, SC3, and SC:BD searching for balance ideas. My head hurts but at least I'm prepared for future installments.

What I need to know though is what big things we do want patched in 4. Or would we as a community rather ask for console BD releases?

^Well, BD doesn't sound too bad.
Let's start small and try to get Dampierre in consoles.
Just a humble suggestion..........

i wouldn't mind a patched BD or a patched 4 for console. As long as the community can help make it balanced. Even with future releases, there's always a need for game testers.

Yes, Broken Destiny is the way to go for an update.

Whoever is arguing no about BD, clearly hasn't played it or is butthurt that some characters are nerfed a little.

Well, boo-fucking-hoo, the game is incredibly well done and fixes many of the issues that are clearly wrong with 1.03.

I just would want Broken Destiny ported with a graphical facelift, more stages and better netcode and that's it. I don't care much for Kratos so if he's in or not, whatever. He's a small time issue compared to the game being released.

That would hold me over for the next sequel.

Yes, Broken Destiny is the way to go for an update.

Whoever is arguing no about BD, clearly hasn't played it or is butthurt that some characters are nerfed a little.

Well, boo-fucking-hoo, the game is incredibly well done and fixes many of the issues that are clearly wrong with 1.03.

I just would want Broken Destiny ported with a graphical facelift, more stages and better netcode and that's it. I don't care much for Kratos so if he's in or not, whatever. He's a small time issue compared to the game being released.

That would hold me over for the next sequel.
this doesn't describe idlemind at all

im not the only one with a beef

Most of the peeps here and the dominicans liked it.

Even Omega (as I been told) dropped 1.03 seeing the superior version BD was and until it comes out, he's retired in SC4. Currently playing Tekken 6 until either BD or a new update comes along.

Anyway, the wants of the many outweight the needs of a few. Raphael sucks in BD, too damn bad. Suck it up!!!

No such thing as a perfect fighting game.

BD isn't superior because it's still a fighting game on the PSP.

I used to think that this game is in a dire need of a patch, but even if this game was patched, it's not going to bring hordes of people back into the game. Plus NB isn't going to go through the effort of making a patch for a game this late after RTM and risk breaking something else that they would need to fix.

Realistically, I'm hoping that they reach out to us so that the next game can turn out to be incredible, so do continue to show your support in that thread on their forum. But if you want to revive Soul Calibur, then it needs to start with you guys who are reading this. Continue playing the game, don't drop the game for stuff like Tekken, introduce the game to your friends, and try to make it to tournaments. Talk shit. Generate some rivalries. This ain't canasta.

Just don't solely wait for NB to do something. If you do that, you're going to be waiting for a long time.

Since the scene here is dead since Tekken 6 just buried it completely, it isn't much fun to play fighting games solo. If Broken Destiny is released, new life may be injected on it but right now is deader than dead.

On the mean time Tekken 6 is where is at since everybody and their mother is playing it around here so that's where I go to compete.

My love will always be to Soulcalibur and I will always take Soulcalibur over Tekken anyday but reality is that Tekken 6 is a very solid game right now and I can't force people to play something so...Tekken it is.

EpicPhail37: I signed up for that Tekken Zaibatsu site but it won't send activation e-mails. I don't see any contact info to him on SD either. Know any other place he patronizes?

When I signed up for TZ, it took forever for my account to get activated. There's an initial activation email, then someone has to actually activate your account manually. Why? I don't know. Hope that helps.

mikosu: Wow, to be honest I didn't expect anyone to listen to my suggestion. Nice, I just checked SDTEKKEN.com and according to the website his email contact is

contact@SDTEKKEN.com

I know he patronizes the Tekken thread at SRK as well located here:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/forumdisplay.php?f=314

But your best bet would definitely be PM'ing him on TZ once you have your account activated. He's a popular guy I imagine so if that doesn't work, emailing him at SDTeKKEN would be your next bet. I made a new account on TZ recently and it took a day or so to get it activated so you might have to wait a little bit. Shouldn't be too long tho. Good luck and hope that works for ya.

Ramon: I was the Ivy player you played briefly back a while ago in NYC in some small game shop. I remember playing SC3 with you, Tidus, Dreamkiller, and even Scha from New Jersey made an appearance that day and Serge in 2 matches before our gaming time was up. You were using Sophitia back then and still the same today I see, but I've noticed how drastically you have improved based on results and that really took me by surprise. I could tell back then you had some sick anticipation skills, but just needed more experience + defense, but with all that now I can understand why you are beasting. Good stuff and maybe one day we'll be able to play again!

We need support

I know but it seems that nobody cares, just a few people has posted, and we need more people.

BD isn't superior because it's still a fighting game on the PSP.

I used to think that this game is in a dire need of a patch, but even if this game was patched, it's not going to bring hordes of people back into the game. Plus NB isn't going to go through the effort of making a patch for a game this late after RTM and risk breaking something else that they would need to fix.

Realistically, I'm hoping that they reach out to us so that the next game can turn out to be incredible, so do continue to show your support in that thread on their forum. But if you want to revive Soul Calibur, then it needs to start with you guys who are reading this. Continue playing the game, don't drop the game for stuff like Tekken, introduce the game to your friends, and try to make it to tournaments. Talk shit. Generate some rivalries. This ain't canasta.

Just don't solely wait for NB to do something. If you do that, you're going to be waiting for a long time.
Believe me kid thats what i used to do, the strongest community in DR was sc, but im not going to be presenting the game, teaching people, and doing tournaments, now namco has to do something for us, and as Angrel san said im retired from SC, this is my first time doing this, im no crybaby, but im tired of this shit, it was the same with sc3 AE we never got it to console, and we kept playing an inferior version of the game, because namco didnt do shit, so people keep posting in the namco bandai web to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back